Team for Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for Brisbane

Barnzy said:
IIRC Fev kicked 9 on Thursfield/McGuane last year (think it was round 15). They both couldn't contain him. That was with the Blues midfield delivering him the ball though.

He was in the zone that day. Kicked them from the boundry, off the ground and maybe even in mid air. The chances of him doing that to us again are low.

tigergollywog said:
Got a good feeling about this one AND ive got seats on the fence on the wing with tigersnake and the kids. Their side, on paper, looks worse than ours did a month ago. I am gonna have a ton on us at $2.85 and maybe eat a bit of seafood after the game :eek:

I reckon you'll get the money tg, but if you don't, a couple of slices of bread with some tomato sauce fills the gap ;D

shad said:
He was in the zone that day. Kicked them from the boundry, off the ground and maybe even in mid air. The chances of him doing that to us again are low.

His confidence was up thats for sure. However both McGuane and Thursfield were unable to match his strength.

IIRC at one stage he was able to hold off Thursfield with one arm, balance the ball with his other hand and kick an easy goal. It showed how far off Thursfield was physically.

We will need to restrict his supply.

Mantikorr said:
?

Brisbane Lions
B: James Hawksley, Daniel Merrett, Andrew Raines

looks like we might have 19 on the field after all ;D

Take it back. I back our defenders to be mopping up errant kicks forward all night.

Anyone know when the team is travelling up? Normally they do a training session at the Gabba on the night before a Saturday night game. Just seen that a training session is scheduled for today at Cragieburn....long way from the Gabba. Hope they know where the game is tomorrow.

BrisTiger24 said:
Take it back. I back our defenders to be mopping up errant kicks forward all night.

Reckon just plonk someone like a statue just forward of centre all night and gleefully accept the Raines passes and distribute the turnover to our forwards.

evo said:
Morton better get a go soon. :(

Don't you mean, "Morton better go soon", like end of year trade? :hihi

On a serious note, the Morton is doing bugger all at the 'Burgs, doesn't deserve a senior spot.

YinnarTiger said:
Off the site we are not allowed to post links to.

3 letters beginning with A. ;D

I just read that too

I would have throught that site would be OK seeing its theirs

That means that 6 of our 7 2009 draftees are in the team this week, in one form or another.

Youngster central!

BrisTiger24 said:
What's the point of that?

I reckon Tambling will be culled 'cos of his shoulder and TT will get the callup.................possibly ;D

evo said:
My prediction is that if we beat Brissy the media will start really savaging Voss for taking so many top up players last drafting period. There have already been mumblings but there is nothing like getting beaten by us for the journos to reallyturn feral.

Yeah it's turning into one of the unexpected side benefits of the rare wins this year.

The media have been so rabid on our poor prospects of winning any games that it's bled over into club member and board expectations.

We beat Port and the knives are out again slicing and dicing their coaching set-up (Laidley/Williams) and senior players (Cornes brothers). ;D
We beat WC and the knives are into Worsfold so much that their most senior player (Cox) has to criticise and threaten his junior teammates. ;D

If we beat Brisbane and Fev doesn't perform you can bet Vossy will cop a few knives and the player list of the Lions in future compromised drafts will arise.

Nice to think we can create such an effect from two wins. Might become interesting in the last few rounds if we can spoil some of our traditional rivals in their run to the finals. >:D

RedanTiger said:
If we beat Brisbane and Fev doesn't perform you can bet Vossy will cop a few knives and the player list of the Lions in future compromised drafts will arise.

One thing I find most interesting is that before the '09 draft, many were saying what a poor depth draft it was and they were using that as a reason for the Lions topping up with recycles. Now, the whole thing has turned around and the '09 draft is now being touted as one of the best!!!! We were chastised by many on here for getting more picks in a poor draft year and yet, now we are being lauded as being so wise to rebuild in what turned our to be an excellent draft.

Amazing how it has all turned around. For mine, the Lions have been really unlucky with injuries but having said that, and after seeing what we have done over the years, they were very short sighted to top up. They WILL pay the price in years to come, just as we have done in yesteryear. I just hope we do not fall for the same old mistakes again, as all this talk of Hartley analyzing other teams lists, and us being very active during trade time, has me very worried. Draft more kids I say, look what we have already achieved this year from a development point of view.

In my opinion, last years draft is as good as any we have participated in, and we MUST follow the model even though Gold Poach and GWS will compromise the next two drafts.

RedanTiger said:
Yeah it's turning into one of the unexpected side benefits of the rare wins this year.

The media have been so rabid on our poor prospects of winning any games that it's bled over into club member and board expectations.

We beat Port and the knives are out again slicing and dicing their coaching set-up (Laidley/Williams) and senior players (Cornes brothers). ;D
We beat WC and the knives are into Worsfold so much that their most senior player (Cox) has to criticise and threaten his junior teammates. ;D

Nice to think we can create such an effect from two wins. Might become interesting in the last few rounds if we can spoil some of our traditional rivals in their run to the finals. >:D
In many ways it is better than being 'ninthmond', isn't it. We are genuinely developing kids, and at the same time exposing a few of the other pretenders in the league. The pretenders that we used to be.

Strangely, for once we are getting a genuine feeling of making progress yet mostly losing. There is quite a lot to be said for it.

Matiger said:
Richmond
B: Chris Newman, Luke McGuane, Will Thursfield
HB: Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio, Daniel Connors
C: Ben Cousins, Daniel Jackson, Shane Edwards
HF: Matt White, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Nason
F: Richard Tambling, Ben Griffiths, David Astbury
Foll: Angus Graham, Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin
I/C: Mitch Farmer, Tyrone Vickery, Jake King, Andrew Collins
Emg: Jeromey Webberley, Jayden Post, David Gourdis

In: Will Thursfield
Out: Kelvin Moore (leg)

Has Gourdis been promoted off rookie list?

If so how?

Has he placed Roberts or Polak?

Of have we been able to upgrade another rookie due to Simmo retirement?

Or another reason?

Anyone able to shed some light?