Tiges vs Aints - Rnd 22 2024 Game day thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges vs Aints - Rnd 22 2024 Game day thread

Three goals directly by Vlastuin, three by Nank.

Leaders have been horrible today.
Playing frustrated n grumpy footy. After all the *smile* we've produced this year it's no surprise that a couple of the blokes are seriously pissed off.
Blokes work their arses off trying to set something up n get some game going and we constantly butcher the efforts on the way forward resulting in coast to coast turnovers.

Reactions: 1 user
Sack them
Let them work 6 days a week to earn 60k
Give them all a month of what Belly Ache gives gives the newbie Storm players so they fully understand the privilege of being a well paid athlete instead of a working class bum.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Lowest amount of tackles in any game since 2006.

Yze blamed it on the game style of the Saints.

Seriously?
Haaarrgh. So it's the Saints fault that they played their style of controlled n skilled switch footy instead of our style of completely incompetent no pressure, turn over, butchery footy n gave us a belting.
Well FMD Ouzo, might be time to try some Boubon or Vodka to help you see n think a little clearer.

• Love
A positive was Vlastuin taking the opportunity to give it to Higgins. No love lost there.
Who gives up a 1st rounder for him, while there was Oscar Allen, Daniels Taylor and the Viking were all available.
they were still pissed at 2017 draft.

I just remembered one comment near the end of the game that made me laugh. There were 2 kids sitting nearby in the row in front of me with their dad. They wouldn’t have been more than 10 years old. They were all st Kilda supporters. I can’t remember the incident but it resulted in the saints getting a free kick and having a shot for goal. When the umpire blew the whistle for the free, one of the kids turns to their dad and just blurts out “ gee. The umpires really hate Richmond “
From the mouths of babes :ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Just trying to find some positives from yesterday, there wasn't too many. Banks and Trezise played their best games for the club, and their disposal was quite good, apart from an OOTF from Trezise. Bauer kicked a couple of goals from limited opportunities.

Surely Blight plays against the Hawks, give Smith a full game.

Positives:
I thought for parts of the 1st half we played well.
Banks and Trezise played their best games of AFL football.
Mansell was effective up the ground.
Bauer showed more glimpses.
DRioli boosted his trade value.
The game ended.
The season is closer to being over.

Reactions: 4 users
Never gets the credit he deserves.
Ross Lyon spoke in glowing terms about Nank after we played them in Gather Round, saying that he’s the sort of player you’d go to the footy to watch.
I think he’s been one our most important and influential players of the past 40 years

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn’t watch a reply of that game even if they paid me.

It was horrible

We want to move the ball with speed by quick chain handballs. However our execution is poor and we get caught, turn it over and the opposition waltz into goal.

What’s more alarming is when we don’t have the ball. Very little pressure on the opposition who seem to have endless space and options.
I was indisposed for the match and could only read the comments. When I was released from hospital I did watch the game and to be honest, I wish I had taken your advice! It was that grim!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
What do our coaching teams actually do? Our basic skills level is barely one step above Oz Kick, we make little or no effort, play bruise free footy and have a conveyer belt full of repetitive unforced errors that even poor teams are able to take advantage of. I am still trying to work out our game plans. Finally, it comes to something when inexperienced cubs show more drive, intent and leadership than most of our established players. End of rant!