Team to meet Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to meet Brisbane

Yes, If we are ever going to find out about Gourdis it is this week with Moore probably injured. We are definitley a chance this week, I would have Nahas back in for Griffiths too to create some tackling pressure, but wouldn't really mind if Griffths kept his spot.

Big Cat Lover said:
Please, Polak took a few grabs against some kids. He's a proven failure at AFL level. Leave Griffiths there, he gets a road trip to further his education.

Polo is always good at VFL level, unfortunately he's another who never steps up.

If Moore is out I think we need Post or Thursfield to replace him.

Tambling may be rested, if Foley is ready he's a natural to come in.

BTW, Webberly is another runt, we cannot afford too many midgets. Still haven't seen anything to justify the big wraps he gets from many on here.

Yes Webberley is a runt, but he is a runt who runs extremely hard and has footy smarts. This means that he will get to the ball before his opponent every time, so the height of his opponent becomes irrelevant!!

Polak was average for the burgers. His kicking at goal was terrible. Webberley was the stand out for the burgers, he was stiff to be dropped in the first place. But i'd think he'd belooking to take nason's sport and nason played another solid game.
Moore will miss, option to replace him are Willy T and Gourdis. Or we could play another running player.

Tambling's attack on the footy was great yesterday, shouldn't be dropped. If it ain't broke, dont fix it!

I would love to see the Goo get a crack, has pace, size and can win the footy, something he has probably got over Will T.

Or Posty, has the ability to go forward or back

Nik said:
We can't possibly drop Griffiths - does anyone else realise that he's played in BOTH our winning games?

He's our Good Luck Charm and must NEVER be dropped again!

Well spotted Nik, was going to post that as well.

There are no real big blokes to come in for the Lions with Brown out again. So we can exploit that - though it will be a cold slippery night game. Fev will lack interest again too if it's cold - geez he's a sook - calls up here for him to play QAFL for a couple of weeks.

Note to those lobbying for Charman last draft/trade period - thanks god we avoided Charman, he's down again for the whole season - kankle again! Modelling beckons Jamie?

I reckon we are a real chance to win this game. Brisbane are struggling, and no Brown is good news for us. It will be hard as they are a better team up there, however I think we can pull it off. Riewoldt is going to receive plenty of attention so we're gonna need players like Nason to kick a few as well. Should be good!!

Great test for Vossy the Coach this week, it will really test his motivation skills as a coach......big chance the kids this week

Big Cat Lover said:
Please, Polak took a few grabs against some kids. He's a proven failure at AFL level. Leave Griffiths there, he gets a road trip to further his education.

Polo is always good at VFL level, unfortunately he's another who never steps up.

If Moore is out I think we need Post or Thursfield to replace him.

Tambling may be rested, if Foley is ready he's a natural to come in.

BTW, Webberly is another runt, we cannot afford too many midgets. Still haven't seen anything to justify the big wraps he gets from many on here.

He was excellent the week before as well Big Cat against pretty good opposition. I understand the want of people to get games into Griffiths, but we are cryying out for another experienced marking option up forward. Jack will have a quiet game soon, maybe a few. I havent written Polak off being a handy pinch-hitter, based on what i have seen recently. His marking is coming back. He is still only 26..?

It all depends I suppose, how many more games do we want to win?

As for Polo, have never been a huge fan, but he was good before he got suspended, and on Saturday he was fair dinkum head and shoulders above them all - including the man everyone loves, Webberly. Dont mind Webberley, bit the raps on here are a bit over the top, I agree..

Out: Moore (inj), Tambling
In: Thursfield/Polo, Webberley

if Kel is out injured, as he should be given doubts about his fitness, then replace him with Polo or Thursfield depending on match-ups.

Thought our best from the Coburg match were Webberley, Polo and Polak. Will started slow but got better during the game. Have to ask whether that was his efforts or the young GC playres dropping off the pace.
Webberley has shown more nous, discipline, effort, confidence, skills and execution than Tambling and should replace him in any fair comparison.

The interesting thing was listening to the radio call of the Dogs-Lions match and they said that without Power and Black there's not much else and it's a bit hard for them to contually carry the team on their backs.
Would be nice to just throw a hard tag on Black with Jackson and Power with King and just work them over with pressure, while letting Martin, Cotchin, Tuck, Cousins, White and Edwards go after the ball.

Geez it's nice to think we are now getting overwhelming numbers at the stoppages, the boys were all simply brutal at the stoppages and loose balls on Sunday

Please no Polak or Thurst Ins. Would rather see Gourdis up forward (as he was drafted) than Polak. They will not IMO be a part of the next premiership team. So with an eye to the future pemeirship team
In Webberly, Polo
Out Tambling, Moore (inj)

tiger1960 said:
I have been very critical of Tambling, but thought the way the ball was given to him yesterday was poor.

Yep, needs it on a silver platter or he can't handle it. Please, no more excuses for Tambling. He has been listed with a shoulder injury out of the game, so, since lack of performance hasnt been a reason to drop him, maybe this now will. Weberley played very well and would like to see him back, assuming Foley is still injured. Otherwise Foley for Tambling is a perfect swap. Griffiths, needs a couple more games for experience, wouldnt drop him right now. Brown is definitely out for a month or so apparently, so the question is, do we need to replace Moore if unfit with another tall? Maybe can sneak in another running player instead to really push Brisbane for leg speed.

Reckon we are a huge chance next week. Brisbane are really struggling with injuries.

Outs:
Farmer - doesn't deserve his spot and hasn't for the past 10 weeks...seems to be DH's love child.
Tamblng - pretty sure he's carrying a very slight hammy in the glute area...should be rested, then made to earn his spot back via coburg
Moore - if injured.

Ins:
Webberley
Polo
One of Polak or promote Gourids

Wouldnt be surprised if Nason gets rested to give him 2 weeks off. If that's the case, Nahas will get another go this week.

GoodOne said:
Brown is definitely out for a month or so apparently, so the question is, do we need to replace Moore if unfit with another tall? Maybe can sneak in another running player instead to really push Brisbane for leg speed.

Need another tall as Brown will be placed in the forward line by Mitch Clark.

MrRuss said:
Need another tall as Brown will be placed in the forward line by Mitch Clark.

Was already playing was Mitch, so Brisbane stay losing a power tall (doubt they have another power tall to come into the 25) - but get your point about CHF