Team to meet Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet Brisbane

Sir said:
I'm glad someone finally pointed out that Moore hobbled off on crutches.

So there is an automatic out (unless a miracle occurs)

Shame really - he was playing very well.

Griffiths barely touched it. But should he go? No - he needs game time.

Some have defended Tambling - but SOMETHING is WRONG.

His pace is clearly lacking - having said that his game was still solid.

Astbury still played Ok.

A the much maligned King, Edwards and White can all hold their head's high tonight.

Hmmmmmm

Changes???

Don't know.

Griffiths did quite a bit off the ball that alot of people at home didn't see on TV or at the ground for that matter.
Worked very hard at times. ;)
Isn't going anywhere if fit.

Hes My Hero said:
Griffiths did quite a bit off the ball that alot of people at home didn't see on TV or at the ground for that matter.

Ta - good to hear :clap

Hes My Hero said:

I didn't see him do anything extraordinary off the ball myself.

I might have been too focused on Jack to take notice though 8)

Foley surely won't be risked on an interstate jaunt the week before the bye

Webberley for Kel Moore if his ankle doesn't come up, otherwise vote of confidence for the winning 22, though I'd think Tambling would be looking over his shoulder a little

Polak as an emergency just in case

Moore looked like he will struggle to come up. With Brown out though, we might not need to replace him with a tall. Thursfield would get the nob if Bris look to bring in a tall forward.

Griffiths will play if they are looking to get games into him, but Polak may take his spot if they are going purely on form.

Can't see Tambling being dropped, but he would have Nahas and Webberley breathing down his neck.

I'd expect no chances taken with Foley now, if he's up to a gallop, maybe a half at Coburg wouldn't be a bad thing before the break.

I think DH's preference would be to make minimal changes to a winning combo.

Apart from injuries the only one I'd think of replacing would be Mitch Farmer, give him an easy couple of weeks at Coburg to let him enjoy his matches without the pressure and just tidy up a few things then bring him back up for another bracket of senior games.
I'd also look to give Whitey more of a forward flank role than onball. Gets caught up a bit in heavy traffic trying to find a way through but seems to be a bit more decisive when up forward and heading goalward.

We a chance to win next week? Best slow it down.

In: Webberly, Post, Morton, Roberts

Out: Chimp (rest), Newman (inj back), Moore (inj), Roo (tanking)

Whats the point in playing Polak over Griffiths? Polak has looked good over the last two weeks - and so he should. He is a seasoned AFL player playing against kids (literally against GC). Unfortunately he will not be a KPF in our next premiership team - Griffiths might be.

A big guy like Griff needs to just get plenty of game time. What he did do yesterday was draw his opponent right away from JR by leading high up the ground. In the first half it allowed for a one on one battle for Jack instead of having to battle with a 3rd man up.

Get as many games into him now like what the Hawks did with Roughead who showed very little early on.

Forget Polak.

OUT: Moore (inj), Tambling

IN: Gourdis, Webberley

Don't drop Griffiths - it was his second hit out! Polak played ok for the Burgers, but he'll never be an AFL player again. VFL is where he belongs sadly.

Webberley is a class above the VFL and is a first year player.

Merveille said:
I dont dis-like him, just think he is underdone, needs confidence etc. Polak was huge yesterday, and by all accounts, the week before as well. We lacked across half forward today on occasions.
Polo was a stand-out from the first minute of the game

Please, Polak took a few grabs against some kids. He's a proven failure at AFL level. Leave Griffiths there, he gets a road trip to further his education.

Polo is always good at VFL level, unfortunately he's another who never steps up.

If Moore is out I think we need Post or Thursfield to replace him.

Tambling may be rested, if Foley is ready he's a natural to come in.

BTW, Webberly is another runt, we cannot afford too many midgets. Still haven't seen anything to justify the big wraps he gets from many on here.

Big Cat Lover said:
BTW, Webberly is another runt, we cannot afford too many midgets. Still haven't seen anything to justify the big wraps he gets from many on here.

Webberley is a much better option than Tambling at this stage, and is the same height.

I'm no Tambling basher, I think he still can be a great player, but he just doesn't look right at the moment. Needs a rest.

No change unless Moore is out with his ankle injury.

If Moore is no good then bring back Willy T.

Those asking for Griffiths to be dropped need to remind themselves that we need to get as many games as we can into these kids. Its not about 2010!

Out Moore. In Thursfield or Polo depending on match ups.

Smoking Aces said:
No change unless Moore is out with his ankle injury.

If Moore is no good then bring back Willy T.

Those asking for Griffiths to be dropped need to remind themselves that we need to get as many games as we can into these kids. Its not about 2010!

Agree. With one qualification...

Not sure if its body language or niggles with Tambo but he was disappointing. Webberley was a bit stiff to go and looked good in the magoos.

We can't possibly drop Griffiths - does anyone else realise that he's played in BOTH our winning games?

He's our Good Luck Charm and must NEVER be dropped again!

I have been very critical of Tambling, but thought the way the ball was given to him yesterday was poor.
My change: out Moore, in Thursfield.

Unfortunately, people have forgotten that before Polaks serious injury he was struggling. I think the VFL is where he should stay - he should have done a Jason McCartney after his comeback game and retired then.