Which player would you trade | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which player would you trade

evo said:
You trade players that have outperformed their own ceiling for a season and look like you will never see another season as good. For exaple Pettifer that year he kicked 40 odd goals. You don't trade players that are under performing compared to their capabilites eg. Tambling. You wont get any value for Tambling at the moment, at least wait till his is worth something.

Conventionally yes. But the new clubs are going to unbalance the trade scenario. They may be desperate for more mature players and be prepared to give over the odds.

tigersnake said:
disagree completely. He has the 'potential' aura and occassionally shows he has a hint of class. I strongly believe, and I'd put money on it, we'll get over the odds for him from one of the new clubs for these reasons. 25 or better, I'd jump at it. Could get as low as 17/18.
I don't quite get it. How is getting '25 of better" a good deal for a top 5 pick?

Hopefully Richie picks up in the second half of the season and starts to show why he was picked good 'n high.

K3 said:
I don't quite get it. How is getting '25 of better" a good deal for a top 5 pick?

If you don't quite get it, I dunno if I can explain it. Have you ever heard the sayings, 'throwing good money after bad'?, 'cutting your losses'?

Where he was picked is now irrelevant. Foley was pick 299 and plays like a top 10 etc, etc etc.

The point I was making is that, IMO, all things being equal, another economics concept, RT is worth a pick in the 30s. The GC and GWS need some experience and profile, and also players with potential and an (alleged) smidgeon of class, (and his pick number is relevant here, the residual hype) therefore we'll get over those odds. 18 to 25. Jump on it.

tigersnake said:
If you don't quite get it, I dunno if I can explain it. Have you ever heard the sayings, 'throwing good money after bad'?, 'cutting your losses'?

Where he was picked is now irrelevant. Foley was pick 299 and plays like a top 10 etc, etc etc.

The point I was making is that, IMO, all things being equal, another economics concept, RT is worth a pick in the 30s. The GC and GWS need some experience and profile, and also players with potential and an (alleged) smidgeon of class, (and his pick number is relevant here, the residual hype) therefore we'll get over those odds. 18 to 25. Jump on it.

If he keeps playing as he has so far in 2010 for the rest of the year and it's not due to injury, I'll join you with that.