TV Sports Betting Ban ?. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV Sports Betting Ban ?.

Well for Auskick they can use some of the taxpayers money the Feds give the afl. Take some of the grant money from Geelong! They’ve already been gifted $350 billion thousand hundred. They can GAGF.
Cut a few of the $million department managers. Where’s the afl’s transparent finance report?

Who gives a toss if Katy Perry or Robbie Williams sing or Meatloaf is risen from the dead.
Instead of paying them $millions and having *smile* music, play a couple of games, u/18s vs Academy or the VFL GF. It’s a football day.
The singers and rappers can go down to St Kilda and do some busking.
Stop raving on as the clear facts are that a bunch of daft wokey loonies in Canberra are pushing a wheel barrow full of their own egos on the back of a Sports Ad ban. They do not even acknowledge Fat Food Ads are more dangerous to our youth than the Sports ad. The most disturbing aspect of this is that they were voted into Canberra by people whose heads are so far up you know where . One hopes that they stay up there until the next election has been held. By your posts you most probably are one of them.

Stop raving on as the clear facts are that a bunch of daft wokey loonies in Canberra are pushing a wheel barrow full of their own egos on the back of a Sports Ad ban. They do not even acknowledge Fat Food Ads are more dangerous to our youth than the Sports ad. The most disturbing aspect of this is that they were voted into Canberra by people whose heads are so far up you know where . One hopes that they stay up there until the next election has been held. By your posts you most probably are one of them.
It sounds like you need a big bucket of KFC. Withdrawal symptoms?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
There is a ban on fast food ads in Australia when 1/4 of the viewers are under 15. Same as the restrictions on alcohol advertising.

Sport survived the ban on tabacco advertising. It will survive this one. The only people to suffer is those gamblers who are so old that if they aren't reminded to bet every 10 mins, they'll forget.

Kids as young as 5yo knowing the betting odds of a team to win is just plain wrong.

Reactions: 4 users
There is a ban on fast food ads in Australia when 1/4 of the viewers are under 15. Same as the restrictions on alcohol advertising.

Sport survived the ban on tobacco advertising. It will survive this one. The only people to suffer is those gamblers who are so old that if they aren't reminded to bet every 10 mins, they'll forget.

Kids as young as 5yo knowing the betting odds of a team to win is just plain wrong.

Yep, the squealing when tobacco ads were banned was huge, many sports affected and survive to this day.

Can't see a problem with banning fast food ads either, not sure what those places sell anyway, haven't been to any of McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks etc for well over 30 years and have no intention of going any time soon. If I want a burger I'll go to the local chippy.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
The only people to suffer is those gamblers who are so old that if they aren't reminded to bet every 10 mins, they'll forget.
Oi. How about you leave me out of this conversation. I'm old enough to be told where I want to lose my money n support the computer networks of the gambling agencies.

Tigaman must work for Sportsb*t or one of those gang.
Been retired gracefully since 1998 when retrenched en masse by Department of Defence (Navy). Last time had Kentucky Duck 1976. Macca's did work for them at Mandurah WA (maintenance ) before shop closed for financial reasons 1984. Only ate the ice cream. Freezer trucks pulled up every Monday Friday. They even tried to freeze the lettuce but it did not work. Last Hungry Jacks I ate was last century & the egg was partly frozen. Love a burger so make my own own. It is hard to buy a burger that has no garlic in it.

You have my Thoughts and Prayers
Well that'd be bloody useless Balooga. I didn't like your previous thought n I'm an atheist as well. Perhaps it'd be more useful if you'd lend me a tenner, I've got a hot tip in the 2nd at Caulfield that'll set up my afternoons dabble.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Well that'd be bloody useless Balooga. I didn't like your previous thought n I'm an atheist as well. Perhaps it'd be more useful if you'd lend me a tenner, I've got a hot tip in the 2nd at Caulfield that'll set up my afternoons dabble.
I've got a tip in the last at Caulfield, Itchy Arse, if it's not scratched it'll win.

Melbourne Cup parade cancelled again this year as it promotes gambling. This should please the nayers who delight in taking away pleasures from the many to satisfy their puritan egos.

I've got a tip in the last at Caulfield, Itchy Arse, if it's not scratched it'll win.
Better tell the jockey not to push to hard early or skid marks might show some prominent placement late.

• Dislike

Sport survived the ban on tabacco advertising. It will survive this one. The only people to suffer is those gamblers who are so old that if they aren't reminded to bet every 10 mins, they'll forget.

" Kids as young as 5 etc etc etc " ?. Any sane person would believe that is a load of codswallop but then for those the chosen few the cow jumped over the moon.

• Haha
Gov proposal School Children as young five will now go a maths test. Children that age who know football odds will have no trouble with that , will they ?.

• Haha
Willo do you honestly think kids as young as five years of age know sports betting odds of AFL teams ?.
I don’t know. I don’t talk odds, I don’t bet on football games. It would never occur to me to ever discuss sports betting with five year olds.
Do many? I have no idea.
Do any? I’m not in that circle so I couldn’t say.
Are they able to? Nothing surprises me much, given how kids that young can navigate computers, iPads, mobile phones etc

I don’t know. I don’t talk odds, I don’t bet on football games. It would never occur to me to ever discuss sports betting with five year olds.
Do many? I have no idea.
Do any? I’m not in that circle so I couldn’t say.
Are they able to? Nothing surprises me much, given how kids that young can navigate computers, iPads, mobile phones etc
Then why are you against sports betting ads on TV ?. Maybe just band standing ?.