Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

Out: Morton, King, Astbury, Mcguane, Farmer, Simmonds
In: Griffiths, Connors, Foley, Jackson, Vickery/Browne, Post

in; griff, Post, Conners, jackson, Moore,
Out: Nakas, nason, farmer, simmo, morton

Definitely drop Webberly and Nason....they've had a good run, but time to go back to Coburg boys. Simmonds will obviously miss as well, and Morton probably didn't do enough to keep his spot....unfortunately though there's not a lot who can come in for us....I guess Foley and Jackson if his suspension is up? Griffiths? Connors?

out - simmo , morton, nahas , nason, webberly, king
in - foley, conners, jackson , polak ,moore , vickery/browne

oh griffiths for white or edwards or farmer or bling take ya pick lol

and maybe give dea a go and maybe roberts and taylor

Clinton said:
Out: King, Morton, Tambling, Thursfield

In: Foley, Jackson, Griffiths, Moore

You want to justify why Tambling should be dropped?

Without taking into consideration Sundays efforts I would look at replacing/resting/retiring Morton, Nahas, Nason, Simmo

Bring in Connors, Foley, Jackson

Out - Simmonds, King, Morton, Thursfield, Collins, White.
In - Moore, Foley, Jackson, Griffiths, Connors, Browne/Polak/Vickery

OK - let's pause for a second ;)

It's about who should come in - rather than who should go out ........ because sadly - that list is long.

Jackson (was in good tagging form - and physical)
Foley (an automatic if fit)
Conners (playing well at Coburg - has been rested - will be rewarded)
Moore (the other backs were so bad tonight - Moore will clearly replace one - if fit)
Griffiths (is the future - but is he fit/well?)

That is a lot of ins.

But assuming Hardwick was unimpressed tonight:

Outs:

Simmonds (automatic - farewell old friend)
Morton (the spray would suggest Hardwick is displeased - and he provided very little)
Nason (sorry - maybe you need the break)
Edwards (bad game - needs the long break)
McGuane (enough said - another post)
King (sorry - but you are roster blocking)
Naha's (just isn't doing enough),
White (a real disappointment after the last few weeks of improvement)

On wood:

Thursfield - as some posters have pointed out - you have slipped under the radar once too often,

Disagree:

Tambling is adding to the mix. He offers far more than any of the above. Something is wrong with his confidence.

Some of you guys are full of it. While i have been one of the biggest King bashers, his game tonight was actually very good. Did a fantastic job on Del Santo and even won some footy for himself. Has done a very good tagging job since coming in so a lot of the abuse is unwarranted. Blokes like Nahas need to go way before King. Morton, Nahas, Astbury, Simmonds(THANK GOD), White all to go this week.

Obviously depends on how Coburg go tomorrow, but you'd expect something like

In: Foley, Jackson, Griffiths, Moore, Connors, Vickery/Browne
Out: Simmonds, Morton, Nahas, Webberley, Nason... perhaps White

Out: Take your pick as we had some terrible terrible players tonight.
So out goes: Nahas, Morton, Simmo, Thursfield, White, Nason, King (did an ok job but just can't kick, not in our plans)
Replaced by: Foley, Jackson, Browne, Moore, Connors, Griffo, Taylor

7 changes won't happen but this would be my ideal changes.

ZeroGame said:
Out: Simmonds, Morton, Nahas, Webberley, Nason... perhaps White
Don't agree

MrRuss said:
Don't agree
Managed to get the ball ok and deliver out of traffic, however he just bombed it long most of the time and often direct to Saints players
Certainly not on his own there, but it seems like he's a bit of a one trick pony at the moment
He'd had 4 games in a row now so could be time to give him a rest for some more senior players coming back

Wouldn't mind seeing this:

OUT: King, White, Thursfield, Nason (rest), Simmonds (retired), Farmer, McGuane (ordinary, would like to see them change up the defensive structure and rotate some players through there), Nahas
IN: Foley, Jackson, Gourdis, Griffiths, Browne, Connors, Moore, Taylor

Farmer is not exactly offering a lot defensively at the moment so replaced by Connors and Webberly stays. Gourdis has been decent apparently for Coburg getting a number of bests, let's see if he anything to offer as he's been on and off the list for a few years now. Good size, athetlic, give it a go! Deledio back in the middle to hurt the opposition with his skills now with Connors back (hopefully). Edwards to play forward where he belongs, not back. Tambling to play BP in the Farmer position and take opposition small forwards. I believe this is his best long-term position. Strong body, good speed, good contested mark. Why not? Morton another chance, some words during the week and played out of nessecity more than anything as a target and to see if he can gain his Coburg form of 4 goals and he normally plays well against the Eagles.

Here's the team....roughly.

B: Moore Gourdis Connors
HB: Newman Astbury Webberly
C: Deledio Cotchin Martin
HF: Cousins Griffiths Edwards
F: Taylor Riewoldt Morton
Foll: Graham, Foley, Jackson
I/C: Browne, Tuck, Collins, Tambling

What do people think of this team? I doubt it will happen exactly like this and a player here or there might go/stay but I like it a lot. This team has better structure, more height all over the ground and more skill. Make it happen Dimma!

Out: Simmo, Mcguane, Morton, Nason ( leg/rest) Nahas Thursfield White Webberley (leg/rest)

In Moore Gourdis Connors Jackson Foley Taylor Griffiths Polak

Farmer Gourdis Moore
Newman Deledio Connors
Cousins Martin Edwards
Tambling Griffiths King
Astbury Jack Taylor
Graham Jackson Cotchin

Int Polak Foley Collins Tuck

Barnzy, how can you justify Morton getting another game - just wont happen - - didn't run hard enough, fumbled, didn't apply any defensive pressure and butchered almost every possession.

Blazed away when he had options, played selfish. We were effectively playing one short while he was on.

Yes, I would not be surprised if he is dropped but would not be surprised if he stays in either if that makes sense. We lack that mid-sized forward option, he's played well kicking 4 goals in the VFL and has come in and struggled. Not alone there. I would give him another chance and see how he goes with Hardwick flagging Griffiths is likely return, that will help him a lot as the structure wasn't ideal tonight. I thought his effort and intensity was there tonight, things just didn't fall into place.

Was pushing a lot up the ground. I don't think he has the fitness for that.