Tom Roach threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Roach threads [Merged]

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
At long, long, long long last.

Well deserved. You've done it once this year, this time just stay out of Tucky's way. ;D

And back yourself! Show what the confident Tom Roach who's let off the leash can do. Implant something for good in the back of these naysayers' minds. They don't like it up 'em! :thumbsup

Re: Back with a bang: Tom Roach

This is it Tommy....make or break game.

Terry will give him plenty of game time & best of luck and i'd like to see him play well because atm 2007 is doubtful for Tom Roach.

Jukes Extended said:

Terry will give him plenty of game time & best of luck and i'd like to see him play well because atm 2007 is doubtful for Tom Roach.

I reckon his fate has already been decided Jeremy Jukes, somehow I don't reckon this game will have a huge bearing on his future :-\

Yeah, i agree i suppose it's just wishful thinking.

But if he puts in a Polo type of game (VS Essendon earlier on in the year)
they might change there minds. ;D

struggletown3121 said:
Jukes Extended said:

I reckon his fate has already been decided Jeremy Jukes, somehow I don't reckon this game will have a huge bearing on his future :-\

BTW who is Jeremy Jukes?

You were drafted by Carlton remember??

Only you cunningly changed your surname from Jukes to Dukes.

http://www.footy.com.au/dags/2000/draftoct1999.html

Look at our gun recruiting under the whiz guru Beck in 99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( PS The handbaggers did well though eh? )

Young Tommy wouldn't be getting a sniff in the seniors if we never had a massive injury list.

Work it out & do the maths.

would be good to see him do well, but i think he's a decent chance to stay on the list anyway. with a few retirements already not too many need to be delisted, and i think
-Moore
-Humm
-Limbach
-Rodan
would all come before him in that respect anyway

geoffryprettyboy said:
Young Tommy wouldn't be getting a sniff in the seniors if we never had a massive injury list.

Disagree, even if Roach is gone why would they give him a farewell gaem and not chubba.

Your playing a quick running team, Hall a tall out, a running Roach in.

No bearing on next year. Would like to see him get  a Raines one year deal.

SCOOP said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Disagree, even if Roach is gone why would they give him a farewell gaem and not chubba.

Your playing a quick running team, Hall a tall out, a running Roach in.

No bearing on next year. Would like to see him get  a Raines one year deal.

I have given no indication that Tommy is getting the chop. Anyway, a farewell game is ridiculous for a player that has played very little games and secondly, it's not the right time to finalise the team list.

As mentioned before if Tommy does get the chop he should be rookie listed.

ahem, lets just wait til we see who runs out on the ground come saturday 2pm huh?

Should be delisted aint up to it and went backwards after showing early promise.

Woulda rather seen Limbach, McGuane or Casserly get a run for the sake of it, instead of wasting a game on someone who must be or should be at the acme of the cull list.

craig said:
Should be delisted aint up to it and went backwards after showing early promise.

Woulda rather seen Limbach, McGuane or Casserly get a run for the sake of it, instead of wasting a game on someone who must be or should be at the acme of the cull list.

Yeah would like to have given Cas a taste however I said the same about Polo in Rd 22 last year.

I think we will see a lot of Cas in the seniors in 2007 :clap

I personal believe his position is still in the balance. It could come down to who is traded, retired or delisted to make room for the up coming draft.

I know he was keen in returning after round 12 but for the years he has been at the club he has only notched up 10 games. This is not in his favour. Time will tell & I hope he ceases the oppotunity if i ain't to late already.

Knock 'em dead Roachy