Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Isn’t ducking deemed prior opportunity? So if that’s the case how can you duck into a tackle and then just sit there holding the ball for a second, then be tackled again and it not be holding the ball? The only explanation is that the ump decided not to pay a blatant free kick.

Reactions: 12 users
We have Nick Foot, Andrew Stephens and Nathan Williamson umpiring us tonight.

We cop a beating from every umpire, but I have Nathan Williamson in my top 3 of anti Richmond biased umpires. He absolutely smashes us.

Home crowd. Williamson. Be prepared.

View attachment 19803
*smile* me that numbdr 35 just hates us...the was watching jack being held.
..and nothing

Reactions: 1 user
Isn’t ducking deemed prior opportunity? So if that’s the case how can you duck into a tackle and then just sit there holding the ball for a second, then be tackled again and it not be holding the ball? The only explanation is that the ump decided not to pay a blatant free kick.
He's a replica of crumples is Goulden. He's a weak *smile*. How that was not a free against him is a joke.

The free against Pickett in the first was nothing other than racism. Less a free than the Goulden decision. Weak feeble little pricks they are.

The 2 lack of intent frees were a joke. And then buddy does the same and nothing. Pathetic.

• Angry
Watched the game with my brother from interstate. He's a hawks supporter. Hates the tigers. Loves watching us lose. Told him before the game that we get regularly reamed by the umps. He called *smile*. Watched the game. He was surprised at the bias. I said if you watch every tigers game you'll see the same thing. Head scratchers and consistent inconsistency.

I swear Jack must have slept with someone's wife from the umpiring department. Blocked, scraged, held, shirt coming off his back and he gets nothing. Zilch, nada. Same old *smile* for him every week.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Disgraceful again.
Pickett gets pinged after taking hold of the ball, but the swans ducks and is called for ducking, but the *smile* then calls for a ball up.
The deliberate Out of bounds, fken joke.
Rowbottom allowed 3 weeks to get rid of it, dusty grabs the ball looks up is tackled, holding the ball.
They are soo bent so its fked.

Reactions: 2 users
The one that drives me insane is how Dusty gets pinged every time the ball spills out when he has either clearly had no prior, and taken possession for a millisecond, or hasn't even taken possession of the ball. NO-ONE else in the league gets called for this, otherwise there would probably be an extra 20 free kicks per side every game.

Drives me nuts. F those pricks.

Reactions: 8 users
He's a replica of crumples is Goulden. He's a weak *smile*. How that was not a free against him is a joke.

The free against Pickett in the first was nothing other than racism. Less a free than the Goulden decision. Weak feeble little pricks they are.

The 2 lack of intent frees were a joke. And then buddy does the same and nothing. Pathetic.
The no. 4 umpire paid that against Pickett. He was a dead set cheat. He also paid the deliberate against Prestia. The flog cost us 3 goals.

Reactions: 1 users

They aren't racist against buddy? Different tribe?

They aren't racist against buddy? Different tribe?
The Pickett treatment by the AFL is racism. Cannot be anything else. Hes treated by entirely different standards to any other AFL player. On the field and by the tribunal. It's a joke.

Yes, ducking is prior opportunity. It's the same logic as the don't argue, or the spin that resulted in Marlion giving up a free kick for HTB earlier in the match (correct decision).

The umpires saw the duck, as it wasn't obscured. Did they forget the rule? Did they not understand the rule in the first place?

Why didn't we get a free kick?

Reactions: 1 users
When did they remove the stand rule ?
I must have missed it.
"Outside 5, Outside 5" "Stand".
I'm not sure how a guy can be told at least twice he is "outside 5" but then be told to "stand" after he has clearly moved up to the mark despite being told not to.
That's twice in our last 2 games a player has ignored an umpire and no penalty.
The rule is bad for a lot of reasons, that fact it is just another interpretation that makes life harder for the umps and is open to such inconsistency is just 1.