Trade Cotchin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Cotchin

joegarra said:
No more terrible than the midfield was yesterday. I was being deliberately controversial, but I don't want to hear how we will learn from it etc etc. As Sheedy said many years ago, it's your top six players that win you finals , we had two, Jack and Rance, contribute yesterday.

Agreed, it was a terrible performance. We need more guns on the list.
Giving Cotch the khyber ain't going to help.

pessimistic_ said:
but why

what magical difference will there be in rance or jack is captain instead ???

Maybe Cotchin can't cope with the pressure.

joegarra said:
Cotchin and first round draft pick for Dangerfield ???? Just putting it out there.

Ha.

This is almost as silly as your opening post.

Every man and his dog knows Paddy Clangerfield is a free agent so you don't need a trade for him.

joegarra said:
Cotchin and first round draft pick for Dangerfield ???? Just putting it out there.

*smile* me! You've taken this loss very badly.
That's even worse than your original post- would be one of the worst trades of all time.

I don't want to trade Cotchin but there is no doubt in my mind that he was a better player at 21 than he is now.

I just don't understand why

Ian4 said:
because it is clear we lack leadership when the heat is on. you could argue its like shuffling the deck chairs of the titanic, but giving someone else a go can only help improve the onfield leadership.

but the like of rance, jack, miles already have good leadership

calling them the official captain or vice captain wont make any difference

Leysy Days said:
Ha.

This is almost as silly as your opening post.

Every man and his dog knows Paddy Clangerfield is a free agent so you don't need a trade for him.
What he said :)

Sintiger said:
I don't want to trade Cotchin but there is no doubt in my mind that he was a better player at 21 than he is now.

The only thing I can see is the captaincy, perhaps even more attention from the taggers who have traditionally gone after Deledio. The gap between his best and worst is the thing that has me gravely concerned, this isn't the first time he's gone missing in a big match and it's starting to look terminal.

the poorest game ever by cotchin and one of the worst games ever by a captain in a final, this is a hard one to make up for, he badly needs more a grade help, benell would be huge for us and danger a dream result.

Slinger said:
*smile* me! You've taken this loss very badly.

I have taken it very badly, we have won as many games as we did in 2013, lost a final after leading, and somehow we are being told we have progressed???? Stats don't lie. And, I fear we may have seen the best of Cotchin.

Reminds me of the Jeff Hogg deal. No chance Chimp will be traded. Just needs assistance and muscle. Looks meeker than Shank did.

Sintiger said:

just my opinion but getting the captaincy at such a young age may not have been good for Chimp.

Sintiger said:

Phantom always said smalls with bouffant hair-dos always peak at 21.

jb03 said:
Phantom always said smalls with bouffant hair-dos always peak at 21.

Wasn't that only when they also had a hand span >13.87% that the average bouffant hair-do small ?

This one comes up every time he has a bad game. We could trade him and then sit back and watch him collect the Premiership medallions, while whoever we get for him doesn't ever quite come up to the mark. Ridiculous suggestion and won't be entertained.

tiges said:
just my opinion but getting the captaincy at such a young age may not have been good for Chimp.
I never believed he should have been made Captain when he was and myself and a few others were smacked over the ear on this forum when we said it. He was too young and it was too much responsibility in such a big club for a young man.

achillesjones said:
Take a deep breath guys. He played injured... obviously.

That's my take on it as well.
Conundrum if it's true. Take the risk and play him and the team isn't psychologically deflated and the opposition don't gain a boost.
Risk and reward. Didn't pay off in this instance. He'll bounce back.