Tiges vs Aints - Rnd 22 2024 Game day thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges vs Aints - Rnd 22 2024 Game day thread

I wouldn’t watch a reply of that game even if they paid me.

It was horrible.

We want to move the ball with speed by quick chain handballs. However our execution is poor and we get caught, turn it over and the opposition waltz into goal.

What’s more alarming is when we don’t have the ball. Very little pressure on the opposition who seem to have endless space and options.

Reactions: 1 users
He’s not wrong. It’s the worst, combined with our lack of energy now, so yes a very low tackle game.

Almost as bruise free and tackle free as you can get. Injuries won't be an excuse next year what then.

Im happy to wait another season but surely the expectation that simple basics of the game will dramatically improve.

Reactions: 2 users
Our tackling and general pressure has been poor all year. Worrying....
It's been so bad.

You don't need talent to harass and tackle. Just work rate and intent.

I don't know whether Ooze can coach or not, but his statement about deflecting our low tackle count onto the opposition is very concerning.

Reactions: 3 users
Lowest amount of tackles in any game since 2006.

Yze blamed it on the game style of the Saints.

Seriously?

Tackles were 15-10 I think at quarter time, it was flashed up on the screen at the ground, might have been early in the 2nd quarter.

Some of it was down to the Saints gameplan, can't tackle when they constantly are allowed to kick 10-15m and the umps just blow their whistle and call mark. Horrendous gameplan but they were kings of the short pass today. The irony of it, was a few rows in front of me this Saints fan kept yelling out nice 5m pass when we did a short one, must have missed all the short kicks they were getting away with.

So yeah, some of it was down to the game style of the Saints, bear in mind they only had 34 (7 more) so it wasn't a high tackling game, because of the keepings off footy that was going on for most of the game. We tried to play similar but our kicking skills were poor, and we have the ball away way too easily.

I actually wasn't particularly annoyed at the ground. I actually started buying into the trade players theory. The Saints never actually bottomed out, and geez their list is in an almighty mess. We were rubbish for most of the day and they struggled to beat us and needed a fair bit of umpiring assistance (who were at their anti Tiger best today) to get over the line. I'd hate to be a Saints supporter, haven't won a flag for nearly 60 years and there isn't much to look forward to.

Reactions: 7 users
It's been so bad.

You don't need talent to harass and tackle. Just work rate and intent.

I don't know whether Ooze can coach or not, but his statement about deflecting our low tackle count onto the opposition is very concerning.
Yep. Been saying that all year.

There's a bad bad lack of energy in this group.

Reactions: 2 users
Derrmie, was Blight play in our 2's today .
Said he had 15 intercept marks and they need to play him last 2 games .

God saints supporters are delusionally arrogant when they have no right to be. Sat through the whole shocking game. They were lucky they were playing us. One supporter was unbearable after half time. If there is such a thing as a bad winner, this guy was it. He was just relentlessly bagging us the whole game. As I left, I turned to him and ‘Go and enjoy watching the black and white highlights of your only premiership. I’m going home and will have to decide which one of our premierships to watch, and whether to watch the DVD or bluray versions”

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
God saints supporters are delusionally arrogant when they have no right to be. Sat through the whole shocking game. They were lucky they were playing us. One supporter was unbearable after half time. If there is such a thing as a bad winner, this guy was it. He was just relentlessly bagging us the whole game. As I left, I turned to him and ‘Go and enjoy watching the black and white highlights of your only premiership. I’m going home and will have to decide which one of our premierships to watch, and whether to watch the DVD or bluray versions”
They are the most irrelevant team in the league

Reactions: 1 user
Tackles were 15-10 I think at quarter time, it was flashed up on the screen at the ground, might have been early in the 2nd quarter.

Some of it was down to the Saints gameplan, can't tackle when they constantly are allowed to kick 10-15m and the umps just blow their whistle and call mark. Horrendous gameplan but they were kings of the short pass today. The irony of it, was a few rows in front of me this Saints fan kept yelling out nice 5m pass when we did a short one, must have missed all the short kicks they were getting away with.

So yeah, some of it was down to the game style of the Saints, bear in mind they only had 34 (7 more) so it wasn't a high tackling game, because of the keepings off footy that was going on for most of the game. We tried to play similar but our kicking skills were poor, and we have the ball away way too easily.

I actually wasn't particularly annoyed at the ground. I actually started buying into the trade players theory. The Saints never actually bottomed out, and geez their list is in an almighty mess. We were rubbish for most of the day and they struggled to beat us and needed a fair bit of umpiring assistance (who were at their anti Tiger best today) to get over the line. I'd hate to be a Saints supporter, haven't won a flag for nearly 60 years and there isn't much to look forward to.
Tigers have lowest average tackles per game in the league at 50. 27 to 34 is unfathomable. Just shows both teams were going through the motions. Would have thought some players with their careers on the line would want to be making a statement right now.

Reactions: 1 users