Which player would you trade | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which player would you trade

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Take out the same names eg Luke Tucky etc. who would you trade?
For me it would be Nahas.
His value would have to be at it's highest point.
He is a player that will have good a few good games and then go missing.
We got him for next to nothing and should be able to get somthing for him in a trade and
he would not be a big loss as he could be covered by other player.
Like i said i like him but we can do better.

Jordan McMahon

I can see the sales pitch now - "McMahon at full back held the Gold Coast's $6m full forward to just two goals"

Tigermad2005 said:
We got him for next to nothing and should be able to get somthing for him in a trade and
i think Blings got value but something tells me the club's got longer term plans for him.

I think I would put Rance up for trade if I had to pick a player. He might be a late second round pick as clubs value talls more.

Thursfield - Excess to our needs but could be useful elsewhere.
Rance - Still young enough that someone might bite.
Tambling - Needs a big 2nd half of the year or he might be better served elsewhere and we get a player we need.

Tigermad2005 said:

tottally agree with you, but you can add Jackson, foley, Moore you need to give away something of value to get something back..
Foley, for dangerfield

jackson plus a pick for bernie vince
moore , just over him, 1 good game every 10 worth trading while his got some value.
they must play hard ball this year and get rid of players that wont take us up the ladder

MB78 said:
I think I would put Rance up for trade if I had to pick a player. He might be a late second round pick as clubs value talls more.

i reckon he's a likely one with WC surely interested...Pick 20-30 would be best you could get Id say

BillyJean17 said:
i reckon he's a likely one with WC surely interested...Pick 20-30 would be best you could get Id say

Yep, well if you can't get a game in the Tiger lineup and are just doing ok in VFL, then you're going to be very lucky to get a pick 20-30 (especially in the next couple of years when that pick is the 1st for many teams). I think the sort of trades we got for Schulz and Raines would be more realistic. I think based on the sort of trade you would get for a Rance, you may as well give him another year and see whether he can improve or not, and if not, delist.

cmontiges said:
i think Blings got value but something tells me the club's got longer term plans for him.

Bling's value has depreciated.

Not sure how you evaluate value, onfield there is zilch, trade value we would lose out.

Jackson
McGuane
Rance
Tambling

Got to give up something to get something. None of these players are the future.

Trade one or two from Moore, McGuane Thursfield
Trade one or two from Polo Bling Nahas Tuck White Morton

they have value and could be offered up

Simmo Cousins McMahon Polak King Thompson Roberts Hislop O'reilly, won't get any offers

Keep newman, Jackson, Foley, Lids, Graeme, Riewoldt Edwards Connors Collins Webberley

Hang onto the youngsters

we can speculate all we like. Dimma & the selcetion commitee will decide and I don't think they factor in the PRE posts ;D

Tigers of Old said:
Who do you see replacing him currently?

That's the thing isn't it, not a lot pushing up at the moment. I just don't rate his future prospects but I think he may have some worth. Ditto Jackson. Astbury is one who could settle into CHB and replace McGuane. Clearner disposal, smarter footy brain. Thursfield, Morton and a few others could be traded too. Who knows. Besides the few keepers we have (Martin, Deledio, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Foley?) everyone else should not be off limits if the right deal comes along.

McGuane is in his first year of a 3-year deal. I don't know why people always say we're going to trade him. He will not be traded.

Rance, Thursfield, Polo, Morton are the ones I'd look at trading.

Mcguane will be there next year, but the others around him will be given the chance to be traded.
I think thursfield will be targeted by St. Kilda,
polo, morton, foley, jackson will give us some bargaining chips when trading starts

zippadeee said:
tottally agree with you, but you can add Jackson, foley, Moore you need to give away something of value to get something back..
Foley, for dangerfield

jackson plus a pick for bernie vince
moore , just over him, 1 good game every 10 worth trading while his got some value.
they must play hard ball this year and get rid of players that wont take us up the ladder

I completely disagree, respectively of course. But Moore is one of our most consistent tall backs and he has really grown as an AFL footballer the last couple of years. Why put some much time into a player to only trade him.

Jackson for mine. Seems others (non Richmond people) rate him highly, perhaps other clubs/recruiters view him in a similar vein?

Doubt it will happen, I think the club value his leadership (both on and off the field)!

That leaves the likes of Polo, Thursfield, Morton and White....not all will go, but I'm pretty sure two from this lot will be moved on.