Tigers v Blues ... Game day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Blues ... Game day

Putrid game, shocking to watch. Would be less painful sticking pins in your eyes.

I don't know what it is but RFC players just can not switch on for games against inferior opposition. It's unfathomable how we can play so well against Freo and Sydney in the second half then dish up garbage like the past two weeks against Carlton and GWS. Percentage is always important and could play a huge part in where we finish; Collingwood has got 10% on us and we missed a big opportunity. The good news is that we played crap and still won; in the past we would have dropped both of the past two games.

But if we are going to make finals and have an impact Newman, Morris and Gordon must be replaced. 100% passengers all three. Can't have them in the same team let alone the same forward line. How Hardwick thinks it's a good idea to play these 3 in the forward line beggars belief.

This is strange, but I love watching dour struggles with heaps of errors, as long as we win.

That moment when something actually goes to plan and we score is very cathartic

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Richmond and West Coast (7-5 and 4-3) are the only clubs with positive records when younger than the opposition this year. Young and brave Collingwood are 4-5, and the fabulous rebuilding Saints are 0-6. Good signs.

What an epic stat. What can't go unnoticed is that we have been the younger team in 12 of 14 games

Ridley said:
I don't know what it is but RFC players just can not switch on for games against inferior opposition. It's unfathomable how we can play so well against Freo and Sydney in the second half then dish up garbage like the past two weeks against Carlton and GWS.

Last year we weren't very impressive v Brisbane, GWS & St.Kilda while winning nine in a row. Think we're learning the art of getting through a long season and having something extra in hand for the games that demand it.

This club is coming of age.

antman said:
This is strange, but I love watching dour struggles with heaps of errors, as long as we win.

That moment when something actually goes to plan and we score is very cathartic

relate to what yr saying Ant. we didn't get much mojo or out of 3rd gear and won. last week we got it when we needed to and won. points on the board, and as the boys said - "no apologies for winning". maybe its all part of the masterplan? do what we need to and beat the teams we should beat, and save energy for the likes of Hawks, Swans, et al.. ha! ;)

BluesBloke said:
The Blues were poor and the Tiges deserved to win...but that was one of the worst decisions Ive ever seen. Just putrid. As text book to a contested pack mark as one could see. Hope the d1ckbrain is umpiring up the country next weekend.

Do they send them bush these days? Everyone at AFL are very precious these days so maybe VFL is the most humiliation they will bear?

Sorry BluesBloke, agree Kruz marked it but you can't say textbook, he came over the top and with longer reach marked it from the in front Vlassy..

Vlassy didn't even touch it until they were well on their was down, howler of a decision but hardly a textbook mark, it actually was a bloody ripper, poor bugger!

BluesBloke said:
The Blues were poor and the Tiges deserved to win...but that was one of the worst decisions Ive ever seen. Just putrid. As text book to a contested pack mark as one could see. Hope the d1ckbrain is umpiring up the country next weekend.
Best part of that was Flossy never even blinked. Got up n took his kick just as if he'd actually marked it, totally professional.
Surprised there was even a handful of Blues supporters in the crowd bothered hanging around to let the Umpy know all about it.

Bennnny said:
Morris blanked Yarra. Did his job.

Nah sorry he didn't. Whatever a player's role you have to have more influence yourself than 3 handballs in a whole game. At the pointy end of the season you can't carry players like Morris. We were playing a bottom side.

tigerlove said:
Nah sorry he didn't. Whatever a player's role you have to have more influence yourself than 3 handballs in a whole game. At the pointy end of the season you can't carry players like Morris. We were playing a bottom side.
Yeah, from what I could see on the telly Morris didn't "restrict" Yarran, Yarran just had a shocker.

AFLCA
10 Rance
8 Grigg
5 Cotchin
3 Ellis
2 Riewoldt
1 Deledio, Hampson

First time we've won all the votes since R10 v GWS last year.

Season
49 Cotchin (eq 8th)
36 Edwards, Martin (eq 15th)
27 Ellis, Rance (eq 35th)
23 Riewoldt (eq 54th)
19 Houli (eq 72nd)
16 Grigg (eq 87th)
12 Deledio (eq 112th)
10 Miles (eq 125th)
7 Hunt (eq 152nd)
5 McIntosh (eq 180th)
4 Maric (eq 195th)
3 Vlastuin (eq 214th)
1 Hampson (eq 259th/281)

tigerlove said:
Was nowhere near as bad as some were going on about. Didn't someone say it was his worst 25 disposal game ever?

certainly was not better than Cotchin, Riewoldt and Deledio in my view, however one of the coaches saw it that way giving Ellis 3rd best after only Rance and Grigg

The other coach did not have Ellis in his Top 5

Everybody's favourite - Mark Maclure - birthday today! :birthday

Everybody wish him happy 60th birthday. :rofl