Team for Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for Brisbane

Panthera tigris FC said:
I see that Port have named Schulz, Rodan and Meyer in the side to play this weekend.

It is the Ex-Tiger show!
Hehe I just saw that too.

'Oh Danny boy' is not done for yet!

tigerfan1961 said:
One thing I find most interesting is that before the '09 draft, many were saying what a poor depth draft it was and they were using that as a reason for the Lions topping up with recycles. Now, the whole thing has turned around and the '09 draft is now being touted as one of the best!!!! We were chastised by many on here for getting more picks in a poor draft year and yet, now we are being lauded as being so wise to rebuild in what turned our to be an excellent draft.

Amazing how it has all turned around. For mine, the Lions have been really unlucky with injuries but having said that, and after seeing what we have done over the years, they were very short sighted to top up. They WILL pay the price in years to come, just as we have done in yesteryear. I just hope we do not fall for the same old mistakes again, as all this talk of Hartley analyzing other teams lists, and us being very active during trade time, has me very worried. Draft more kids I say, look what we have already achieved this year from a development point of view.

In my opinion, last years draft is as good as any we have participated in, and we MUST follow the model even though Gold Poach and GWS will compromise the next two drafts.

Hear hear!!!!

For what ever reasons we have McMahon, Polak, Morton, Thompson, Hislop who can't get a game, and all are tried players from other clubs.
Let's stick with the draft.

Schulz and Raines getting games again but Petersen was dropped for Hawks. They just cant all get on the ground in the same week, poor duffers.

tigerman said:
Hear hear!!!!

For what ever reasons we have McMahon, Polak, Morton, Thompson, Hislop who can't get a game, and all are tried players from other clubs.
Let's stick with the draft.
Morton will get back into the side at some stage- far too polished a player not to. Must be learning something he is perceived to lack back at Coburg

tigerfan1961 said:
Morton will get back into the side at some stage- far too polished a player not to. Must be learning something he is perceived to lack back at Coburg

Agree. far too good for Coburg. Like Connors, a slow learner but a very good player. At 21-22, still has a lot ahead of him.

At 24, will be a gun - regular 40+ goal kicker and a very tough match up

ZeroGame said:
Hislop is also on the LTIL

Ta.

Whats wrong with him?

I did wonder why he didn't play for Coburg last week. Haven't noticed his name on any injury lists.

Without sounding too harsh, at least it is Tom and not a young kid. Unlikely Tom will be on the list next year, whereas we need all the young kids playing as much as possible.

If Sloppy is LTILed then we could promote another Rookie, assuming the Goo is our midyear elevation.

Jack said:
Ta.

Whats wrong with him?

I did wonder why he didn't play for Coburg last week. Haven't noticed his name on any injury lists.

Without sounding too harsh, at least it is Tom and not a young kid. Unlikely Tom will be on the list next year, whereas we need all the young kids playing as much as possible.

Has had surgury on one knee to remove some bone from his patella and will have another operation to repeat the process on the other knee

And Hislop is a young kid