Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

keepa lids onit said:
nahas kicks goals bling dosnt
both tackle, nahas prob puts on more pressure though.

The reason Nahas isn't in the team currently is because Hardwick is looking for consistency of effort from his smaller forwards.
Dimma is clearly very big on defensive efforts in the attacking 50 and whilst capable thinks Robbie needs to improve in this area.
Basically he wants them to work their asses of to pressure the opposing ball carriers.

Tambling's one of the better tacklers in the side, it's clearly one of the reasons he's preferred by Hardwick to some others.

Although I don't rate sides as picked on paper, I still don't think we have a clear picture of what Tambling's best spot is.

Another thing on Tambling, how many times have we seen him really move at top speed?

The NAB cup game when he burnt off Scott Burns, maybe the running goal at Freo but you don't see it every week. Think of Davey, Lovett, Jetta all these guys show their pace on a weekly basis when playing.

I agree he has pace but I just don't think he uses it. Would rather see him hit the ball at top pace then hit it at half pace and got caught.

Richie sits in third on the RFC tackle list at 53.

This is one reason why I think he may be getting a game. I do not think he is doing enough other than that. He has no confidence at the moment.
The other reason could be that he will be traded at season's end and they are trying to keep his trade value up. Ten games in the magoos will not help that.
Or maybe Hardwick believes in him and has got him working on one aspect of the game until it becomes natural. then he will release him into a more natural role?? FINO
IMO his best position is Wing. He may then be able to use his pace at the ball. He is no Cotchin in close.

Tenacious Tiges said:
IMO his best position is Wing. He may then be able to use his pace at the ball. He is no Cotchin in close.

I really like this idea.

It would be a waste of time at the moment as he is obviously hampered by this surgery. But when he is fit, and if we keep him, I would like to see him in the open spaces on the wing.

Disco08 said:
Rarely doesn't equal never. AFAIK "rarely" is essentially the opposite of "often" in this context.

Thanks for clearing it up though. So basically you think he "often doesn't try". Change that for "rarely tries" in the sentence I asked you to say aloud and it basically makes no difference whatsoever.

"Damien Hardwick is gifting games to a player who doesn't deserve them because that player often doesn't try during matches".

So which part did you not understand? That's exactly right. Hardwick is giving games to a player who often is found jogging when he should be busting his gut. I'm glad you now understand. Playing ring a ring a rosie is much more fun with my kids.

Which part did I not understand? LMAO.

At least when you play games with your kids they might let you win occasionally.

I question "Tambling doesn't deserve the play because he doesn't try".

If he is selected, then the coach thinks he deserves a game.

IMO the most logical stance to take is that there is a legitimate reason for Bling's form this season, and the coach is aware of it yet refuses to drop him.

If someone can please answer me why the coach is refusing to drop Tambling, then I will gladly feel comfortable critisising him. Until then, from what I can tell, it's more logical to assume the coach believes Richie will improve for some reason and play a role in our next premiership.

Earlier in the year Tambling spoke about not being able to just play an attacking game at AFL level like he did in Darwin and said he needed to work on being a two way footballer. I think a few points being raised here (where he's playing, his tackle and 1%er stats, the way he seems to guard space rather than attack some contests, Hardwick not dropping him despite his poor form, etc.) make sense if you consider that he might have been told to really concentrate on the defensive part of his game.

rockstar_tiger said:
I question "Tambling doesn't deserve the play because he doesn't try".

If he is selected, then the coach thinks he deserves a game.

IMO the most logical stance to take is that there is a legitimate reason for Bling's form this season, and the coach is aware of it yet refuses to drop him.

If someone can please answer me why the coach is refusing to drop Tambling, then I will gladly feel comfortable critisising him. Until then, from what I can tell, it's more logical to assume the coach believes Richie will improve for some reason and play a role in our next premiership.

why has he not been dropped. we all have some education and valid opinions abouty footy here. most know what they are talkin about. so im asking all these football followers, who do have some clue, what reason/ can they see for bling being in the team. tackling yeah, but do u give a guy games cause he tackles well?? i dont think so.....so what else does he provide to the team. cause i see nothing else...

Disco08 said:
Which part did I not understand? LMAO.

At least when you play games with your kids they might let you win occasionally.

No way!

I have it on good authority that Tambling will not be playing tonight, and Nahas has come in for him.

So for all the people that wanted Bling dropped you will be happy.

I believe this is a good move as he was very ordinary last week.

Yeah Nah said:
I have it on good authority that Tambling will not be playing tonight, and Nahas has come in for him.

Ummmm when you say things like this it should be accompanied with a ;)

White Lightning said:
Well Done Yeah Nah. You're source is 100% correct. Tambling pulled up sore late yesterday afternoon

Calf related problem?
He's looked 'sore' for much of the year. I'm struggling to see why they're playing him if he's hampered by injury.

keepa lids onit said:
why has he not been dropped. we all have some education and valid opinions abouty footy here. most know what they are talkin about. so im asking all these football followers, who do have some clue, what reason/ can they see for bling being in the team.

That is true, but are we as educated as Damien Hardwick?

Are our educated opinions more valid than the team selectors'?

That is my point. There must be a valid excuse for his form, because from the outside you're right - it doesn't make sense to play him all year. There must be some knowledge on the inside that outsiders don't know, and that's why he keeps getting games.

If he pulled up sore and is out of tonight's game, then that's even more weight towards what I am saying.

rockstar_tiger said:
That is true, but are we as educated as Damien Hardwick?

Are our educated opinions more valid than the team selectors'?

That is my point. There must be a valid excuse for his form, because from the outside you're right - it doesn't make sense to play him all year. There must be some knowledge on the inside that outsiders don't know, and that's why he keeps getting games.

If he pulled up sore and is out of tonight's game, then that's even more weight towards what I am saying.

see what ur saying but what the match committee see in him that we dont see on the ground and in his play, i dont know.

happy he didnt play, injury or not. from what most can see he provides nthing more than tackling/def pressure. ltho saing that nahas didnt have a very good game, but still he kicked a goal more that bling has kicked...lol

just reckon w have better players n the reserves who deserve a go and wil prob do more more that bling at the moment. webberlys showing proves that

Richmonds training this week was gut running. Tambling was unable to sustain efforts. Sore knee? Call it what you will but at least we had 18 gut running players last night. With only 20 fit players on the field one less would have cost us the four points!

LidsBling&Cotch said:
im positive he'll be straight back in next week

That'll be a big recovery from what kept him out.

It was reported by Campbell that Tambling took his kid to the park for a kick and struggled to catch his little one. I think it was a bit of tongue in cheek by Wayne.