Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Looked in need of the run yesterday imo. Tempo adjustment not quite there and underdone physically. But he was busy and knows where to run. Decision making ball-in-hand off.

He gets a better opportunity next week and if he can use I think he’s gotta be close to selection.

Reactions: 1 users
Looked in need of the run yesterday imo. Tempo adjustment not quite there and underdone physically. But he was busy and knows where to run. Decision making ball-in-hand off.

He gets a better opportunity next week and if he can use I think he’s gotta be close to selection.
Don't think we will see Sonsie anywhere else but the VFL for a while Jack. Let him find his feet and get some fitness.

We will see plenty of him in the future however, from what I have seen he is a beautifully balanced footballer

Reactions: 3 users
I’m stunned at what he’s doing after basically no pre season. If he starts to dominate at VFL level it won’t be long until he’s in the snrs. Can see the talent already.
Ross, RCD, Dow & Martyn have got to get a wriggle on..

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Don't think we will see Sonsie anywhere else but the VFL for a while Jack. Let him find his feet and get some fitness.

We will see plenty of him in the future however, from what I have seen he is a beautifully balanced footballer

I'm of the Oldster's view, Sin. Once he can run out a role, provided he can use, he's an improvement on the more established youth. But maybe he's further off than I think. I might be too optimistic. More evidence to come next week.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m stunned at what he’s doing after basically no pre season. If he starts to dominate at VFL level it won’t be long until he’s in the snrs. Can see the talent wary.
Ross, RCD, Dow & Martyn have got to get a wriggle on..

On talent he’s ahead of all those names.

Reactions: 4 users
Most talented pure mid we’ve drafted since Dusty

• Wow
It’s just nice to have a promising small mid. Still want another 5 mids in the door pronto.

Sonsie has to play round one,

Well he has to play ahead of RCD Ross and Dow, he is just a better all round footballer, a natural

• Love
Sonsie has to play round one,

Well he has to play ahead of RCD Ross and Dow, he is just a better all round footballer, a natural
Ross has never been the same since the injury, I've really seen nothing to put him into contention for the first 23 even with injury clouds over Lambo and Fridge.

Sonz has it about him he's already shown "IT". Ross showed plenty in 2019 but has regressed or stagnated since.

Got some concerns with Dow, Stacky has reportedly trained well but has been off form in games so far and Martyn is already in a delist seat at this stage.

Riley really really needs to step up, along with Stackie we cant afford to have 3 or 4 busts from this cohort of 6.

I say Riley and Sydney as they have both shown they have the capability at the level especially Syd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The kid can play make no mistake about it. But he ain’t in our best 22 right now.

Reactions: 3 users
The kid can play make no mistake about it. But he ain’t in our best 22 right now.
Yeah I’ve been driving the bus from before the draft but he isn‘t there yet. If he burns the next few weeks, different story. But big ”if”.

Gotta find targets. We don't get the running numbers but if he can't use he won't play. I think he might find them next week. Then it gets interesting.

Yeah I’ve been driving the bus from before the draft but he isn‘t there yet. If he burns the next few weeks, different story. But big ”if”.
We also aren’t a club anymore that has the need to showcase our draftees especially if they are not ready. Our mantra is develop, learn the game plan and then play seniors.

Reactions: 5 users
Gotta find targets. We don't get the running numbers but if he can't use he won't play. I think he might find them next week. Then it gets interesting.
Jack I don’t think he has an issue with finding targets. He was finding them at will last week during the intra club. His issue right now is consistency & fatigue. The kid didn’t start a proper preseason until mid January.

Reactions: 1 user