Trade Cotchin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Cotchin

zippadeee said:
Lyon as his 2 buck MMM mates would've been in tears laughing at the sh!t we put up yesterday
Lyon hates us
Like barn doors flapping in the forest, if you don't listen to it, does it exist?

Cotchin is a Top 10 player in the competition for contested possessions.

He's a midfielder, not a flanker :duh

Cotchin simply should have removed himself from the contest and moved into FF. Take Jacobs with him. All he needs to do is kick one, maybe two goals and he works himself into the game.
That is what we lack in high pressure games, the mental capability to switch things around on the fly to turn the game around.

To be consistent, many on this board have called for Chaplin and Houli to be traded because of their poor finals' campaigns, why should Trent be spared the same comments. Titch has also flattered to deceive in finals. Of the four I've mentioned at least Bachar has worked on his deficiencies this year. It's sad to say but Trent was a better player years ago. I hope it's just above the shoulders.

Tigers of Old said:
Joe, Cotchin has just signed a 5 year contract at the start of this year which kicks off next year. It's not going to happen.
I agree it's not going to happen, but my point is we have to be ruthless to improve, we are no better than 2 years ago despite what everyone says. We have serial offenders in finals, and sadly our captain and our coach are two of them. My only two untouchables are our bookends, Jack and Rance. Everyone else is tradeable for the right deal.

Look,

I've always believed all ideas were good ideas.
Ideas provoke discussion which may help a plan evolve even its not a blueprint of the original idea.

Its a concept I've always had faith in.

And it's now been utterly destroyed.

The sentimentalist in me hates seeing players leave. The realist says no player is untradeable in the ruthless, business world of footy these days. Just a matter of gaining a lot more than we lose. Can't see the slightest chance of Cotch being traded but it's reasonable to ponder for those who are that way inclined. Same with all our players really. I mightn't like it but everything we do should be to improve our chances of success.

Let's do "the Doggies" trade our captain for Treloar. .
Top 3 player at the club. Had a bad game.
What about his deputy meatloaf Chaplin? ?

zippadeee said:
Let's do "the Doggies" trade our captain for Treloar. .
Top 3 player at the club. Had a bad game.
What about his deputy meatloaf Chaplin? ?

Dogs had a good year?

Chimptastic said:
Cotchin is a Top 10 player in the competition for contested possessions.

He's a midfielder, not a flanker :duh

NOT IN FINALS HE IS IT, DOES NOT LIFT HIMSELF, DOES NOT LIFT THE TEAM.
LOVE HIM BUT NOT CAPT MATERIAL IMO PREFERRED WHEN HE WAS JUST COTCHIN THE ON BALLER NOT COTCH THE SKIPPER.

rosy23 said:
The sentimentalist in me hates seeing players leave. The realist says no player is untradeable in the ruthless, business world of footy these days. Just a matter of gaining a lot more than we lose. Can't see the slightest chance of Cotch being traded but it's reasonable to ponder for those who are that way inclined. Same with all our players really. I mightn't like it but everything we do should be to improve our chances of success.

Exactly
Everyone has a value
The buyer always wants to pay less, the vendor always wants more.

There is the odd player, though like Richo and Knights spring to mind, that you want to remain pure tiger - like Jack dyer.

tigertime2 said:
Dogs had a good year?

The will be smacked next year. Their game plan under 14's like.
Back to the bottom 6 next year. Too small all over the ground.
The Footscray Smurfs

zippadeee said:
The will be smacked next year. Their game plan under 14's like.
Back to the bottom 6 next year. Too small all over the ground.
The Footscray Smurfs

We agree for once, can't believe all the media going on about attacking footy making a return.

I put $100 on them to get knocked out first week of finals and not make the 8 next season.
Lets just say my ROI is good enough to personally pay Treloar anything outside of the salary cap.

The Bullfrogs are the biggest DOWNHILL SKIIERS in THE AFL. Unlucky for them, it doesnt snow in September.

#Bemorebullfrog. Ribbit!