Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Only posts facts
Common knowledge Stack issues and Brooke problems
I didn’t go shopping at Mirage Shopping Centre and go to the Day Spa
Facts are she did
Even had the Designer shopping bags back at Hub
As for Syd. Was told not to go back to WA during footy shutdown
Guess what he did , fact !
Fact he didn’t train for 4 weeks
Came back 5kg overweight
Mmmmmmmm
Believe what you want
It’s a free world
If you don’t like what I post , simply to reply or read
It’s that “ EZY”

But why if you do have inside knowledge and are a richmond supporter bother with this muckraking on a Tigers fan forum?
petty *smile* if you ask me and offers very little.

But why if you do have inside knowledge and are a richmond supporter bother with this muckraking on a Tigers fan forum?
Good I will disappear then
Tell you what’s funny . You all talk about the rubbish the media spew out and you all get upset with that
I have posted topics of fact , not fiction
If you don’t want content . That’s fine
Not an issue
See you all later
It’s not an issue
You can believe the untrue rumours

By the way
I didn’t ask you for your opinion

Tell you what’s funny . You all talk about the rubbish the media spew out and you all get upset with that
Not an issue
See you all later
It’s not an issue

Im not asking you to disappear and not comment. I just don't see the need to muckrake. If you do have inside intel, how about some things that actually matter. Young players progress, Injury reports ect. I just don't think reporting this stuff matters. Would much rather hear your opinions on footy.

Reactions: 1 users
Not an issue
See you all later
It’s not an issue
I like your posting @Stig. Ignore the haters.

Reactions: 5 users
by the way I apologise for the way I worded it as it did come across as a personal attack, which is not on, I didn't mean for it to be so. I'm just sick of hearing gossip about players private lives. As above posters have said, don't worry about flogs like me. Its just my opinion about non football related gossip.

Reactions: 7 users
Im not asking you to disappear and not comment. I just don't see the need to muckrake. If you do have inside intel, how about some things that actually matter. Young players progress, Injury reports ect. I just don't think reporting this stuff matters. Would much rather hear your opinions on footy.

x2

Like it or not Carro is going with it again on Footy Classified tonight: "More fall out from the Tiger Hub"

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Brooke Cotchin being difficult and unpopular is a pretty long term, strong rumour. I could dig up posts I made about potential issues with Cotchin's relationships with the other players due to those reasons from several years ago.

Hasn't caused much of an issue in the last fews years and I wouldn't expect this would be any different. All clubs have a variety of personality, on-field and off.

yep

'we dont really like our mate's missus that much'

is not an original story. its not a revelation. its not a headline.

Its not even a decent rumour, even if you enjoy reading TV week.

If a bloke said to me 'All my mates married perfect women, who bring out the best in all my mates. I love spending time with all of them, together, as often as I can'

well now theres a story

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone listening to 3AW? Apparently Benny's wife has done an interview with the Sunday Herald Sun slamming what Rick Kennedy said about lack of support and says the Cotchins have threatened to leave the hub. Can't say his form has dropped with all the drama but it can't be setting a great example to the rest of the team. And I dare say she wouldn't have spoken without permission which is interesting in itself. [Dyer'ere BOLD]

"Let's just say it was not a quick turnaround by the Cotchins who threatened to leave the Hub at one point." Jane Gale

Interesting move by RFC, TT. Wife responds to wife. As much as to wife's father. And I suppose she has thrown Trent under the bus to some extent with "the Cotchins".

But seriously "Let's just say..." Brutal.

"Brooke was gracious enough in the end to take responsibility for the mistake and brave enough to make a public apology."

It's as if Gale is working on the premise that Ms Cotchin and Mr Kennedy are working as a team. I like the way Gale has opened her counter with a casual elbow to the dad and a roundhouse to the daughter.

This does read as a bit of a stoush between boss wife and recalcitrant insubordinate. As it's meant to from the RFC point of view.

Over all Kennedy is entitled to defend Brooke Jane is entitled to defend Brendon's work. All is right socially. But Jane Gale is the only enforcer in the melee. She laid down the law. Without maiming anybody. It's not like she used the K word*.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
BTW I was going to make a new thread for this but it will die soon enough anyway. And I've come to the view that it should be on Trent Cotchin's thread. Jane Gale included him.

I've seen enough to know @Stig is well connected and knows plenty going on at Punt Road.

Brooke Cotchin being difficult and unpopular is a pretty long term, strong rumour. I could dig up posts I made about potential issues with Cotchin's relationships with the other players due to those reasons from several years ago.

Hasn't caused much of an issue in the last fews years and I wouldn't expect this would be any different. All clubs have a variety of personality, on-field and off.
.not sure that's a particularly constructive point to raise

Is there an agenda or are we the biggest club with the biggest supporter base and the media is desperate for headlines that will generate clicks? Pies have had their fair share of negative press too.

Flossy's wine thingy was always going to be looked at as we've come off the back of our Hopoate song celebrations. Media will be watching them carefully for a repeat. Rik Kennedy taking to the airwaves stirred up the hornets nest over Brooke's misdemeanour just as it was finally tucked away isn't the media's fault, they are just the hornets buzzing around looking for a juicy story to generate clicks.

And it's working. We and the rest of the AFL world are clicking the links and reading the stories.

I'm not sure there's a specific agenda against us. We're just a cash cow for the media so they'll always be looking for a Richmond story

Don't click the link. It just feeds them.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Jane is a lovely person . Would be very measured with what she said .

Benny is a very smart man. Way smarter than supposed other smart ruckman, Mike Fitzpatrick. Diplomas in Leisure Studies from Oxford, Dip. Leis (ox), are easy as.

some hot influencer pulled off the instagram just wouldnt satisfy our Benny's pillow talking standards. No way.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
What was most striking about Cotch's game last Thursday was his sheer intensity at the contest. Really was a finals like tune up.
He was sending a message to the Weagles midfield.
The Supercoach nuffies at other clubs who bag him have no idea what he brings to our club. He plays such a sacrificial role & whilst he may not always win the ball, he always influences the contest & gets it going our way.
It's been said many times but the man is a contested brute who's built for finals footy, where legend is forged.
So long as his hammy holds together, we'll be unstoppable again in the form he's in.

Reactions: 13 users
What was most striking about Cotch's game last Thursday was his sheer intensity at the contest. Really was a finals like tune up.
He was sending a message to the Weagles midfield.
The Supercoach nuffies at other clubs who bag him have no idea what he brings to our club. He plays such a sacrificial role & whilst he may not always win the ball, he always influences the contest & gets it going our way.
It's been said many times but the man is a contested brute who's built for finals footy, where legend is forged.
So long as his hammy holds together, we'll be unstoppable again in the form he's in.

I honestly believe he is the most influential player in the competition this year.

hes done it in pretty much every game hes played.

im pretty sure if you adjusted the PRE footballer of the year for games played, he'd have twice the votes as 2nd.

If you are short on time and wish to quickly gauge whether theres any upside for you in talking to someone about footy or not, simply open with

'who would you have in your side, two Lachy Neales or one Trent Cotchin?'

• Love
Reactions: 10 users