What sort of player do we go for at Pick 12 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What sort of player do we go for at Pick 12

bullus_hit said:
I really hope so but Carlton's Menzel trade makes it a near certainty he will end up a Blue.

Bullus i know you love watching the kids and added great insight into last years for me, everyone saying this years is draft is poor, although perhaps drops of at 20-25...

Question then...

Where would a possible project player but with huge upside like a Reece McKenzie go this year?? last year what was it 77?
Where would a Menedue at 32/33 last year go this year??

Of course its all subjective but i do value you opinion knowing you watch a heap of TAC...

Tigertough1974 said:
Bullus i know you love watching the kids and added great insight into last years for me, everyone saying this years is draft is poor, although perhaps drops of at 20-25...

Question then...

Where would a possible project player but with huge upside like a Reece McKenzie go this year?? last year what was it 77?
Where would a Menedue at 32/33 last year go this year??

Of course its all subjective but i do value you opinion knowing you watch a heap of TAC...

Last year's draft was one of the best on memory, it was deeper than usual as typified by McKenzie going late and had plenty of quality talent available in the rookie draft. This year it gets really hard after pick 30, there's a few blue collar guys who might drift out like O'Kearney but when you consider Dean Gore was picked up in the fifties last year, you realise just how shallow this draft is. A guy like Dunkley would have been a third rounder last year, this year he probably goes mid twenties. Menadue would be a top 20 pick this year, the selection of Jed Anderson for pick 15 just highlights the shallowness of this year's crop. My top 3 are Weitering, Schache & Parish, from here there's a significant drop-off, removing the academy guys and we are even starting to get into the realms of speculation. Charlie Curnow could be anything but then again, he could be a flop, some are suggesting he may even go in the top 5. Even a guy like Mathieson could go in the top 10, that's despite a really poor beep test and average sprint results, these types were being picked off in the second and third rounds last year.

From Richmond's perspective I really like Wayne Milera and feel he's a big piece of the puzzle, unfortunately Carlton's stockpiling of picks makes him a pipe dream, particularly now that they have traded their last remaining goal kicker. I'm not as sold on Ah Chee as others although I would much prefer him over Rioli. Assessing the situation now that the draft order is settled, I'd be inclined to pick up Oliver who I think will be available at our selection. He ran a 2.99 sec 20m and finished third in the agility test. He ticks a lot of boxes - goal kicking, overhead marking, tackling and a bit of white line fever which we could do with in September. There's a little bit of speculation given he missed the u/18 carnival but I also think this means he's somewhat undervalued. His form in the last two months of the TAC Cup was brilliant and he was clearly hampered by a lack of preseason at the start of the season.

zippadeee said:
He has been rated as a 35-50 pick. Can't see him going at 12

Do we reckon we will take him if still available at Pick 52? Would he be good value for that Pick?