The road to the 2024 super draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The road to the 2024 super draft

Drafting is a lottery.

At least we have a lot of tickets. But we'd be lucky to get 1-2 A graders and 2-3 solid citizens.
Very realistic view.

Given the current state of our youth, we probably need 4 200+ gamers this draft, 2 of those being All-Australian level.

I’d definitely be trading up if possible because regardless of how “super” the draft supposedly is, the best players are nearly always found at the pointy end of the draft.

Reactions: 3 users
Very realistic view.

Given the current state of our youth, we probably need 4 200+ gamers this draft, 2 of those being All-Australian level.

I’d definitely be trading up if possible because regardless of how “super” the draft supposedly is, the best players are nearly always found at the pointy end of the draft.
post deleted, I was talking *smile*

Very realistic view.

What happens if we don't pick any good players in this draft & they're all busts?

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Very realistic view.

That last sentence made me think where the members of AA team were drafted:
Blakey (10) Weitering (1). Ryan (66)
Zorko (GC zone selection) McGovern (44 rookie ) Houston (45 rookie)
Gulden (32) Bontempelli (4) Daicos (4)
Gawn (34) Cripps (13) Serong (8)
Warner (39) Cameron (GWS underage selection) Heeney (18)
Waterman (77) Hogan (2 mini draft) Moore (67)

Whitfield 1) Neale (58) Treloar (underage selection) Butters (12)

So 12 first rounders, 7 junk pickers and 3 in the 30’s. Interesting how 4 of the back 6 are junk pickers.

Reactions: 2 users

So 12 first rounders, 7 junk pickers and 3 in the 30’s. Interesting how 4 of the back 6 are junk pickers.
Historically, pick 1 and pick 2 have produced an All-Australian every 2.1 picks!

There are no guarantees in life and definitely not in the draft but pick 1 and 2 are about as close as it gets.

Reactions: 2 users
I would be surprised if we took more than 6 players in the ND this year.

Think we use 2 picks to trade up somewhere and trade another into next year.

A lottery there is no control.

With drafting we can play the odds.
And the odds say picks1 and 2 are the most likely yv.

Reactions: 1 user

Blakey Gulden and Heeney wouldve gone higher if not academy picks.

Ryan Mcgovern and Houston all undersized and or not athletic enough. But all 3 have elite reading.
Its the spot where footballer trumps athlete

I never liked thinking of people as numbers, but the draft has taught me that converting numbers into people isn't any better