Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Baker needs to tell Yze if he is going or staying now. If he is staying then play him at the weekend. If not then give his spot to someone who will be here next season and tell him he has already played his last game for us. Forget sentiment, put the players who want to play for us first

Reactions: 6 users
When Bevo was asked if smith was leaving he basically said it wasn’t looking good for the club and his thoughts were that if a player hasn’t sign a contract by this time of the season he is leaving. I think that is a logical assessment. Baker in the same boat so most likely leaving.

Reactions: 5 users
When Bevo was asked if smith was leaving he basically said it wasn’t looking good for the club and his thoughts were that if a player hasn’t sign a contract by this time of the season he is leaving. I think that is a logical assessment. Baker in the same boat so most likely leaving.
Don't think Sniff's even been around the club in recent months to do his recovery n conditioning work from the reco. Been up at the Gold Coast soaking up the sun n surf.

The less coaches know about player movement the less likely it is that they *smile* that up. Bevo. Yze. Whoever.

Baker could easily have signed a deal that took him through to free agency last contract. He didn't. He chose to end his contract while he was still tied to the RFC. Thus delivering total power to RFC in negotiations. At the time not he, you or I could have imagined the money he might be offered this year. Otherwise he might have stayed until free agency.

Yze doesn't know if Baker is staying? No deal has been done. Nobody knows.

Some may have forgotten that Baker is a dual premiership player. But he hasn't. He's been loyal. If he leaves he advantages the club.

The narrative that players are deserting RFC is as informed as the whole inflatable hadron collider blame game.

Tasmania is coming. You think this is a compromised draft? (*smile* yeah.) Things will get worse. What we are doing is strategic. Thank you, Mr Baker, if you can help us with that.

Reactions: 9 users
The go home factor is real. Dirty little secret, Baker is really good B grader.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t think it is a coincidence that as the year went on his form dipped. I’m not talking about commitment, Bakes is always 100% committed on the field, I am talking about the looming decision.
I reckon he was genuinely torn.
Personally if Rioli and Bolton both go I would prefer Bakes to stay.

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t think it is a coincidence that as the year went on his form dipped. I’m not talking about commitment, Bakes is always 100% committed on the field, I am talking about the looming decision.
I reckon he was genuinely torn.
Personally if Rioli and Bolton both go I would prefer Bakes to stay.
I think Baker really wont make much difference to our results if he stayed

Time to cut the cord and let him go with the others and start the new Era with the kids we will draft

Just hope he selects fremantle to max the picks we get in return

Reactions: 3 users
I think Baker really wont make much difference to our results if he stayed

Time to cut the cord and let him go with the others and start the new Era with the kids we will draft

Just hope he selects fremantle to max the picks we get in return
I get that but we need some experience around, some players to drive training habits and to lead on the field and Bakes is a whole hearted footballer.
If reports are right and we get a mid teens type pick and we also lose Rioli and Bolton I would prefer he stayed.
But it doesn’t matter what I prefer he is the one of the three who actually can make his own decision.

Reactions: 2 users
The go home factor is real. Dirty little secret, Baker is really good B grader.
Yes I think Baker's value has dropped this year. Didn't have a great season, particularly after round 13. Some talking about West Coast's pick 3. I think very wishful thinking. If we can get a first rounder it will be a good result.

Reactions: 1 users
This bloke is a leader and potential captaincy material.

Hopefully WC realise that and.pay up accordingly.

The best thing for us would be if WC and Freo are offering similar contracts, so Baker says i want to go home, either club is fine. Then we have a bidding war.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone explain to me about Baker’s trade situation. He’s out of contract so I thought he could go where he wants and the afl decides on a compensation pick for us but then I read he isn’t actually a free agent. I’ve obviously not been paying attention. Can someone clarify this for me please?

Can someone explain to me about Baker’s trade situation. He’s out of contract so I thought he could go where he wants and the afl decides on a compensation pick for us but then I read he isn’t actually a free agent. I’ve obviously not been paying attention. Can someone clarify this for me please?
He's not a free agent, no. He's simply out of contract, so in theory he could go to the PSD and we get nothing for him.

Reactions: 1 user