Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Same umpires adjudicate differently in H&A games, it makes no sense.

DS
My theory is that it’s because more people watch the finals as compared to h&a games and the umpires might be thinking that they are under more public scrutiny in finals and can’t get away with the crap they dish up during the season

Reactions: 1 user
My theory is that it’s because more people watch the finals as compared to h&a games and the umpires might be thinking that they are under more public scrutiny in finals and can’t get away with the crap they dish up during the season
Could be that more big bets are place on H&A games rather than Finals also?

Anyone who thinks umps aren't being contacted by big punters is naïve

Stevic, Devine and Fleer tonight.

I'm not expecting the reaming to be as bad tonight, but we'll again, as always, be on the receiving end.

Went with +10 differential last week and got that right. Going with between 6 and 10 tonight.

Last edited:
Same umpires adjudicate differently in H&A games, it makes no sense.

DS
They get paid good coin for one game a week.

There should be no good umpire rubbish umpire. Get rid of the subjective crap and adjudicate the rules properly.
This is why the Umpire Farce must stop. The standard of umpiring is a blight - no pun intended - on football.

Umpires should be inconspicuous.

I'm not expecting the reaming to be as bad tonight, but we'll again, as always, be on the receiving end.

Went with +10 differential last week and got that right. Going with between 6 and 10 tonight.
Yep, I’m going with a -6 in the free kick count, umps don’t want to be too obvious.

Happens so often, might as well open a market. I'll pick a +12 diff tonight. The Aints frenzied pace will make the dumpires look like we put on bad tackles.

Yes, but the umpires in the finals also umpire H&A games and umpire differently during the season.

I understand they use more umpires in H&A games as there are more games each week. But those who do get to umpire finals do change the way they adjudicate finals as opposed to H&A games.

DS

Do we know the same umpires are the ones that umpire differently? I don’t have that view. More that just the crap ones get weeded out. So the difference you notice is the crap umpires not umpiring and the good ones doing nothing different.

I have no data to support this but I’ve tended to notice the ones that really annoy me don’t get a gig in the finals.

Fleer and Stevic both did the GF last year. I expect an even count tonight

• Haha
FFS..........Balta and Mansell getting *smiled* over for legal contests.

I'm done with this rubbish.

This is the third duck roll the shoulder get a free for St Kilda.

THIS HAS TO STOP.

8 to 6 free kicks at 1/4 time! *smile* off the saints had a run of 4 and 3 in 2 plays. I reckon they got closer to 12.

It’s where the frees are being paid too. Soft nothing frees in front of goal. Every week whereas we get nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users