Team to meet Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet Brisbane

hopper said:
Moore looked like he will struggle to come up. With Brown out though, we might not need to replace him with a tall. Thursfield would get the nob if Bris look to bring in a tall forward.

Griffiths will play if they are looking to get games into him, but Polak may take his spot if they are going purely on form.

Can't see Tambling being dropped, but he would have Nahas and Webberley breathing down his neck.

I'd expect no chances taken with Foley now, if he's up to a gallop, maybe a half at Coburg wouldn't be a bad thing before the break.

I think DH's preference would be to make minimal changes to a winning combo.

Bit tough giving Thursty the nob I thought......

Think Foley may not play until after the break Tambling maybe rested also with the shoulder not sure about how Moore has come up. Wouldn't mind Polak getting a gig at CHF maybe for Astbury?

OUT - Tambling(inj) Moore(inj) Astbury

IN - Webberley Thursfield Polak

King McGuane Newman
Connors Thursfield Deledio
Edwards Jackson Webberley
Martin Polak White
Collins Riewoldt Nason
Graham Tuck Cotchin
Vickery Griffiths Farmer Cousins

where is Trojan Troy Taylor? Maybe its time to up the ante with the Taylor Reiwoldt Griffiths forward line. JR could kick 15 ;D

Taylor in for Astbury (rest and learn craft at Coburg)

tigergollywog said:
where is Trojan Troy Taylor? Maybe its time to up the ante with the Taylor Reiwoldt Griffiths forward line. JR could kick 15 ;D

Plus Ive got front row seats on the wing at the Gabba Sat night and want to see TT bounding around. cant wait to see The Beast in real life too. Also got to buy three iron-on No.8's for the kids jumpers too!

tigergollywog said:

Sorry but can't agree with that given Astbury has been playing CHB for us
Taylor was recovering from a knee injury, came back and played at Coburg for a week and was then rubbed out for high contact on a front on bump
Give him a chance to at least get some match fitness, he's shown some ok form at Coburg, but he needs to show some more first

Tigers of Old said:
Why anyone would want to drop Astbury is beyond me. :headscratch

He kept Kennedy to 2 goals.

He stays for the rest of the year. We need him to get to 50 games ASAP.

wayne said:

Fair enough. I'm yet to see the WC win. I was going on the previous few where he didnt disgrace himself but looked a bit green and like he could use some education in the twos.

It's not like an Astbury needs to prove he has a heart or a brain. Needs his education in the ones.

with the attention jack will get we will need another tall fwrd down there..so either tyron and graham rest down there..or polak or morton come in..tho at who,s expense??griffiths or collins??
tambling...did a few good things,but not enough..webberely or polo deserve another shot..
if moore is inj then surely thursfeild com,es in
i cant see anyone else being dropped...paret of the reason for our improvement lately has been those smaller running guys ..white,farmer,nason, king and edwards, have really impressed lately..so i cant see any of them going

This game is definitely winnable based on current form.
The young Tiges are up and about & they're getting the taste for it.
Boy will Voss will be under the pump if the Lions go down...we can only hope.

wayne said:

Kennedy played very well. Kennedy had 4 assists, so was involved in 6 of West Coast's 11 goals. Thought he was beaten well on the night Astbury but what a learning experience for him. Happy for the learning experience to continue.