Where are we on the premiership clock? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where are we on the premiership clock?

With B,B and rioli now gone we are at midnight..which is far better than around ten sides above us who are tivking away about 24 hours behind us but thinking their window is still.open

Time Clock GIF by MOODMAN
For the next 3 years.

no idea about clocks of any sort..
but i did notice that in 2017 Brisbane were wooden spoon, 15th 2018, then made a semi in 2019
we make finals 2026 I'm pretty happy

Reactions: 2 users
At least we will get a chance to rebuild at the next couple of drafts. I honestly think there’s some teams behind us atm who aren’t close to a flag but haven’t got an opportunity to get better in a hurry..

Reactions: 7 users
At least we will get a chance to rebuild at the next couple of drafts. I honestly think there’s some teams behind us atm who aren’t close to a flag but haven’t got an opportunity to get better in a hurry..
Exactly, I'd rather be us than the bummers or a few of the middle rung teams. With the "Devils" coming they will struggle to improve. We have a real opportunity, it's up to us to not *smile* it up.

Reactions: 3 users
no idea about clocks of any sort..
but i did notice that in 2017 Brisbane were wooden spoon, 15th 2018, then made a semi in 2019
we make finals 2026 I'm pretty happy
You left out the previous 7-8 years where Brisbane embarked on a failed rebuild, turned over multiple coaches and languished at the bottom end of the ladder.

good to see we still have a sense of humour :)

I'd say our clock is 1am , so too North & WC

in recognition of the closeness of the competition I'd have the top 8 plus Pies and Freo at 10pm
All those ten sides have many of the pieces to make a serious finals assault
and with an astute trade , a young player having a break out year and/or a better run with injuries any of the top 10 from this year could be in a prelim next year

I'd put Essendon , Saints , GC and Melb in the next group at around 7-8pm , they've had periods during the season where they have looked ok
but are missing multiple pieces to go further , and all possibly lacking the list depth to make an assault on the top 4

I'd have the Crows further back at 4-6pm , they aren't a basket case but are a long way of the top clubs , they'd probably need 6 new faces in their top side , or more , before they could compete for a top 4 spot

and then as the ladder suggests the bottom 3 are a long way off , they probably all need multiple trades , multiple break out players and a way better run with injuries
and most likely more than tweaks to their game plans to move up the ladder

for West Coast Harley Ried could be a galvanising and motivating force that will take many role players along for a ride , will that happen in 2025 , 2026 or 2027 ?

I'm hoping that Gibcus and McAuliffe might provide with excitement along with some of MRJ , Brown , Green , Tresize, Campbell , Lefau ... that will get us pushing up
but until they and the new draftees show something its am for us 😥

Reactions: 1 user
1am.

And that's ok. Can move quickly.

The concept and timing of rebuilds and list demolitions happens a lot faster than it used because of how even things are now.

The cuckoo has just poked his head out once. A few of the cogs were damaged & the main spring needs replacing. This will be addressed in the coming weeks. Then the chain will be pulled to rewind the clock & we'll start our climb back towards midnight & Flag number 14.

Things can change very quickly, at least I hope they do.

The cuckoo has just poked his head out once. A few of the cogs were damaged & the main spring needs replacing. This will be addressed in the coming weeks. Then the chain will be pulled to rewind the clock & we'll start our climb back towards midnight & Flag number 14.

Things can change very quickly, at least I hope they do.

Yes they can change quickly

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1
You left out the previous 7-8 years where Brisbane embarked on a failed rebuild, turned over multiple coaches and languished at the bottom end of the ladder.
well i guess that was a problem for them.... we ain't them, if that's you're getting at ?

1am.

And that's ok. Can move quickly.

The concept and timing of rebuilds and list demolitions happens a lot faster than it used because of how even things are now.
The concept of a premiership clock is nonsense.
There are a few teams- us, the Roos and the WEagles who are at least 2 (being incredibly blindly optimistic), probably more, years away from possibly winning.
Every other team would be aiming to win in 2025, or 2026, and history has plenty of examples of teams rising quickly from apparent mediocrity to contention, and falling the other way just as fast.