Tom Roach threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Roach threads [Merged]

Re: Back with a bang: Tom Roach

checkside said:
I now have a feeling Roachy will get another year.

Mistake if he does, would rather a Proud or Selwood take his spot on the list at the drop of a hat.

Tigers of Old said:
Braun had an absolute shocker tonight.

Probably thinking of a Grand Finals instead of finals as one poster tried to argue against Roachy that Braun was focused for the finals.

mk33 said:
Tigers of Old said:
Braun had an absolute shocker tonight.
Probably thinking of a Grand Finals instead of finals as one poster tried to argue against Roachy that Braun was focused for the finals.

:hihi :hihi :hihi

Its funny when a player has two shockers in a row...it MUST be due to his own form and has nothing to do with his opponent in both games... ;)

Which Sydney player played on Braun, does anyone know?

Roach will be cut and then rookied. Guarentee it.

Dead set the fact his name is Roach is the ONLY reason he will be at the club in any way shape or form cos he is certainly not there on his merits.... he aint up to it simple as that and should be delisted just as other youngsters have been.

If Roach is wasting a senior list or rookie spot next year will be a poor decision for mine, he is proven not up to it and shown virtually nothing over 3 years and in fact has gone backwards, and if TW was gonna sack Hyde when he arrived he most certainly should have no trouble sacking Roach.

craig's made several posts on this topic...here and elsewhere...all saying the EXACT same thing. It's old news craig, we know what you think...just let it rest, ok?

skybeau said:
craig's made several posts on this topic...here and elsewhere...all saying the EXACT same thing.  It's old news craig, we know what you think...just let it rest, ok?
Well he has got it right.

Lets rookie roach

This maybe from left field but will entertain us while not much is happening!
Lets use the rookie list differently this year, to put a "hold"on to a couple of careers that maybe worth saving.
If we put Roach and jacko on to the rookie list along with angus graham, that would be 3 spots used.So we could still rookie another 3 speculative picks and have a full rookie list of 6.
Why you ask? I'm not convinced theyre careers are over.Remembering cogs and newman won't play a huge roll early on and may not get back to full fitness all year.With a couple other injuries early our depth will be stretched to the max.Roachy got injuried at a bad time this year,I wouldn't mind seeing him giving one more year after all pettifer,hyde and newman had that bit of extra time and are proving very valuable.Roachy could be groomed to play Kane johnson's role when injuried or retired.
Jacko reminds me of an imature racehorse.You can see he has the ability he may just need a bit more time as well.
Surely these 2 kids would be worth rookieing for one year especially since rookies are usually only the leftovers from the draft anyway.
The last few years we never use the full rookie list to our advantage, and the teams that do syd,west coast adelaide bris are doing quite nicely.
Hartigan is in the same boat as well but in saying that i hope we keep him on the main list and he stays injury free and has a great year for us.Of these 3 players you know at least 1 maybe 2 and hopefully 3 will be long term players for us.
That was the nice part!Now for the boys that we could/should get rid of.
Ray hall has no future in a skilled team.He can't do a job on the big boys so why keep him on the list. I'd trade him for pick 50-100 it wouldn't matter.This actually gives us an earlier pick before the rookie draft.If we are keeping Kelvin Moore on the list he has to be groomed to play the position hall was playing or drop him off the list.Kelvin it will be 2007 or never.I'm not convinced on him.
With Howat coming into the team and adding a bit more depth i really don't see a role for tivver.With howat,jon,casserly harts etc pushing for spots and brownie cogs and newwy on the mend he's definately surplus to our needs.A trade of 30-60 would do.
In summary I'd rather give roach,jacko,harts a go then keep hall and tivvers on the list. Only my opinion of course.

Tigers of Old said:
Let's not.

I'd rather see the rookie list used to unearth a gem at Tigerland in the search for a player like Aaron Davey or Michael Johnson. 8)
Well instead of rookieing 2-3 like we usually do lets rookie 6 and we may save 2 careers that maybe worth saving.
Agreed some gems do come out Howat was great last year.We would still have 4 spots for speculative picks.
The odds would be much better if we had picks in the national draft.

richards42 said:
Tigers of Old said:
Let's not.

I'd rather see the rookie list used to unearth a gem at Tigerland in the search for a player like Aaron Davey or Michael Johnson. 8)
Well instead of rookieing 2-3 like we usually do lets rookie 6 and we may save 2 careers that maybe worth saving.
Agreed some gems do come out Howat was great last year.We would still have 4 spots for speculative picks.
The odds would be much better if we had picks in the national draft.
We cant rookie 6 when we will have 2 veterans.

Tigermad2005 said:
skybeau said:
craig's made several posts on this topic...here and elsewhere...all saying the EXACT same thing.  It's old news craig, we know what you think...just let it rest, ok?
Well he has got it right.

Thanx Maddie but it wasnt a big call, blind freddie coulda seen it coming. ;)