WEST COAST = EASY CASH | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEST COAST = EASY CASH

Col.W.Kurtz said:
The other awesome possibility is that Woosha is just a rubbish coach and they've been trying all along... surely not?

Could be a possibility.

Anyone with Kerr, Judd and Cousins could coach a team to the Grand Final.

achillesjones said:
I don't understand. ??? Essendon must have been so awful.

Essendon are awful, they've played above themselves for 14 weeks and have finally succumbed to the dangers of playing a fast paced, use the centre corridor brand of footy with no alternate plan. Block the corridor and make them use the wings will beat them as was seen last and this week. Hope they enjoy our 9th spot, we've kept it warm for them for a few years.

willo said:
Reckon they got a phone call from afl hq. ;D
I was thinking the same thing
Possibly threats of losing picks if they were seen making negative changes, such as the audio telling players to get out of the Forward 50, etc

Tiger_4_Life said:
Essendon are awful, they've played above themselves for 14 weeks and have finally succumbed to the dangers of playing a fast paced, use the centre corridor brand of footy with no alternate plan. Block the corridor and make them use the wings will beat them as was seen last and this week. Hope they enjoy our 9th spot, we've kept it warm for them for a few years.

Have consistently tipped against them and get reminders at work every time they win. The one bit I did get right was forecasting that they'd tire in the run home...really looked as though they hit the wall today.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I'm done speculating on how hard certain clubs are trying. Blind Freddie can see the PP situation is harmful to the game.
1. KILL the priority pick
2. reverse the draft order - give the premiers first pick, runner up 2nd, wooden sponer 16th etc...

we'll soon see the fight come back into AFL games

thejinx said:
Could be a possibility.

Anyone with Kerr, Judd and Cousins could coach a team to the Grand Final.

As Jeans once said, you only find out if you are a good coach when you have a poor team to work with.

TOT70 said:
Actually, I thought that during the week too.

Sometimes I get this strangest feeling that the whole thing is rigged. That Andrew Demetriou is just a public screen for a much bigger Mr Big, who pulls all the strings.

No-one could pull off such a scam, of course, except that they already have already been caught out in well-documented scams in Italian Soccer and Sub-continental Cricket.

It actually makes sense that Demetriou would warn the Eagles on the quiet because he doesn't want anything public.

re the thread I almost opened a luxbet account and put a fair bit on Essendon, luckily I held off. :hihi

ZeroGame said:
I was thinking the same thing
Possibly threats of losing picks if they were seen making negative changes, such as the audio telling players to get out of the Forward 50, etc

I think they heard that Dean Wormer had them on "Double Secret Probation" was putting Neidermeyer on the job of stopping the tank.

Once again, this would have brought in the big bucks on the weekend. How much did you bet this time?
I did hear that someone bet $200,000 on the Bulldogs to win at $1.04 (to win $8,000). Unlucky.

craig said:
There aint no way the Coasters are gonna give up the chance of getting picks 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 .......... just no way known.

I aint even a punter but i reckon this is as good as any way of getting 10 - 20 % on your dollar.
Pearler. Could've fooled me

Interesting Thread. ;D

Amazed at the lack of media attention on West Coast & Worsfold.

They have been deplorable again this season. Their recruiting which has targetted slow midfielders with questionable disposal in Masten, Ebert, Priddis & McGinnity is being shown up.

Combine that with a coach that is possibly the worst tactition in the league who also structures his team up terribly & your in for a very poor year.

Again.

I'm sure you'll find the Perth media would be all over them, just as the Adelaide media would be all over the Crows.

Leysy Days said:
Combine that with a coach that is possibly the worst tactition in the league who also structures his team up terribly & your in for a very poor year.

Can't recall if I have posted this before, but at least one VFL legend who went and joined the Eagles when they entered the league would agree wholeheartedly with you. I will not mention any names, but this guy was a gun player. Meet him a couple of years ago through a business friend of mine over dinner and drinks. A few beers may have loosened his lips, but I got the impression that his scathing assessment of Worsfold as a coach was available to anyone who wanted to hear it.

To paraphrase......Very very critical of Woosha. Reckons he has no coaching ability beyond determining his team sturcture before a match and often doesn't get that right. Claimed that under match conditions, Worsfold has no idea how to coach when the opposition get on top. Lacks imagination and the guts to give things a go.

Personally I thought it was a fair slice of sour grapes, although I have heard other WA footy identities question his coaching.

Which makes me chuckle when I remember the Eagles making Walls eat humble pie after he criticised Woosha when the Eagles had all their off feild troubles. Walls came out of that singing Woosha's praises, like the sicophant he is.