Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

He’s such a frustrating mix of sublime skills and brain snaps. It’s not as though there’s anyone else to replace him with though. We just lost another 3.

Reactions: 1 user
No doubt MP is a popular well respected player with the lads , other then playing a role as a tagger I see no point in playing him , if we are going to drop KMac why not drop MP , very similar roles is where they play their best footy , however it’s time to give a “ fit player” the opportunity to make a wing their own . Hugo is a great example, many had a line through him , me included, however he’s doing ok given the opportunity, in fact he’s adding more then both MP and KMac have this year and agin after a year of carrying MP as a woeful forward , we’ve put him their again and agin with zero impact . Injuries will save him for now , however if Oooze continues to play him he’ll get his first questions asked about his coaching future .

Doesn't matter how bad he's playing.Need to get him too 100.
Imagine the uproar if his kids turnout all right but playing in oppo colors.
The season is shot anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
What about the kids on our list now , not getting an opportunity both in the team or on a wing because we need to get Marlion to 100 games because he has children who may or may not play football , let alone be good enough or want to play AFL . Sorry DD but I disagree with the get him to 100 games argument, the Richmond football club has done more for MP then he could never do for them , we owe him nothing but thanks for taking the opportunity we gave you to become a dual premiership player.

Reactions: 1 users
He’s such a frustrating mix of sublime skills and brain snaps. It’s not as though there’s anyone else to replace him with though. We just lost another 3.
Always has been imho fb , he is as good as any in so many facets of the game , however can be as poor as any in others , the only thing his consistent in is been inconsistent

No point. The season is a wash out.
Why play him this close to 100, then drop him? Might as well tank for the better pick.
Yep, so many looking for the instant sugar hit.

And they'll be the same ones complaining if his kids aren't eligible for FS.

Reactions: 2 users
What about the kids on our list now , not getting an opportunity both in the team or on a wing because we need to get Marlion to 100 games because he has children who may or may not play football , let alone be good enough or want to play AFL . Sorry DD but I disagree with the get him to 100 games argument, the Richmond football club has done more for MP then he could never do for them , we owe him nothing but thanks for taking the opportunity we gave you to become a dual premiership player.
Its the perfect storm at the moment.Kids are getting a go due to injury.As for the wing.He's more of a spare parts man.Put him anywhere.In fact he's the perfect Sub.
13 games in a season thats going down the gurgler isn't too much in the bigger scheme of things down the track on what could be a massive win for the club.

Its the perfect storm at the moment.Kids are getting a go due to injury.As for the wing.He's more of a spare parts man.Put him anywhere.In fact he's the perfect Sub.
13 games in a season thats going down the gurgler isn't too much in the bigger scheme of things down the track on what could be a massive win for the club.
His kids haven’t been in the bests in about 40 games from all accounts. It stinks 😷 f desperation and most supporters are not happy with Marlion getting a game

You just know we will be shafted by father/son rules anyways

13 to go? Well ok but at least a bunch should be as sub.
Was unlucky with that goal review.

I think it's the silliest reason ever to get someone to 100 games.

I think it's worth the punt to get him to 100 games. Nearly half our side has played less than 50 games. Moju, Sonz, Miller, Hugo, Seth, Mansell, Cumbo, Young, Lefau, Brown, Dow, Banks. The kids are getting games.

He’s getting selected every week because he’s in the best 22, it has nothing to do with his kids. In terms of effort he’s probably in the best ten. This is the 2024 team, not the 2018 juggernaut.

Reactions: 5 users