Where are we on the premiership clock? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where are we on the premiership clock?

Yet again last weekend we were reminded how much we miss Lynch. He makes us a, what, six goal better outfit? If you base this on the ones he kicks, the ones he creates for others by bringing the ball to ground/creating space for the other forwards, and generally for offering the outlet mark, it really does change the picture remarkably - the ball rebounds less, and thus the back six are put under less pressure.

If you take the weekend's game as an example, yes, Sicily was amazing, but if Lynch was there it's a different proposition. Although have others have pointed out, we're banking on him returning fit (and remaining healthy) in 2024 and beyond.

Still, we're not doing quite as badly as it seems at times. Where are we in regards to contention? I'm not too sure, but I think @123cups post is a great summary.
Yep agree with this assessment. As much as Jack tries, he's just not competitive anymore. Gets outmarked way too easily and no longer reliable in front of goal.

Lynch is our most important player by a fair margin.

Reactions: 1 users
Love your optimism PM.
From memory I think this game is at Marvel Stadium, where we are usually cactus.
Then of course we have the Sainters also at Marvel.
Should win this one regardless of the venue.
When was the last time we won a game by a point? Mini has the moves/strategy (I hope)!

We played some quality footy in the last 6 weeks of 2022.
If we had lynch and 2 of the "5 in 30" performing Hawthorn would be still sniffing our Jocks.
Besides ML, Moore, Day, Worpell, Scilly & Mewcombe the rest are Hot Dogs.
We need to go back to the 2017 version. Gut running, speed and high pressure.
We need a new fitness bloke

Considering our luck with Covid hitting right when we took our second flag by a near record margin, our Premiership clock is probably working in sync with the Doomsday clock qhich is ticking louder than ever right now!

Reckon we are well past 12 o’clock and have been since 2021.

The main reason is the output we are losing from aging stars is not being replaced by new signings or players coming up through our ranks. This trend looks set to continue for at least 2-3 more years before we bottom out.

So, unless we get a serious injection of new talent quickly either via draft, trades or internal development (or ideally a combination of all three), we are staring down the barrel of irrelevancy for years to come.

It’s not all bad news though. It’s clear that offield at least, we have our *smile* together more than most. I think our player development is first rate, hard to think of anyone in recent times that hasn’t got better since coming to our club. We just need to get the talent in the doors and we can be back contending again.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep agree with this assessment. As much as Jack tries, he's just not competitive anymore. Gets outmarked way too easily and no longer reliable in front of goal.

It feels that way, but Jack's also trying to do it all on his own. It would be a different story if he had someone better than Miller to take the heat off him - and some competent umpiring.

Did we have one of these doomsday threads in 2016, with everyone saying we were at 2am on the premiership clock???

A bit of luck with very few injuries to key players will help.
Bolton, Balta and Baker have stepped up and are key players
We have also a number of younger players who have shown something, like Ryan

And we still have 16 premiership players in the top 23 - not including Jack or Trent

Thinking we are OK. Especially if we can nail some trades and draft picks

Reckon we are well past 12 o’clock and have been since 2021.
no. Last year reckon we would have been 50% to beat Melbourne Geelong and Sydney. We were farced out of a chance. That isn’t a clock past midnight. (Melbourne were out of form as otherwise reckon they had our measure.

Maybe I’m overestimating as no Prestia would have maybe dropped those odds. But still shows how close we were.

I wonder if we will be open to a trade for Lynch at the end of the year

You look at the teams in contention Melbourne Collingwood Port would all give their right one for a key forward like him and there would be a decent pick in it

If we are rebuilding a bit next year it might make sense for all of us

Were a bit of a way off atm :( .Guys think our Recruiting has let the side down a bit , with the Obsession of getting half back flankers over the past few years .
When we needed tall forwards and midfilders . It's like they thought Jack , Cotch , Lynch , Prestia and Dusty etc will go on for another 10 years ?
Bradke has potential but its like too litle to late .

The good thing is we have learned how to close out tight games and win. The bad thing is we have struggled against some poor teams. Can we get into the finals? Yes! Can we get past the first week, the jury is out. However in footy, you never know what will happen so have to keep hoping

I honestly think we'll give it a serious crack next season. List is nowhere near as bad as some think. With Jack, Cotch and Taz leaving end of this season I think our list demographic is a lot better balanced and as someone mentioned above, we'll have a small window for the next few years - after that its too hard to say - how do you predict 2 years beyond without those drafts, trade and free agency periods. Lots of water to go under the bridge
If we can somehow recruit/develop 1 ready made KPF & we could be back in the hunt next season imo

With Young coming on and Balta reaching his peak, I’m now moving into the Gibcus as a forward camp.
Yep, it's unfortunate but with a surfeit of tall backs and a shortage of tall forwards Josh draws the short straw.

Was thinking about this.

Balta & Bolton were our two brightest prospects. Both have stalled in their progression & Shai (among others) is leaving..

Our 2021 batch of draft picks still have a lot of uncertainty & we have very few genuinely talented kids on our list..

A new batch of speculative hopefuls about to join us..

Our big guns have all retired..Lynch near the end..

Tasmania to enter the competition in 3 years time..

It's said things can turn around quickly in an even comp but I'm trying to gauge where we are at NOW on the clock?

9am?

0300 n just woke up with seriously grumbling guts n a sprint for the crapper over ruling all other thoughts.

2 minutes to 12, and if we don't win it i 25 sack the coach and burn the place down! ( Ok maybe around 3 o'clock )