Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

jb03 said:
Better be careful, might be the one to make way for Cotch

You think so? Starred in the first half last week before getting a corky. Probably shouldn’t have played this week.

WesternTiger said:
You think so? Starred in the first half last week before getting a corky. Probably shouldn’t have played this week.

Big fan but slightly down on his best. Someone has to make way for Cotch.

You are probably right, could have been rested tonight on the back of that corky but now gets 9 days.

A bit down on form , at his best our best small forward , not seeing that atm,

Probably needs to be a little careful with our depth

No.17 epitomises everything that makes our forward pressure the best in the league.
His game is never to be judged on kicks or goals.
The forward pressure, harassing and closing of space he provides the team is precisely why he is in the team.
I’d love to know the number of Dan’s repetitive sprints he does exclusively in the forward line, especially from a defensive angle.
This is why he is a non negotiable selection in the team.

There's an old cinematography trick used in horror movies where you run the footage of the demon/werewolf etc at 1.5 X speed to make them seem unnaturally quick. Creates a sense of discomfort and panic in the viewer.

I'd imagine a number of opposition players know the feeling intimately when they see Dan coming.

Coburgtiger said:
There's an old cinematography trick used in horror movies where you run the footage of the demon/werewolf etc at 1.5 X speed to make them seem unnaturally quick. Creates a sense of discomfort and panic in the viewer.

I'd imagine a number of opposition players know the feeling intimately when they see Dan coming.

Our Clash guernsey has that sort of effect I reckon.

The bold yellow stands out so much in the vision of opposition players that when pressured they panic as all they can see standing out boldly is the yellow.

I'd say Dan is a Demon as he is not that hirsute. Maybe Cotchin can be the Werewolf. Meanwhile Stacky gets them in stealth mode ala Michael Holding - whispering death!

Pappy said:
No.17 epitomises everything that makes our forward pressure the best in the league.
His game is never to be judged on kicks or goals.
The forward pressure, harassing and closing of space he provides the team is precisely why he is in the team.
I’d love to know the number of Dan’s repetitive sprints he does exclusively in the forward line, especially from a defensive angle.
This is why he is a non negotiable selection in the team.

Totally agree, spot on...he is a superstar, can have the ball on a string, can handle it off the ground like it's a basketball, and as you said frightening pressure...automatic selection every week