Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Yeah so um why wasn't he playing earlier again? Probably needed to up his headless chook kicks and futile running waving arms.

Well done Tyler, keep building and make the coaches look even sillier.

Reactions: 4 users
For anyone who had seen him at vfl level - was never really in doubt as he always Looked a class above with his decision making and skills. Steal
I watched some of his earlier games and he looked to know how to get to the right spots, could get the ball but his disposal was not as neat as tonight.

However that may have been a fitness issue.

I’m wrapt with what we saw today; the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah so um why wasn't he playing earlier again? Probably needed to up his headless chook kicks and futile running waving arms.

It's bloody ridiculous. Next weeks brave selections will be...

Out: Sonsie, Cumberland
In: Castagna, Aarts

Nothing would surprise me. We seem to hate young talented footballers that would have played most of the season at any other club.

Reactions: 2 users
Good with the ball but *smile* me, am I the only one that noticed his lack of intent to run the other way when the oppo had the ball?

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone who had seen him at vfl level - was never really in doubt as he always Looked a class above with his decision making and skills. Steal
Yep absolutely. I sort of understand the hesitancy to bring him in early as he was very up and down in the VFL but you could clearly see the skill a notch up on the others. The 31 disposals in his last game sealed the deal. Some players just transition into AFL seamlessly and that's also a sign of class. He does appear to play more outside mid than inside but with his skill why wouldn't you have him skirt the packs and give it to him at every opportunity? He'll surely be given more attention in the future and that will be his next challenge. Has to play the rest of the year.

Played really well. A bit weak defensively and tackling but that will come.

Agree, really good by foot but there were a few tackles where he looked like a bit of a kid and they broke through them but that will come with time.

Good debut and should keep his place. I'm hoping I was right, posted before the game that he just seemed like that type that gets in and is hard to remove.

Should've been getting a game on what he can do, rather than not getting one for what he supposedly can't do.

Reactions: 3 users
Nearly copped a free against when he walked up to Nank just when the ball was about to be bounced. Nank pushed him away quickly. Inexperience.

A pretty good case could be made timing was just right after some key development in vfl , was ready to go. I watched him several weeks ago and left that game thinking Clarke was closest to afl football

Good with the ball but *smile* me, am I the only one that noticed his lack of intent to run the other way when the oppo had the ball?

Give him time, not only does he need to learn this he also needs AFL level fitness to pull it off. That takes time and coaching. It wouldn't surprise me if he was told not to do too much 2 way running as his fitness levels would not be up to that task yet given he was only drafted this year.

DS

Just watched again, might get a rising star first up.

You can’t teach what he has.

Reactions: 1 users