Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling must pick 1

the claw said:
rfc is crying out for a voss or one of my favorite players riccciuto.

Totally agree.

The unfortunate thing though for RFC, is that this year's draft at the top end is not pre-disposed to these really hard nosed types that you mentioned. Certainly there are some good players, but they are not - from what I have seen of them - in that sort of Voss/Ricciuto mould.

The closest thing to those two players would be Lewis, but he is more of an Archer type who will probably play hbf or similar at AFL level.

Redford said:
the claw said:

Totally agree.

The unfortunate thing though for RFC, is that this year's draft at the top end is not pre-disposed to these really hard nosed types that you mentioned. Certainly there are some good players, but they are not - from what I have seen of them - in that sort of Voss/Ricciuto mould.

The closest thing to those two players would be Lewis, but he is more of an Archer type who will probably play hbf or similar at AFL level.

In that case is it worthwhile using a 1st round pick on a bloke who will most probably end up a half-back flanker?

struggletown3121 said:
Redford said:
the claw said:

Totally agree.

In that case is it worthwhile using a 1st round pick on a bloke who will most probably end up a half-back flanker?

No, and that's my point.

Whilst Richmond desparately needs to develop some tough and skilful on-ballers in that Voss/Ricciuto mould: a) there isn't anyone quite in that category this year and b) the closest one to them is a guy who might be more of a hbf type who maybe would not be worth a top 4 pick.

But certainly he'd be worth a pick 12 or 16 if he was still around. I mean, if you thought you were gonna get a Glenn Archer replica at hbf, you'd be more than prepared to depart with one of these first round (12/16) selections for him wouldn't you ?

So let me get this right Bedsnog. In answer to Piddledown's question would we use a first round pick on Lewis (anything from 1-16) you have said -

Redford said:
No, and that's my point.

And then in the same post have miraculously changed your mind and said -

Redford said:
But certainly he'd be worth a pick 12 or 16 if he was still around. I mean, you'd be more than prepared to depart with one of these first round (12/16) selections for him wouldn't you ?

Anyone else confused? You're not losing it are you Sledbogged old boy?

Redford said:
struggletown3121 said:
Redford said:
the claw said:

Totally agree.

No, and that's my point.

Whilst Richmond desparately needs to develop some tough and skilful on-ballers in that Voss/Ricciuto mould: a) there isn't anyone quite in that category this year and b) the closest one to them is a guy who might be more of a hbf type who maybe would not be worth a top 4 pick.

But certainly he'd be worth a pick 12 or 16 if he was still around. I mean, if you thought you were gonna get a Glenn Archer replica at hbf, you'd be more than prepared to depart with one of these first round (12/16) selections for him wouldn't you ?

By first round I meant first 16 plus Priority picks.
So really you've answered my question as a Yes.

I know you're a wrap for the lad,and Id love to see a hard arse type more than anyone playing for us.
Im only wondering if we dont use these picks to cover Midfield/KPP/Ruckman deficiencies.
Yes I would take an 18yo Archer replica in a heartbeat,but once again its that buzzword 'speculative' to take a HBF type ahead of the aforementioned MF/KPP/Ruck.

Jungle drums suggest Essendon have designs on Lewis ahead of us too :'(

jayfox said:
So let me get this right Bedsnog. In answer to Piddledown's question would we use a first round pick on Lewis (anything from 1-16) you have said -

Redford said:
No, and that's my point.

And then in the same post have miraculously changed your mind and said -

Redford said:
But certainly he'd be worth a pick 12 or 16 if he was still around. I mean, you'd be more than prepared to depart with one of these first round (12/16) selections for him wouldn't you ?

Anyone else confused? You're not losing it are you Sledbogged old boy?

I realised that after I posted Gaypox.

What I meant was that he is not worthy of a top 4 pick (which we have two of) but more than worthy of a 12 or 16 if he was available - even if he may not become a on-baller and only a hbf in the Archer category.

I had a quick chat this morning with what I would call THE draft expert (not from any club) and he told me Tigers will pick Deledio with pick 1 and Franklin with 4.

I also believe that you pick the best players available, regardless of what your club needs. No good picking a ruckman if he's ordinary just because you need a ruckman. There's always next year for that and our re-building will take a few years so let's be patient.

My sources tell me it will be Deledio at No 1
& Tambling at 2. Not sure behond pick 2.

One of the reasons I prefer Deledio over Tambling is that Deledio already has some size about him and looks as if he can look after himself. Tambling is built like a matchstick with the wood scraped off and yes he's quick, but Michael Mitchell was about the quickest bloke I've ever seen on a footy field and the opposition kept hitting him until he had to give the game away. One thing the current RFC has in common with the RFC back in Mitchell's time is that we have no one who can protect a lightly framed player like Tambling. Deledio can also play a number of positions that Tambling can't and going by the results of the draft camp isn't that much slower.

Redford said:
struggletown3121 said:
Redford said:
the claw said:

Totally agree.

No, and that's my point.

broken down bedford i would of thought deledio at least has the body type to run straight lines. and if i thought i had a glen archer replica i would certainly take him with pick 1 or 4.
imo i think lewis will develop into a n onballer with grunt. throw jackson into the midfield and we have 2 pretty hard at it types.
also i know you have posted about monfries but if he were available at 12 would you take him before lewis.

CarnTheTiges said:
One of the reasons I prefer Deledio over Tambling is that Deledio already has some size about him and looks as if he can look after himself. .
good call carn',
we seriously can't afford another fiora mishap. we went with the little guy and regretted it.

Curtiger said:
CarnTheTiges said:
One of the reasons I prefer Deledio over Tambling is that Deledio already has some size about him and looks as if he can look after himself. .
good call carn',
we seriously can't afford another fiora mishap. we went with the little guy and regretted it.

very very true...
they should pick deledio he is the best by far

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
lutt said:
My sources tell me it will be Deledio at No 1
& Tambling at 2. Not sure behond pick 2.
It sure as hell wont be Griffen

While not as highly profiled as the other boys,this blokes got PLENTY of admirers at the top,and probably has least deficiencies of the top 4 concensus draft picks.
He would possibly be the safest bet to make the grade consistently of the 4 as well from what Im told from those who know the caper better than I.

I reckon he'll be a tiger next year.

SkillsSipthorp said:
...It's Deledio, Tambling, Franklin, Griffen, Roughead & Cameron Wood.

I reckon you're dead on the money silkyslippa.
Thats my very prediction as well.

SkillsSipthorp said:
...It's Deledio, Tambling, Franklin, Griffen, Roughead & Cameron Wood.
... and i wouldn't lose any sleep over that. No combination is going to have us gnashing teeth and screaming blue murder. Until one of them ends up the next fiora in 4 years time! There's more to talk about with the 12,16 and 20 picks.