Where are we on the premiership clock? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where are we on the premiership clock?

The concept of a premiership clock is nonsense.
There are a few teams- us, the Roos and the WEagles who are at least 2 (being incredibly blindly optimistic), probably more, years away from possibly winning.
Every other team would be aiming to win in 2025, or 2026, and history has plenty of examples of teams rising quickly from apparent mediocrity to contention, and falling the other way just as fast.
Sooo, 2am?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Reckon this draft will send us at warp speed to the window in about 4 years

Reactions: 1 users
Realistically (and given we successfully develop the kids) we should see real progress as the mid types from this draft hit 21/22 = 2027/28 and then regular finals performers two years after that as the talls from this draft hit 23/24.

That then has us celebrating multiple premierships thru the 2030s

You know it makes sense

Reactions: 1 user
We'll pick up the guts of our next iteration in the next three national drafts. Say ten players. Let's hope ten above average players. Premiership players.

Six years from now the ten players will be 21-25yo. That's about when we can hope to see it come together.

Along the way we can trade talent in and make players out of offcuts. We can rookie and state league.

And then we have three to maybe seven years to flesh out the starting line up. And get everybody fit. And get a coach.

We talk about clocks because they're less painful to think of than calendars. When you're spoony. And in my case, a geriatric. But we can watch actual youth playing for RFC next year and that is a freedom of its own.

Reactions: 2 users