Tunnelling | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tunnelling

Scott is clutching at straws and trying to drag the umpires into it to give his side some sort of advantage. Really dislike his feigned innocence in such situations ... so often disingenuous in what he says.
To me, it just shows that he's worried about the Tigers ... wasn't prepared to show his full hand last week and say "come on, beat us" ... reckon that's what he thinks will happen this Sunday ... bit smart by half ... but I reckon the Tigers, behind the scenes, might be feeling sufficiently disrespected to want to come out and smash North.
I am quietly confident the Tigers will get the job done.

Dermis would want Richmond bundled out as he knows we can beat his team the Hawks.

se7en said:
Dermis would want Richmond bundled out as he knows we can beat his team the Hawks.

On the SEN promo (which they play over and over again), Dermie says "the Tiger backmen employ a tactic where they ALMOST tunnel you". The key word here is 'almost' which suggests our players do NOT tunnel.
Clearly douche bag Dernie has no idea what tripe comes out of his own mouth! Seriously the media are absolute clowns.
We need to massacre the Roos on Sunday!!

I watched the game again, and I really can't see much evidence of this. Petrie was well and truly pantsed. By mentioning the perfectly legal tactic that Richmond defenders employ Dermie gave Petrie and excuse and he seized on it like a drowning man does on a piece of driftwood. Even Scott Thompson admitted that Richmond do nothing wrong and their defenders do the same thing, it's just that we're better at it.

Tommy H said:
I've watched every game we play and I'm confused about this. Apart from the Chappy free last week which was bloody plain to see, I've never seen any of this happening from our backline. And I would be the first to admit if it was something we had gotten away with and have been found out now.

Rance is too good hence resorted to nonsense

I was watching the channel 7 news last night and they had a section on training at north and Punt road yesterday. The reporter asked some 8 year old North supporter why North would win and he said "because Richmond players tunnel players from other teams " :eek:

Why didn't we counter punch, saying we hope Vickery doesn't get held on to all game, like he did last week.

bowee said:
Why didn't we counter punch, saying we hope Vickery doesn't get held on to all game, like he did last week.
Better not to buy into it. The less attention we pay to it, the more likely everyone else is to think it's nonsense.

CarnTheTiges said:
Better not to buy into it. The less attention we pay to it, the more likely everyone else is to think it's nonsense.

amen

Let them whinge all they want, its within the rules.

All I see is a lot of people scared of what RFC can achieve. Snivelling media types trying, scratching to find anything negative. Really sad to see. Let alone they hype themselves up too as the best. Sickening. Media attention to BS tunnelling. yeah whatever. What else.

Dare to dream people ! Its real & it's up to us Tiges. Go for it !!!!

Go Tiges

It's also a double edged sword. If the umpires are on the look out for it, and nothing this week seems to suggest that they are, then they'll penalise North for doing it too. In fact they're more likely to resort to the tactic as their backline is less skilled than ours.

Sintiger said:
I was watching the channel 7 news last night and they had a section on training at north and Punt road yesterday. The reporter asked some 8 year old North supporter why North would win and he said "because Richmond players tunnel players from other teams " :eek:

Shut up kid and have another icy pole.

Where's the exposé on Lindsay Thomas diving, staging and being generally pathetic? Getting angry just thinking about it...

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Shut up kid and have another icy pole.
Yeah, you can also ask kids of that age why they say a team well outside the 8 is going to win the flag and they'll come up with something along the lines of 'because they're the best!' No logic behind it and he's probably just parrotting something he heard his Dad say.

CarnTheTiges said:
Yeah, you can also ask kids of that age why they say a team well outside the 8 is going to win the flag and they'll come up with something along the lines of 'because they're the best!' No logic behind it and he's probably just parrotting something he heard his Dad say.

Exactly, there was no point giving it airtime.