What sort of player do we go for at Pick 12 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What sort of player do we go for at Pick 12

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
What type of player at this pick

1/ the best mid left in draft

2/ best small forward left

3/ Tall back

4/ ruck

With a few teams having multiple picks in the first round there might be a few surprises this year .
Key position players might make up about 5_6picks before pick 12 .

someone with some attitude. Ben Keays or Rhys Mathieson. or Rioli.

Now we have Yarran I don't think we need an Ah Chee or Rioli type as badly. I'd be going for Oliver if available.

I reckon we really need a tall defender, so hopefully we'll pick Kieran Collins, assuming that Weitering will be gone by pick 12.

Stylo said:
Now we have Yarran I don't think we need an Ah Chee or Rioli type as badly. I'd be going for Oliver if available.

Yarran will be played out of the back line.

Best available.

On reading some of the phantom drafts, Ah Chee will be in the frame at pick 12. This would suit.

we need a goal kicker drumming forward type, if can't get that go for inside mid strong type.

Ghost of 29 said:
Best available.

On reading some of the phantom drafts, Ah Chee will be in the frame at pick 12. This would suit.

This. Always go best available with early picks. Don't be cute. Just get the best.

Ridley said:
This. Always go best available with early picks. Don't be cute. Just get the best.

We will all know in a few days anyway. Communicate our target weeks out from the actual draft.

The best available will do just fine ... just hope it's either a KP backman or inside midfielder ... would love a ruckman, but the youngsters take a while to develop so wouldn't ant to be too speculative with pick #12 ... the recruiters have to get this pick spot on ... it's a teally important selection if the Tigers are to be contenders in 2017-2020

smasha said:

Rioli isn't worth pick 12, if we were that keen we should have kept pick 19 and traded 12.

Nik said:
I reckon we really need a tall defender, so hopefully we'll pick Kieran Collins, assuming that Weitering will be gone by pick 12.

I think Collins will be available, not sure I would pick him though.