Tunnelling | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tunnelling

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
The bloody media will do anything to undermine the Tigers. The more recent is he accusation of tunnelling. Petrie started it by naming Rance as one who does it, and the media pounced. Gerard Healey made sure it got air time last night by not only talking about it but showing clips of this so called tunnelling. For those who have missed it it is the method of using the upper body to push the bloke going for the mark forward. That is it in simplistic terms.

They talked about it on SEN this morning with Troy Chaplin. Nathan Thompson was there as well and for once was talking sense, they said it was nothing more than good body positioning.

Tunnelling is when you get (tunnel) under a player who's in the air and tip him sideways. It's dangerous. Rance doesn't do it.

This is a real worry I reckon. The way our guys defend hasn't been deemed against the rules all year but you watch now, in the most important game of the year, it'll cost us a couple of goals at least in free kicks. Not to mention the impact of our guys trying to change the way they defend after they cop one early in the game.

Is there a club that whinges more then the Roos? Harvey biggest sook in the game, Brad Scoot biggest sook coach in the game an there 37 supporters constantly cryin poor us ...

IanG said:
They talked about it on SEN this morning with Troy Chaplin. Nathan Thompson was there as well and for once was talking sense, they said it was nothing more than good body positioning.

Hope like mad the umpires see it that way. Once again, last night, the OTC crew mentioned the umpire giving a free and calling "tunnelling." It could be a disaster if that is called against say Rance with a free to a forward. Goals could be the result.

I love it! Media scribes and opposition clubs uniting unsettle the Mighty Tiges!

Us vs Them, BRING IT AWN!!!

:gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

If Brereton wants to see Tunnelling he should watch a few games when Thompson from Norf has played on Jack.

pessimistic_ said:
chaplin is a dud

Eh??? What's this to do with the thread?? And, for what it is worth, he is anything but a dud. Should not be responding to this.

New nickname for Chaplin - "The Mexican"

El Chapo - best tunnel organiser in the world.

watch the footage of the tunneling

rance; elegant, graceful, powerful, legal

chappy: dud, no idea, eyes not on the ball, free kick played against

RFC not KFC said:
New nickname for Chaplin - "The Mexican"

El Chapo - best tunnel organiser in the world.

Palestine reference might have been better

chaplin is not good at it cause he gives away free kicks. slow, clumsy, non agile buffoon

CC TIGER said:
Is there a club that whinges more then the Roos? Harvey biggest sook in the game, Brad Scoot biggest sook coach in the game an there 37 supporters constantly cryin poor us ...

Agreed. Norf are clearly desperate, they are intimidated and hence trying to stir up trouble by resorting to cheap mind games. I love the way RFC are quietly going about their business, a strong indication of resolve and maturity.
As for the tunnelling, it's a non issue and will likely be forgotten in a couple of days.

This is crap!

SEN promo on Dermie talking about this tactic and Petrie agreeing!

Rance plays within the rules and positions his body so well and Petrie got pantsed.

I can't remember who that free was paid against where I think I heard the "tunnelled the player free against". Was it Chaplin?

This will be an issue come Sunday. The media and the North sooks have brought to the umpires attention. Campbo has to come out and put this to bed. Him being quiet spells that there will be a focus on our backmen and critical frees will be paid for frees that are not there.

Disappointed on so many fronts here!

Let's hope the game isn't decided by an interpretation by the rule of week!