Which player would you trade | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which player would you trade

Baloo said:
Brisbane took Raines and Port took Schulz last year in trades. Neither were regular 1st team players for us. It's hard to tell which of our players other teams fancy (Raines & Schulz) and which they don't rate (Tuck)

It’s a good point Baloo – I would have given Tuck much more chance of garnering interest than the other 2.

B1

B1 and B2 said:
It’s a good point Baloo – I would have given Tuck much more chance of garnering interest than the other 2.

Agree, though the unknown is whether Tuck did get some interest but we decided the trades offered weren't worth it. Or whether there was no sniff at all.

davidrodan said:
but what bout younger players that are not getting a game cause they are in a strong team (eg. Geelong) or the position they play is held by proven players (eg. forwards at Hawks)

I reckon Veszpremi might be a good target, also Zac Clarke from Freo

That is what Blair Hartley is doing right now.

You trade players that have outperformed their own ceiling for a season and look like you will never see another season as good. For exaple Pettifer that year he kicked 40 odd goals. You don't trade players that are under performing compared to their capabilites eg. Tambling. You wont get any value for Tambling at the moment, at least wait till his is worth something.

On that measurement you'd probably consider trading Tuck and McGuane. No way I'd trade Morton. Thursty and Nahas probably aren't worth anythng now that they are getting dropped(although I think Nahahs still has a future with us, just needs a go).

Dangling Rance is a good idea. Whoever in this thread that said his is still young enough that some club migght believe they can fix him was spot on.

evo said:
You trade players that have outperformed their own ceiling for a season and look like you will never see another season as good. For exaple Pettifer that year he kicked 40 odd goals. You don't trade players that are under performing compared to their capabilites eg. Tambling. You wont get any value for Tambling at the moment, at least wait till his is worth something.

On that measurement you'd probably consider trading Tuck and McGuane. No way I'd trade Morton. Thursty and Nahas probably aren't worth anythng now that they are getting dropped(although I think Nahahs still has a future with us, just needs a go).

Dangling Rance is a good idea. Whoever in this thread that said his is still young enough that some club migght believe they can fix him was spot on.
Also Jackson and possibly Edwards.

No other team is going to give a high draft pick for players like Tambling, Jackson, Rance, Thursty, Nahas, etc. We would be lucky to get a second round pick for any of these guys which is not necessarily going to be an upgrade for us.

Given the number of injury issues I don't reckon anyone would give a high pick for Foley (see the Luke Ball situation). We would be lucky to get a late 1st round pick I reckon, which again is not worth it especially if Foley can get fit.

The only players we have that would get high draft picks are Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Jack and Vickory. All of which we drafted with high draft picks and we would be stupid to trade any of them.

evo said:

Agree. Trade high. We have never done that.

CC TIGER said:
Only 4 players I wouldnt put on the table , Cotchin, Deledio, Martin and Reiwoldt

Yep for the right price there wouldn't be too many I wouldn't trade
the key being the right price

hopefully GC don't sign many senior players and have to trade for them

davidrodan said:
Yep for the right price there wouldn't be too many I wouldn't trade
the key being the right price

hopefully GC don't sign many senior players and have to trade for them

We actually might have a few of interest but we'rel ooking at third rounders. Luke might get us a top 20 GC pick seeing they've got lots to splash around. Gold Cost boy and mature body.

Polo looks out of favour - he will be of interest. I can see essendon picking him up as a tagger/inside mid.

Morton, I'd say Dogs, Saints, Blues, Swans would be interested.

Rance probably top of sell lsit if we can get second rounder from Hawks.

And Jordy is better than Hunt so maybe we can get a top 10 pick from GC.

RT. GWS or GC will give us over the odds, say 25, maybe even better. I wouldn't give him away though, yet.

As evo says, trading Tambling now would be selling ridiculously low and that's not a well worn path to success.

OK. The coach says we need some outside running midfielders. Who's available to fit the bill? And who needs to be traded to get them? :-\

Son of Francis said:
OK. The coach says we need some outside running midfielders. Who's available to fit the bill? And who needs to be traded to get them? :-\

Brett Meredith would be high on my list. Very high. Would throw Rance up in a swap.

Tigers of Old said:
Oh the irony. Was kind of hoping Bling would be exactly that. :-\

Oh dear. As an outside running midfielder i think he'd be a round peg in a square a hole.
I still think he's great value to Richmond on the HFF and particularly the HBF.
I don't think he'll be the player we hoped he would be.
I'd be very pleased if he proved me to be a poor judge.

Rance & Tambling, only if Tambling represents something decent, otherwise hold on

I thought I remembered reading somewhere potentially Rance for Vezpremi

Tambling just seems to be going backwards after a decent year last year, has probably been overtaken by other fringe types

Disco08 said:
As evo says, trading Tambling now would be selling ridiculously low and that's not a well worn path to success.

disagree completely. He has the 'potential' aura and occassionally shows he has a hint of class. I strongly believe, and I'd put money on it, we'll get over the odds for him from one of the new clubs for these reasons. 25 or better, I'd jump at it. Could get as low as 17/18.