Tigers v Blues ... Game day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Blues ... Game day

23.21.159 said:
I think it would go something like ...

Q. Who kicked five goals against Richmond?
A. Carlton.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Our defence is now very reliable, they stack well against any in the comp.

Our top five in disposal efficiency were all defenders.

Cotchin made an interesting comment last night about being taught never to apologise for winning.

It would be great if 18/24 looked aesthetically pleasing and had everybody singing our praises, but I'm kinda glad it doesn't.

Richmond and West Coast (7-5 and 4-3) are the only clubs with positive records when younger than the opposition this year. Young and brave Collingwood are 4-5, and the fabulous rebuilding Saints are 0-6. Good signs.

Tigers of Old said:
I thought our backline was amazing tonight. They having the makings of a premiership back 6. :eek:

Conversely at the other end of the ground, Newman, Gordon & Morris are a comedy act.

This is why we can't bury teams once we get a run on - needs our attention and before the finals

Whats will all these wankers (Tim Watson, gary Lyon et all) who seem to be takeing great pains to voice their views that Vickers should get several weeks for an accidental head clash. Big J. Brown seems to be his only real advocate at the moment. Hell when u put that up against Franklin, Tippet, Shutlz it seems insignificant....

Tigers of Old said:
I thought our backline was amazing tonight. They having the makings of a premiership back 6. :eek:

Conversely at the other end of the ground, Newman, Gordon & Morris are a comedy act.

Hampson was sensational. 2nd best on ground for mine. Has Ivvy had a game like that all year?!?

Jack's work rate continues to amaze. In career best form.

Titch clearly will be a gigantic loss for us. In a hugely conservative lineup, he's one of our few who actually looks to make things happen in a game. :( :(

It was one of the worst games of football I have attended in 10 years. Almost nothing to get excited about apart from a 10 minute burst.
Errors galore by both sides. 36 footballers swarming around the contest. Ugly, horrible spectacle. Whilst relieved to get the 4 points, I barely celebrated the win and couldn't wait to get to the car.

Agree with all this ToOehys...thought hampsons game was as good as we have had from a ruckman this year. If he hadve kicked one of those goals it wouldve been a superb effort. The guy certainly knows how to hit out to advantage. As for morris, newman and Gordon. ..geez I am lost for words. We are carrying all three of them. Time for lennon, McDonough, mcbean, ellis and knights to start playing these roles...surely last night was obvious enough fot the coaching staff.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Cotchin made an interesting comment last night about being taught never to apologise for winning.

It would be great if 18/24 looked aesthetically pleasing and had everybody singing our praises, but I'm kinda glad it doesn't.

Richmond and West Coast (7-5 and 4-3) are the only clubs with positive records when younger than the opposition this year. Young and brave Collingwood are 4-5, and the fabulous rebuilding Saints are 0-6. Good signs.

Surely the Saints were younger than Dads army Essendon last week?

jb03 said:
Surely the Saints were younger than Dads army Essendon last week?

No, 25.55 v 25.31.

Fisher ~33
Riewoldt 32
Montagna 31
Dempster 31
Schneider 31
Ray 29
Gilbert ~29

They have a list chasm between 23-27 which contains very little.

Hard to play good footy with 3 players down.

Morris, Newman, Gordon are pathetic.

Does Dimma really believe these clowns are good enough to play finals?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Good stat L2R2R

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
No, 25.55 v 25.31.

Fisher ~33
Riewoldt 32
Montagna 31
Dempster 31
Schneider 31
Ray 29
Gilbert ~29

They have a list chasm between 23-27 which contains very little.
This is Lyon's legacy. Scott Watters also spoke about it during his time there.

Last night was an uninspiring game and I agree with others that the call has to be made on Newman, Morris and Gordon. They aren't AFL standard. Gordon looked okay last week, but that's more the exception than the rule with him. Newman and Gordon aren't hard to solve. Retire one and delist the other, Steve's a problem because he has two years remaining on his contract and no one else would be interested in him. The only thing to do is keep him around playing for the VFL, maybe even as captain, and only give him a senior gig when injuries force their hand.

What I did like about Richmond last night is that we did what so many other good sides have done to us over the years. We turned on a 10 - 15 minute burst that blew the Blues out of it. Once we went 6 goals up in the 3rd, they were never going to come back from it. It's similar to what happened last week with GWS. They gave it a crack, but were never able to establish a substantial lead and we rolled over them in the last quarter. I've seen Richmond on the end of this for years and I like that we're turning it around.

It was a crap game, but I can't take this worst game ever stuff that has been thrown around here. Seen way worse ones. Does anyone not remember the 100 point beltings from Essendon, Carlton, Sydney, even the Bulldogs. We played badly, they played worse and we came away with the 4 points and 5th spot on the ladder.

waiting said:
Gee Kruezer is a player.

That was a mark.

Umpires have been poor
The Blues were poor and the Tiges deserved to win...but that was one of the worst decisions Ive ever seen. Just putrid. As text book to a contested pack mark as one could see. Hope the d1ckbrain is umpiring up the country next weekend.

BluesBloke said:
The Blues were poor and the Tiges deserved to win...but that was one of the worst decisions Ive ever seen. Just putrid. As text book to a contested pack mark as one could see. Hope the d1ckbrain is umpiring up the country next weekend.
You were absolutely dudded there. Vlastuin needs to go out and buy a Tatts ticket while his luck is still in.

I think someone mentioned it earlier but there is a distinct lack of buzz over the last few games. When Hardwick was forced to play Ellis, Mendaue, McBean, etc there seemed to be a different feel. I just hope the wins aren't papering over issues with certain players (we all know who) that will come back and bite us big time in the finals when it matters.

Disco said:
I think someone mentioned it earlier but there is a distinct lack of buzz over the last few games. When Hardwick was forced to play Ellis, Mendaue, McBean, etc there seemed to be a different feel. I just hope the wins aren't papering over issues with certain players (we all know who) that will come back and bite us big time in the finals when it matters.
I don't think we've seen the last of those players this season. Hardwick's July Big Boys month comment seems to indicate that he thinks he requires hardened, mature bodies to get through this period of the season, hence picking the likes of Newman and Morris (don't be surprised to see Thomas come into the side over the next fee weeks as well) to ensure that he's keeping the talented kids relatively fresh for when they'll be needed later this season. Some injuries have also forced his hand.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Facts don't sell papers. Young and brave :hihi