Victorian Election 2010 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Victorian Election 2010

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Who will be the Government after next Saturday evening?

Will Labor hold onto power?

Will the Coalition win a net gain of 13 seats to grab power?

Will the Greens get a toe hold in the Lower house?

What do you think?

My tips:
Labor to win narrowly thanks to (1) the Libs preferencing the Greens last and (2) drawing number 1 on the ballot paper in key inner city electorates.
Greens will then fail to win a Lower House seat and will complain bitterly about the Libs dirty tactics, whilst being hypocritically unaware they too preference the Libs last.
They will however win balance of power in the Upper House.

2c.

RemoteTiger said:
Who will be the Government after next Saturday evening?

Will Labor hold onto power?

Will the Coalition win a net gain of 13 seats to grab power?

Will the Greens get a toe hold in the Lower house?

What do you think?
l'm hoping Brumby gets back in simply because Bailleu is a dud & would ruin the state.Not that l'm overly impressed with Brumby,in my mind he's the better option.Hopefully the Greens get minimal votes.

If Baillieu loses this one the Libs may as well close up shop in Victoria.

Did anyone else see that pathetic efrfort and underscore of incompetence from Lenders the other day ........ and hes the treasurer.

Bailleu the invisible man and his unknowns and unheards, Brumby he who wasnt elected and the mighty ministry of cretins ...... Maybe my best option is to move interstate.

My uneducated guesses/predictions-

Not sure if it's just cos we're in a safe seat but you'd harly know an election was looming here.  The waters are getting muddied with Baillieu sueing Labor and the Greens ruffling feathers with their ad stereotyping rural people.

I reckon Labor will win by default rather than cos people are happy with their efforts.  If the Libs had anyone half decent up front they'd win in a canter.

Libs will lose due to their uninspiring leader. Baillieu would have to be one of the most boring, negative pollies ever to lead a party.  Only ever pipes up if he has some bagging to do.  Should be moved on if they don't win.

Our seat of Benalla is as safe as houses.  Sykes will get back in for the Nationals.  Those contesting are wasting their money.

Greens swing in the Fed election won't follow through in Vic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jan Beer took Labor from them in Seymour.  She's been very in your face and not afraid of needing to know the facts to be shouting from her high horse.  Will get heaps of votes from anti-pipeliners but possibly not too many from elsewhere.

I don't think I'll bother voting.

craig said:
Did anyone else see that pathetic efrfort and underscore of incompetence from Lenders the other day ........ and hes the treasurer.

Bailleu the invisible man and his unknowns and unheards, Brumby he who wasnt elected and the mighty ministry of cretins ...... Maybe my best option is to move interstate.
Don't go North Craig because they're hopeless up there.

yep, NSW is stuffed, both the ALP and the Libs up there are useless

reckon North Korea is better managed

The politicians in all the eastern seaboard of Australia State Parliaments are oxygen thieves.

It is said we get the leaders we deserve - do we really deserve these politicians?

RemoteTiger said:
The politicians in all the eastern seaboard of Australia State Parliaments are oxygen thieves.

It is said we get the leaders we deserve - do we really deserve these politicians?
No

Baillieu may seem like a dud in opposition, most opposition leaders do. Howard seemed like a dud for a decade or so beore winning an election and turned out okay (even if you didn't like him, you can't argue with his success). If you aren't happy with the government, vote against it, if you aren't happy with what replaces it, vote against it in turn.

If you aren't happy with the current government, well, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results.

Lots of ifs there mld. They raise a few if nots in my mind. Sounds like a paid political ad for the Libs desperately hoping to pick up a few crumbs. :hihi

mld said:
Baillieu may seem like a dud in opposition, most opposition leaders do. Howard seemed like a dud for a decade or so beore winning an election and turned out okay (even if you didn't like him, you can't argue with his success). If you aren't happy with the government, vote against it, if you aren't happy with what replaces it, vote against it in turn.

If you aren't happy with the current government, well, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results.
Fair point but l don't believe Baillieu would be anywhere near as good as Howard.Brumby has been okay & l think he's a better option despite a less than impressive performance.John Howard also had good people around him which helped but l take your point.l just don't trust Baillieu at all & would never take a risk with him.

rosy23 said:
I reckon Labor will win by default rather than cos people are happy with their efforts. If the Libs had anyone half decent up front they'd win in a canter.

Sums it up in two sentences.

B1