Tiges vs Aints - Rnd 22 2024 Game day thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges vs Aints - Rnd 22 2024 Game day thread

Derm is spot on.

Blight might be a bit out of AFL fitness, but he can play. Proved it against the Blues duo when they and the Blues were running hot.
Blight was quite good v Blues but not v Freo. He's not needed in our AFL team yet so let him continue his development, fitness and confidence in the 2's. By today's stats that's exactly what is happening. I don't see much point in playing him in the firsts until he has done a solid pre-season. He will be at Richmond next year and for a few year's after.

Reactions: 1 users
A positive was Vlastuin taking the opportunity to give it to Higgins. No love lost there.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I couldve done what yze did today. He sat on the bench just watching.
He looked lost and out of his depth.
No more Balme No more Gale.
From outside it looks like his on his own.
Senior Coach walks out mid season, unheard off.
And last week assistant coach gets told fo back his bags.
Shut your eyes we are back to 1986
"I couldve done what yze did today. He sat on the bench just watching." Ken Hinkley has coaching that way for years!

Reactions: 1 user
Tackles were 15-10 I think at quarter time, it was flashed up on the screen at the ground, might have been early in the 2nd quarter.

Some of it was down to the Saints gameplan, can't tackle when they constantly are allowed to kick 10-15m and the umps just blow their whistle and call mark. Horrendous gameplan but they were kings of the short pass today. The irony of it, was a few rows in front of me this Saints fan kept yelling out nice 5m pass when we did a short one, must have missed all the short kicks they were getting away with.

So yeah, some of it was down to the game style of the Saints, bear in mind they only had 34 (7 more) so it wasn't a high tackling game, because of the keepings off footy that was going on for most of the game. We tried to play similar but our kicking skills were poor, and we have the ball away way too easily.

I actually wasn't particularly annoyed at the ground. I actually started buying into the trade players theory. The Saints never actually bottomed out, and geez their list is in an almighty mess. We were rubbish for most of the day and they struggled to beat us and needed a fair bit of umpiring assistance (who were at their anti Tiger best today) to get over the line. I'd hate to be a Saints supporter, haven't won a flag for nearly 60 years and there isn't much to look forward to.
Holy f*** a measured post - somebody frame this thing! Well done mate.

First game I’ve come home from going “oh dear”… and I was at the Geelong massacre back in the day. There was nothing to see and think, that’ll be good in a year or so, or he looks the goods…. Just nothing…. Very worrying

What awful game & deserved to be a the Dump. Young lot just have to muscle up.

Reactions: 1 user
God saints supporters are delusionally arrogant when they have no right to be. Sat through the whole shocking game. They were lucky they were playing us. One supporter was unbearable after half time. If there is such a thing as a bad winner, this guy was it. He was just relentlessly bagging us the whole game. As I left, I turned to him and ‘Go and enjoy watching the black and white highlights of your only premiership. I’m going home and will have to decide which one of our premierships to watch, and whether to watch the DVD or bluray versions”
Saints fan seems to really have it in for the Tigers - like a bunch of super-angry Karens, moaning and complaining about all their perceived benefits the ALF gives the tigers, how the AFL and umpires cheated in 2017 blah blah. My theory is that we were crap for ages, like them. But unlike them (who blew it when they were loaded up with talent) - we actually took our chances and won 3 premierships. And because of that, and they really resent the mighty Tigers and their success.
I look forward to going past them again in a few years.

Reactions: 4 users
Saints fan seems to really have it in for the Tigers - like a bunch of super-angry Karens, moaning and complaining about all their perceived benefits the ALF gives the tigers, how the AFL and umpires cheated in 2017 blah blah. My theory is that we were crap for ages, like them. But unlike them (who blew it when they were loaded up with talent) - we actually took our chances and won 3 premierships. And because of that, and they really resent the mighty Tigers and their success.
I look forward to going past them again in a few years.
Rubbish club. An embarrassment. One flag in nearly 130 years and that was by a solitary point from the ugliest kick you’d ever see. Have made losing an art form. Send them to Tassie and rename them the Tasmania Devils. Will save a lot of work for everyone.

Rubbish club. An embarrassment. One flag in nearly 130 years and that was by a solitary point from the ugliest kick you’d ever see. Have made losing an art form. Send them to Tassie and rename them the Tasmania Devils. Will save a lot of work for everyone.
Without Wossy! Can't stand their game plan. That is some seriously ugly football.

Does anyone know when our last Marvel win was?
Have we ever lost 8 games in a row twice in a season as we have just done?
Can't wait for these two weeks to be over.

Our low tackle count and lack of any form of defensive pressure is why players of poor quality like Paddy Dow look like Paddy Dangerfield against us each week. The whole coaching team have to focus on the team now doing the one per centers right. If you can’t do the basics right which just require hard work and effort then everything else falls apart no matter how good the game plan is.

Nank isn’t the problem it’s the fact he doesn’t have any support or backup. He will throw in stinkers every now and then because of exhaustion. Nank could possibly of played another 100 games in his career, but won’t as he carries most of the load. He should be second ruck now bc of his height , but we don’t have anyone near an acceptable standard in this area. Ryan is a *smile* mess and Nanks must be deflated seeing him named by the MC.

Just trying to find some positives from yesterday, there wasn't too many. Banks and Trezise played their best games for the club, and their disposal was quite good, apart from an OOTF from Trezise. Bauer kicked a couple of goals from limited opportunities.

Surely Blight plays against the Hawks, give Smith a full game.

Last edited: