The Potential Trading Of McMahon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Potential Trading Of McMahon

Smoking Aces

GOAT Week!
Sep 21, 2007
With reports in the paper and rumours floating about that McMahon will be traded and a possible suitor being St. Kilda, what would be the realistic (lets try and stay away from the cheese sandwich) trade that we can expect?

If St. Kilda is genuinley interested would they part with their 2nd round pick (No. 31/32) with the proviso we pay majority of his salary? Or is it a case of take what you can eg St. Kildas 4th round pick (No. 73/74)?

I'll throw in a packet of tim tams...

Im sorry but its hard to get past the " just move him on" bit..

I'd take what we could get, but I would not pay any of his salary. Those deals smell.

I think that will be the arrangement.

Jordan McMahon to St.Kilda for Pick 33 with Richmond paying a certain amount of the salary.

We have the Cap room to facilitate paying a percentage of the salary, whilst getting a earlyishpick.

Here's hoping this one gets done mate.

Tigerbob said:
I think that will be the arrangement.

Jordan McMahon to St.Kilda for Pick 33 with Richmond paying a certain amount of the salary.

We have the Cap room to facilitate paying a percentage of the salary, whilst getting a earlyishpick.

Here's hoping this one gets done mate.
No doubt if that deal eventuates we have done very well.

Smoking Aces said:
No doubt if that deal eventuates we have done very well.

If any deal eventuates we have done very well. Even VFL sides wouldn't want McMahon in their team.

Tigers of Old said:
McMuffin for 33?

:rotfl

Salary or no salary, sorry I can't see it.
More than fesible To0 if you take into account one thing.
a).Pick 33,s worth this year.

Tigers of Old said:
McMuffin for 33?

:rotfl

Salary or no salary, sorry I can't see it.
I the bet Doggies supporters were doing the same thing when they first heard that we might give up pick 19 for him. And you know how it all ended!
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
More than fesible To0 if you take into account one thing.
a).Pick 33,s worth this year.
Exactly. Probably equivalent to a pick in the 50's in any other draft.

Can anyone remember any contracted players being delisted by us? Gas goes close being re-signed then told he virtually wasn't required but misses on a technicality.

rosy23 said:
Can anyone remember any contracted players being delisted by us? Gas goes close being re-signed then told he virtually wasn't required but misses on a technicality.

I'm pretty sure we delisted Carl Peterson after only one year of his two year draftee contract.

Sanchez has his own board dedicated to him over at : http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?showforum=18

I wasn't asking for any reason to do with Jordy ToO. It was a genuine general question. I can't think of any contracted players being delisted and am interested to know if others can.

Max said:
I'm pretty sure we delisted Carl Peterson after only one year of his two year draftee contract.

Interesting thanks Max. I just did a forum search and it seems we had to get special permission from the AFLPA to delist Carl while he was still contracted.

rosy23 said:
I wasn't asking for any reason to do with Jordy ToO. It was a genuine general question. I can't think of any contracted players being delisted and am interested to know if others can.

Sorry rosy, misunderstood.
You'd have to be pretty bad for a club to pay your contract for a season just to get you out of the place. Jordy almost fits the bill.

Tigers of Old said:
Sorry rosy, misunderstood.
You'd have to be pretty bad for a club to pay your contract for a season just to get you out of the place. Jordy almost fits the bill.

Jordy DOES fit the bill for that.

Barnzy said:
Jordy DOES fit the bill for that.

Can't say I disagree Barnzy but I can't see why the Aint's would be looking to take him on for pick 33 (or 50 for that matter) despite us paying for him.
If they want him at all they should pick just him up in the PSD if we were to delist & pay him out.

rosy23 said:

Rodan