Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Just watching NITV with the NT Thunder game.

Geez Tambling has been enjoying the turtle meat since finishing his AFL career. Large stomach.

BrisTiger24 said:
Just watching NITV with the NT Thunder game.

Geez Tambling has been enjoying the turtle meat since finishing his AFL career. Large stomach.

NT Thunder Thighs?

Why do posters have to jeer ex players years after the players have left Richmond?

Yes Tambling had some major flaws when he was playing for us, but is it his fault Wallet was so gun-ho for him that our substandard football dept were swayed by this and selected him early?

Was it his fault that wallet continually selected him when it was obvious he didn't have the form?

It was frustrating at the time and coaches continue to make the same errors. Take Hardwick's continual selection of Peterd when we had capable younger players with far superior skills, it took a major injury to Peterd for a change to occur and the team improved as a result. As frustrating as his selection was it wasn't Peterd's fault as he always gave 100%.

Tambling's pick 4 continue's to give to the Richmond Football Club we traded Tambling to Adelaide for picks which netted us McIntosh and Elton so I am not bitter about the original pick

I wish Tambling all the best in life as he pulled on the Tiger jumper for over 100 matches.

Rewriting history. Tambling was by all accounts second only behind Lids. some had bling shred of lids. We were so sure the hawks would take him that we invited Roughead to a player's BBQ before the draft.

Bling's lack of ticker is no ones fault but Blings. Actually, the bling call is about the only call I think Lesey got right. He's been riding on that call ever since

yandb said:
Why do posters have to jeer ex players years after the players have left Richmond?

I recall Richie giving RFC and the supporters a bake after he went to Adelaide. I wish him a happy and successful life but it won't change the fact I disliked the way he pretended to get to contests while making sure he didn't quite make it.

Baloo said:
Rewriting history. Tambling was by all accounts second only behind Lids. some had bling shred of lids. We were so sure the hawks would take him that we invited Roughead to a player's BBQ before the draft.

Bling's lack of ticker is no ones fault but Blings. Actually, the bling call is about the only call I think Lesey got right. He's been riding on that call ever since

No, there have been two. Don't forget Paddy D

yandb said:

I didn't bring this thread up to jeer him. I just brought it up as I saw him in the NEAFL and thought it was an interesting 'where are they now' moment. In this case, I was just pointing out that, now, Tambling is in a very good paddock.

No hate for Tambling. He's still probably a better player now turtle meat gut and all than current Newman and Morris.

yandb said:

It's like a bad breakup when the partner says "I can do better than you! YOU'RE the reason my life is *smile*! YOU! I'm leaving to fulfil my potential without you ruining everything for me!!!"

A few years later they've let themselves go, they have a dead-end job, their life is worse and all their flaws are still existent for all to see.

It's perfectly fair enough to have a chuckle.

Meanwhile, similar aged players in Schulz and White left with dignity and they are both respected and liked.

Tigers of Old said:
Hi son would be 9 now. Not too long before we might have a father/son on our hands so go easy. 8-

I don't think he will want his kid to come to us.

zgod said:
Good to see this thread back.
Reckon it has potential to reach 1000 pages.

I thought this thread was bumped because the essendrugs thread has threatened to overtake the number of pages of this one. Currently both on 804 :)

Tigers of Old said:
That would be a real shame. Tambling had his weaknesses at AFL level but he still played 100 games for us and is a Tiger player in my eyes.
Does anyone know if Tambling has ever come back to the club for functions/been invited back? He may not have left on the greatest of terms but he is still a former 100 game player for Richmond.

I don't think it would matter what club Richie was playing at.He wasn't going to get any better.

Shame,but that's footy!