WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

Should be eight up but five goals is a good break. Agree with post above that port and Melbourne the clear standouts. Both like us at our best intercepting at half back (alir/lever/vlaustin) and shutting down monsters (grimes/may)

Ben brown so slow in decision making though.

Call me a grumpy old man. But that last shot for goal from Charlie Cameron in that quarter should have been a regulation drop punt. No reason to *smile* about reinventing the wheel with the snap (or ‘check side’) set shot from there. I get that the snap shot is more appropriate from acute angles. But I feel it’s way overdone. And is used in a lot of instances where it seems to be a lower percentage option. If people can’t kick accurate drop punts from there as full time, professional football players, there is something wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
Luke jackson is a star.

Oliver better than bont, but not as good as dusty.

petracca having a ripper, although should kick the goals.

langton runs his wing so well. Defends and attacks, all in one play.

Reactions: 2 users
Brisbane won't be as bad in the second half as they were in the first half.

As much as I want him to get off.... I have to disagree. ... had plenty of room to step out of the way. Gonski and I reckon he knew it in the last imo.
But if you look closely you also see his team-mate move in towards the ump as he is about to walk past, cramping the space for TB to walk by. I think he partly meant it but it was hardly violent. Looked more dumb, clumsy. IMO depends a lot on the tone of the words exchanged; was there aggression in them or was it more of an acceptable exchange of opinions.

Fine him $5k. That will really hurt, but rubbing him out for some out-dated notion of umpires being untouchable even in a non-threatening manner is just silly. Guys often say or do dumb things without being malicious. does it deserve missing a final over? Giving Geesook a 3 goal advantage? That's why he will probably get weeks.

Hands up anyone who PRE who has never done the above highlighted?

See. Cannot see a single hand.

Reactions: 1 user
Lions looking like the frauds they are.

Melbourne look very good, very well balanced. The best team we've seen this weekend.

Reactions: 3 users
Dees looking very good. Should be at least 8 goals up. Petracca butchered it that quarter.

They’re level above Brisbane.

Any good movies on? Might go to the golf on Kayo.

Game over. Brisbland about to collapse into a complete rabble IMO. Q1 was just a comedy with the errors. Both sides pretty ordinary.

Oliver is the true successor to Dusty. Still bitter over how we identified him and started his career only for Dees to grab him from under our noses.

Dees by far the best team this year, it’s their flag....but geez what a sh!t year to break the drought. I think back to 2017, what a ride that was, particularly GF week. It’s a shame.

Reactions: 1 users
Dees are in for a successful period over next 5 years. A and B Graders everywhere on the field.
Petracca Oliver Gawn Jackson May Lever then you have at least Bs with Fritsch Salem Mc Donald Brown Langdon Brayshaw Kosi Rivers etc etc

Reactions: 1 user