Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

None of which justify breaking a contract & have any merit, particularly his partner “for the time being”, nor have a smidgen of loyalty or a willingness to help the club rebuild.
Contracts have a new meaning after free agency. Clubs are using long contracts simply to ensure they get a free market return if the player wants to leave for any reason. It is a response to the secret herbs and spices formula.
Eg. Balta may or may not see out his contract with us, but we will be in the driver's seat.

Reactions: 8 users
Love Daniel but the reasons behind Daniel leaving are really shallow. Not that it's the club's fault for not providing something more meaningful. Talking more about Daniel himself. "Looking for a change." Is that it ? Really ?

Just seems like he's quitting to me. At least the others have some form of foundation for wanting out. I'm yet to hear anything of any substance with Daniel.

Incredibly disappointing decision by Daniel. The one that hurts the most, by far.
Indeed, so this. Chased the dollar. Cut and ran at the first opportunity, while in contract. Lacking of character.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
even more off-topic, sorry Prince.... but Damn... as I recall there were two actors who played Pigsy across the series. Of course, Tripitaka was played by a female model/actress who died very young - the BBC production dubbing has a lot of fun over the gender ambiguity using a female voice actress and some comments by the other characters about his/her attractiveness. The actor who played Monkey went on to have a successful cooking show on Japanese TV, and also played Colombo in the Japanese version of, well Colombo.

When you travel through Asia nearly everyone knows the story of Monkey (inspired by the Hindu Monkey God Hanuman) and Tripitaka, based on myth/legend and a famous 16th century book by a Chinese author, Journey to the West, surprisingly the series is pretty accurate to the chapters/episodes in the book.

Do I know way too much about Monkey? Yes, I do.

Here's the cast with recent photos - left to right Tripitaka (RIP), Monkey, Pigsy 1 (RIP), Sandy, Pigsy 2, Horse/Dragon.

View attachment 24710
W
Toshiyuki Nishida was the one who passed. Piggy’s number 1. Enjoyed watching Monkey as a kid.

Reactions: 1 user
None of which justify breaking a contract & have any merit, particularly his partner “for the time being”, nor have a smidgen of loyalty or a willingness to help the club rebuild.

He's helping us rebuild in the best way possible and that's by providing value to our next finals push.

We're several years away from beginning our next push to the summit, and Dan is 28 next year.