TV Sports Betting Ban ?. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV Sports Betting Ban ?.

.Warringah MP Teal Zali Steggal on TV news tonight barking mad that Lotto ads are included in the ban of sports betting ads. If she has her way you will not be able to pay for your Lotto by Eftpos. Give me to break to catch my thoughts as to what is this great Australian culture is being whittle down to .

.Warringah MP Teal Zali Steggal on TV news tonight barking mad that Lotto ads are included in the ban of sports betting ads. If she has her way you will not be able to pay for your Lotto by Eftpos. Give me to break to catch my thoughts as to what is this great Australian culture is being whittle down to .
Great Australian Culture is gambling ads?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Independent NSW MP Alex Greenwich getting on the band wagon now wants to ban Pokies on Anzac Day. Next will be swy .Another whinger the wokes will embrace.

Reactions: 1 user
Independent NSW MP Alex Greenwich getting on the band wagon now wants to ban Pokies on Anzac Day. Next will be swy .Another whinger the wokes will embrace.
Good. Like Church on Sunday’s. Two up on Anzac Day.
Total ban on all the pokies. Total ban on all betting ads. The country will be better off and much more happy. (y)
Anyone that doesn’t support this should go and live in Las Vegas. Or Atlantic City ;)

I have no issue if adults want to gamble. It’s legal. I do have a problem when I hear primary school age kids at the footy have a seemingly encyclopedia-like knowledge of the odds of each team winning, what the odds are for x-player getting an x-number of disposals, odds on who will Knick the first goal etc. I don’t have kids and used to wonder where they get the info from since they are too young to have betting accounts. Then I paid attention and was astounded with the saturation of ads everywhere. I don’t really gamble so I didn’t really notice it before. They’re on during the footy on tv, on radio, in the papers, on footy shows ( I think there are even programs just on footy betting). You can’t protect impressionable young kids from what seems like wall to wall coverage of ads promoting gambling ( and no, the line ‘gamble responsibly’ and similar doesn’t cut it with kids), other than forbidding them from watching tv, listening to the radio, reading the papers and banning iPads etc. They normalise gambling from an early age and when they’re old enough to finally legally laying bets, they don’t quite think of the consequences when they become addicted.
Like I said, I have no problem if adults want to gamble, but stop the ads until kids are reasonably shielded from them ie say no tv or radio ads until late at night, no print ads etc

Reactions: 3 users
I have no issue if adults want to gamble. It’s legal. I do have a problem when I hear primary school age kids at the footy have a seemingly encyclopedia-like knowledge of the odds of each team winning, what the odds are for x-player getting an x-number of disposals, odds on who will Knick the first goal etc. I don’t have kids and used to wonder where they get the info from since they are too young to have betting accounts. Then I paid attention and was astounded with the saturation of ads everywhere. I don’t really gamble so I didn’t really notice it before. They’re on during the footy on tv, on radio, in the papers, on footy shows ( I think there are even programs just on footy betting). You can’t protect impressionable young kids from what seems like wall to wall coverage of ads promoting gambling ( and no, the line ‘gamble responsibly’ and similar doesn’t cut it with kids), other than forbidding them from watching tv, listening to the radio, reading the papers and banning iPads etc. They normalise gambling from an early age and when they’re old enough to finally legally laying bets, they don’t quite think of the consequences when they become addicted.
Like I said, I have no problem if adults want to gamble, but stop the ads until kids are reasonably shielded from them ie say no tv or radio ads until late at night, no print ads etc
Agree 100%, I like a punt, but I detest all the sports betting commercials.

• Love
The prick better not try and get two-up banned.

Who takes notice of the ads. ?. Still waiting for some one to post the stats on children who are addicted to sports wagering ads on TV.

• Dislike
Who takes notice of the ads. ?. Still waiting for some one to post the stats on children who are addicted to sports wagering ads on TV.
Why do you think betting companies spend $millions on ads?
Just to help the economy?
To keep ad makers employed?
Do you actually believe ads aren’t designed to attract clientele? To attract a new base of clients? They ain’t gonna get any more from old or dead people, so guess what they do? They target a new consumer base. One that they can keep milking for years.
You don’t have to have the iq of Einstein to work that out.
Maybe read this for some context.

Reactions: 2 users
Why do you think betting companies spend $millions on ads?
Just to help the economy?
To keep ad makers employed?
Do you actually believe ads aren’t designed to attract clientele? To attract a new base of clients? They ain’t gonna get any more from old or dead people, so guess what they do? They target a new consumer base. One that they can keep milking for years.
You don’t have to have the iq of Einstein to work that out.
Maybe read this for some context.
What a load of humbug. They ought to be focusing on the fat food industry but you will not agree with that as you are most probably be a regular drive in customer.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Its out as AFL to lose $120 mil a year if proposed changes take place. A flow on affect AusKick will lose $10 mil a year funding & will most probably close. There will be no more Katy Perry Robbie Williams at GF's. Most probably Meat Loaf will get a return Gig on the price of a free return ticket from wherever he is domiciled these days. Do these Polly Waffles think of any body but themselves . Steggall & her fellow Teals ,the Greens & Pocock have been thrust upon us the clear thinking hard working Australian who do not have Uni degrees & have to suffer for their one track minds & that is they do not think they breathe the same air as we do.

• Haha
It’s out as AFL to lose $120 mil a year if proposed changes take place. A flow on affect AusKick will lose $10 mil a year funding & will most probably close. There will be no more Katy Perry Robbie Williams at GF's. Most probably Meat Loaf will get a return Gig on the price of a free return ticket from wherever he is domiciled these days. Do these Polly Waffles think of any body but themselves . Steggall & her fellow Teals ,the Greens & Pocock have been thrust upon us the clear thinking hard working Australian who do not have Uni degrees & have to suffer for their one track minds & that is they do not think they breathe the same air as we do.
Well for Auskick they can use some of the taxpayers money the Feds give the afl. Take some of the grant money from Geelong! They’ve already been gifted $350 billion thousand hundred. They can GAGF.
Cut a few of the $million department managers. Where’s the afl’s transparent finance report?

Who gives a toss if Katy Perry or Robbie Williams sing or Meatloaf is risen from the dead.
Instead of paying them $millions and having *smile* music, play a couple of games, u/18s vs Academy or the VFL GF. It’s a football day.
The singers and rappers can go down to St Kilda and do some busking.

Reactions: 2 users