What changes would you like to see next season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What changes would you like to see next season?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What changes can be made to make us better?

I would like to see Dusty played predominantly as a forward, in a one on one contest he is rarely beaten and is an extremely hard match up.

I'll probably get howled down for this, but i'd like to see Lids in defence again. He's our best player, and like Luke Hodge at the Hawks he really makes us better playing down there. Dusty and Lennon would cover his loss in the forward line.

I'm Ivan's biggest fan and would want him by my side in the trenches, but i think on certain match ups we should play the Hampson.

It will be interesting to see what changes are made to our positional and game style, as changes are needed for us to continue to improve.

Like to see better player management we have good depth . Let's hope we can win without Lids . I also hope we get off to a better start and win 8 out of the first 10 games . Eat rm Alive !

What I would like to see is a Milne type up in the forward line, which we have not had apart from King. No idea who that could be. Maybe Rioli if ready for the rigours of AFL. More run and accurate disposal from the back line.

Them's my thoughts for the day. Merry Christmas to you all btw.

I would like Corey Ellis, Conca, McBean, Menedue, Roili, Yarran all to have a great pre seasons and demand a place for round 1..

Its going to be interesting as looking at Dimma thread many have top 4 ambitions or he faces the axe.. Would have tp be incredibly bold to play so many under 5 game players in one team, especially after our horrible starts last 2 years!!

Im expecting to start with similiar lineup to last year but these guys above and perhaps a drummond or even Mckenzie, goerge or Shorty (if these two are upgraded) get a chance as soldiers go down during the course of the year..

Im guessing LTRTR can provide stats on finals or top 4 ambitions based on games played, so given the expectations Dimma is in a rock and a hard place to play so many young guns!

Tigermad2005 said:
Wine in the last week of September

I'll drink to that. Far better than the usual whine in the last week of September.

I'd like some kids to prove they're up to the elite level and keep our better players honest.

rosy23 said:
I'd like some kids to prove their up to the elite level and keep our better players honest.

This. If we have 4-5 blokes burning at VFL levels we won't be able to carry blokes. And it's up to the kids to force their way in. Make the form demand it.

If it happening, it's a sign of cultural change and a legit challenge for spots. Besides McBean, no one has done that at VFL level. And next year will see Daniel Butler & Corey Ellis injury free. These two were basically part timers in 2015. In essence it's like drafting two extra players this year.

would love to see a defender stake thier claim to be the heir apparent to Chaplin's spot in the 1sts, one of McKenzie/McBean to be forcing thier way into the 1sts as well.

I consider our midfield to be our greatest weakness last season. We were smashed in a number of games including the EF. I would like to see more depth through the middle with guys like CEllis, Townsend and A Moore step up to take the heat off Lids and Cotch when they are sat on. And most of all I want to see us SMASH North.

I actually don't agree with any of the 3 things Tigerman stated

Martin is coming into his prime as a mid, 21 votes in the Brownlow last year and ready for another step. Mid with stints resting forward
Lids in the forward line for me with stints on the ball. Yarran recruited for the sweeper off halfback role
Ivan needs help no doubt, just don't see it coming from Hampson

I want to see more dare in the gameplan and consequently see us averaging 12-15 points more a game. If we do that we are top 4 imo.

Sintiger said:

Martin is coming into his prime as a mid, 21 votes in the Brownlow last year and ready for another step. Mid with stints resting forward
Lids in the forward line for me with stints on the ball. Yarran recruited for the sweeper off halfback role

I want to see more dare in the gameplan and consequently see us averaging 12-15 points more a game. If we do that we are top 4 imo.

And defend as well as we did last year

I expect that Yarran will provide us with a bit more flexibility with our utilities. If Houli is being shutdown down back, he can be moved forward. If Lids is being held down up forward, he can move back. Likewise for Brandon Ellis he could be moved forward.

I would like to see Yarran played more forward of centre than back, but realise he will be required down back at times.

As someone mentioned I would like Hampson to be used more often when playing the more agile, giant rucks. Eg. North Melbourne.

And I would love to see an injury free Cory Ellis get an extended run in the seniors (although competition for spots will be hot)

Sintiger said:

All valid points Sintiger. My wanting Dusty to play forward is all about match ups, as a forward he is a very hard match up. The more match ups we can get to our advantage the better we will be.
He is a great midfielder, but I think played up front he would be our 2nd best forward behind Jack.

A few quick thoughts..

Clearly we need some players who've now been on the list a few seasons to take the next step in their development.

A genuine backup option if (heaven forbid) an injury happened to Rance. Elton & Astbury must stake their claims.
As it stands both would struggle and Chaplin would have to play that role. I dread the thought. What is the plan B?

See McIntosh spend more time in the middle and get his contested numbers up. Has the tank to play on ball and can win his own footy. He's potentially our Bont with a little less class.
More mobile forward line. We have some excellent lead up forwards in Lennon, Deledio, McBean, Lloyd & Riewoldt. These guys know where the goals are and are smart enough to stay out of each others way. Lets use their natural attacking instincts.

Edwards too now needs to spend as much time in the middle as possible.

Really wan't to see McBean given an extended period in the seniors if he continues to kick goials in the VFL. He can't improve if he's not given exposure at the highest level and he has served his apprenticeship.

Pray that Hampson can miraculously blossom into a serviceable ruckman.