Tunnelling | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tunnelling

in fact, chaplin discussed himself tunneling (not being good enough to punch the ball from the hands) in an interview on the topic sen

good try, however

pessimistic_ said:
yes they (dermie, dunstall etc.) were discussing chaplin and rance vs norf on foxfooty last night
waiting (who you quoted) didn't though.

Rancey18 said:
waiting (who you quoted) didn't though.

yes buts its part of the general topic, is it not?

the issue was raised by dermie-the-flog, who is worried about richmond vs hawthorn

its been discussed on tv, radio, newspaper since to game finished, up to now

rance and chaplin are our main key defenders, sadly now in the spotlight. either might match up vs petrie

on the weekend rance 'tunneled' 4 or 5 times and did it within the rules

chaplin gave away a free kick cause hes a dud who didnt watch the ball

I really couldn't see much wrong with what Rance was doing, even after watching several slow mo replays. The Chaplin one was obvious and called. There's no way a smaller bloke can spoil a larger bloke without making body contact. I do fear however we will loose the 50:50s now it's been called. Surprise we haven't suggested they look at their blocking tactics. I suppose we are above that and hopefully texted Campbell in the background!

pessimistic_ said:
in fact, chaplin discussed himself tunneling (not being good enough to punch the ball from the hands) in an interview on the topic sen

good try, however

Nice paraphrasing. He didn't say he wasn't good enough, he said they were too tall when they had their hands at full extension to spoil without risking hitting the arms.

Go grind your axe on another thread, rather than making *smile* up.

I don't think pessimistic has any idea what 'tunnelling' actually is. I think if we look back far enough he will have linked Troy Chaplin to the Bali 9 (now 7) at some stage, such seems to be his dislike of him.

pessimistic_ said:
watch the footage of the tunneling

rance; elegant, graceful, powerful, legal

chappy: dud, no idea, eyes not on the ball, free kick played against

Palestine reference might have been better

chaplin is not good at it cause he gives away free kicks. slow, clumsy, non agile buffoon

What tunnelling?

waiting said:
This is crap!

SEN promo on Dermie talking about this tactic and Petrie agreeing!

Rance plays within the rules and positions his body so well and Petrie got pantsed.

I can't remember who that free was paid against where I think I heard the "tunnelled the player free against". Was it Chaplin?

This will be an issue come Sunday. The media and the North sooks have brought to the umpires attention. Campbo has to come out and put this to bed. Him being quiet spells that there will be a focus on our backmen and critical frees will be paid for frees that are not there.

Disappointed on so many fronts here!

Let's hope the game isn't decided by an interpretation by the rule of week!

Wouldn't be surprised.
Media campaign against Richmond in full fling with this promo and the HUN putting out that white board article.

Smasha it's been going on for days now.

Would like the AFL umpire boss in Campbell come out and point out that Rance plays WITHIN the rules!

Yes his a former Tiger champ but he is the head boss of the umpires.

Would like SEN to focus on other important news of the day/week .

Yes I'm upset and fired up about all this. Glad our club has shut shop even though they tried to bait Chaplin who said "tunnelling" is a dangerous action and to thank Dermie for throwing them under the bus", basically saying that this will be the rule of the week, when CLEARLY it shouldn't be.

We have a great finals series coming up. Let's focus of the games ahead.

GO TIGERS.

Rance is the best in the business.

Petrie isn't worthy to tie Rances boots up.

Rance destroyed him Friday night without getting out of first gear.

I watched Rance toy with him and put in a few quick strides to get past him, with ease.

If Rance does that at the G on Sunday, best we have our mids and forwards pushing up, because when Rance runs, they won't get near him.

Hope Norf get pinged a few times for "Tunnelling" this week. 8-

CC TIGER said:
Is there a club that whinges more then the Roos? Harvey biggest sook in the game, Brad Scoot biggest sook coach in the game an there 37 supporters constantly cryin poor us ...
Where did they get the other 35 supporters from CC? It's rather amusing hearing them with all their thuggish defenders talking about illegalities in defence.

The one thing we have in our favour is that we play on Sunday and not on Friday night; Friday's being when the new rule interpretation is being tested and then toned down through the weekends matches.

Petrie doesn't mind getting tunnelled. It's the action he gets these days.scumbag