TV Sports Betting Ban ?. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV Sports Betting Ban ?.

Then why are you against sports betting ads on TV ?.
Your post makes so little sense in reply to my Post
Maybe just band standing ?.
Is that a statement or a question?

I don’t see the reason for it. If people want to bet, they know how to do it more often than not.

Just don’t jam it down people’s throats who have no interest in it and who can see the negatives attached to advertising to a young demographic. Which is the whole reason for advertising it in the first place.

You’d have to fairly dumb not to recognise that the advertising is meant to attract new victims to the betting market.
Yep. Fairly dumb.

Reactions: 1 user
Your post makes so little sense in reply to my Post

Is that a statement or a question?

I don’t see the reason for it. If people want to bet, they know how to do it more often than not.

Just don’t jam it down people’s throats who have no interest in it and who can see the negatives attached to advertising to a young demographic. Which is the whole reason for advertising it in the first place.

You’d have to fairly dumb not to recognise that the advertising is meant to attract new victims to the betting market.
Yep. Fairly dumb.
They ram fat food fast deadly cars etc etc etc down our throats as well. When some dude utters that a mythical five year old brat knows weekly football odds from TV Sports betting ads you think that is so. Does he know the cricket odds as well ?. Maybe he is running a SP book at his morning creche. Get the brat before the enquiry to testify that he is being induced to bet by these ads.

They ram fat food fast deadly cars etc etc etc down our throats as well. When some dude utters that a mythical five year old brat knows weekly football odds from TV Sports betting ads you think that is so. Does he know the cricket odds as well ?. Maybe he is running a SP book at his morning creche. Get the brat before the enquiry to testify that he is being induced to bet by these ads.

So much whinging and moaning on this thread. Careful, you'll be mistaken for woke if you keep going on like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Communications Minister Michelle Rowlands will table plans for Gambling Ads to Parliament tomorrow. Wonder if she interviewed the five year old who ran a book at his kindergarten on AFL & NRL games. If they chop it plenty of dollars will not flow into government pockets.

Communications Minister Michelle Rowlands will table plans for Gambling Ads to Parliament tomorrow. Wonder if she interviewed the five year old who ran a book at his kindergarten on AFL & NRL games. If they chop it plenty of dollars will not flow into government pockets.
They’re going to licence vape sales. So they’re already ahead of the game..and you.