Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Albo going to call an early election to try save his neck. Do not forget the farmers if he does. They feed you , your brats & the world poor not Albo Coles Woollies Aldi etc etc..

Last edited:
Amazing result in France after what was predicted:

I'd like to see this happen:

If no political agreement is possible, the president could also appoint a technocratic government, made up of economists, academics, diplomats and business or trade union leaders. France has never had such a government before.

Albo going to call an early election to try save his neck. Do not forget the farmers if he does. They feed you , your brats & the world poor not Albo Coles Woollies Aldi etc etc..

What are you doing to support said farmers? Hope you don't shop at Coles or Woollies.

Not sure if we will see an early election, a lot of things to weigh up, a possibility yes, but a certainty, no way.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
The French were never going to vote a Far Right government in ....

I wouldn't be so sure, Marine Le Pen has gone pretty close to being elected President and she is looking a decent chance next time (2027 I think). No idea who else will stand, France has a 2 term limit from what I recall, so no Macron.

DS

The French were never going to vote a Far Right government in ....

its a great advertisement for the type of election.

a kind of cooling off period that allows a population to correct and avoid committing a grave mistake.

pretty sure GB would still be in the EU if they'de had a second round?

a kind of cooling off period that allows a population to correct and avoid committing a grave mistake.

pretty sure GB would still be in the EU if they'd had a second round?

It is a sort of delayed preferential system. Used in a fair number of places. Brazil does the same with their presidential elections and quite a few other countries.

UK really needs to get rid of first past the post, the US needs big renovations, terrible systems in both countries.

No sure how it would work in a referendum though, 50% one way or another or off to a second ballot? Would need to have some option for abstaining.

DS

I wouldn't be so sure, Marine Le Pen has gone pretty close to being elected President and she is looking a decent chance next time (2027 I think). No idea who else will stand, France has a 2 term limit from what I recall, so no Macron.

DS
so she says... but..!

nous ne permettrons pas que cela se produise !!

What are you doing to support said farmers? Hope you don't shop at Coles or Woollies.

Not sure if we will see an early election, a lot of things to weigh up, a possibility yes, but a certainty, no way.

DS
You have taken that is in the wrong context. The point is support the farmers after Senator Murray TWatt shuts down the live sheep export trade on behalf of the the weak gutted vegan lot headed by Tasha Petersen. In referencing Coles Woollies it was an off the cuff remark to remind people farmers exist. As for Albo he crapping himself but might not call an early after British & French cut their throat calling one.

You have taken that is in the wrong context. The point is support the farmers after Senator Murray TWatt shuts down the live sheep export trade on behalf of the the weak gutted vegan lot headed by Tasha Petersen. In referencing Coles Woollies it was an off the cuff remark to remind people farmers exist. As for Albo he crapping himself but might not call an early after British & French cut their throat calling one.

Aah, excuses, you had a go at Coles and Woolies - do you back this up with actions or not?

As for the live sheep trade, it is disgusting. The way the animals are treated is inhumane. They can buy the meat butchered in Australia, the butchers feed us too, well, those of us who eat meat. Jobs for Aussie butchers!

DS

DS

Tiga gets all his info from nuthob email newsletters.

Aah, excuses, you had a go at Coles and Woolies - do you back this up with actions or not?

As for the live sheep trade, it is disgusting. The way the animals are treated is inhumane. They can buy the meat butchered in Australia, the butchers feed us too, well, those of us who eat meat. Jobs for Aussie butchers!

DS
So you support other countries supplying Australian live sheep clients therefore putting Australian workers out of jobs. Guys like this chap 50 year old lives in a WA rural area. Married has teenage kids mortgage . Slight disability but has been able to live a proud respectable life as a working tax payer in the sheep industry. With the shut down dumped down to the Centrelink where there will be another 100 just like him trying to feed the family. Can just see the Arabs buying our frozen butchered lamb at Australian Gov subsidized discounted prices when Australian families struggle to buy it now at our supermarkets & butchers.

So you support other countries supplying Australian live sheep clients therefore putting Australian workers out of jobs. Guys like this chap 50 year old lives in a WA rural area. Married has teenage kids mortgage . Slight disability but has been able to live a proud respectable life as a working tax payer in the sheep industry. With the shut down dumped down to the Centrelink where there will be another 100 just like him trying to feed the family. Can just see the Arabs buying our frozen butchered lamb at Australian Gov subsidized discounted prices when Australian families struggle to buy it now at our supermarkets & butchers.
Someone is already off to centrelink because of the incoming ban on live sheep exports? or did you make that up?

If we go to an early election (i doubt it will be in 2024 because we have the Queensland and USA presidential election coming up), it'll be to take advantage of the strong position Albo is in.

Personally, I think Albo has been very disappointing, but Dutton's nuclear brainfart will ensure Labor wins with an increased majority.

As for the “farmers,” you are overestimating their influence. They won’t be voting for Labor anyway. And Labor is only delivering on a promise to ban live sheep exporting. This isn't the big issue you think it is. It's more likely to win him votes from progressives and animal liberationists.

I think our voting system is OK, but I think elements of the French system has merit. The UK and USA systems are definitely broken.

Someone is already off to centrelink because of the incoming ban on live sheep exports? or did you make that up?

Much like when that Pharmacy Guild of Australia representative cried on TV as he claimed pharmacies were closing down the very day the government brought in 60 day scripts.

Reactions: 1 users
Not made up as that was reported as to what a person like him will do after deregulation. Not just the farmers but the industry itself which employs thousands in associated jobs & it flows down into the towns as well. Ok right I am fifty married three kids in high school have a mortgage, live in lets say Wagin employed as a truck driver for a company whose main source of income is the live sheep trade. Trade shut down I lose my job along with five others in the same boat as me. Now tell me what am I going to do as Twatts compensation payout if I am eligible will not keep myself & family afloat as besides my fellow drivers there is another lot employed in other associated sheep trade in the same boat. Do you honestly think Twatt has thought about these honest down to earth Australians just to appease Tasha Petersen the teals for there lousy votes in Canberra.

Australia today.. retrenched 1998 & since then have always received a Tax return between $500.00 & $1000.00 on my two Gov Supers. Last year 2023 did not get a return & I owed the ATO $1500.00 This year I upped how much tax was taken each fortnight so I would get a return. Today did my tax return & I owe the ATO nothing & the ATO owes me nothing. So my Tax has increased from year 2022 till 2024 by just on $3000.00 under Albo & Jim. Can you enlighten me why ?.

Not made up as that was reported as to what a person like him will do after deregulation. Not just the farmers but the industry itself which employs thousands in associated jobs & it flows down into the towns as well. Ok right I am fifty married three kids in high school have a mortgage, live in lets say Wagin employed as a truck driver for a company whose main source of income is the live sheep trade. Trade shut down I lose my job along with five others in the same boat as me. Now tell me what am I going to do as Twatts compensation payout if I am eligible will not keep myself & family afloat as besides my fellow drivers there is another lot employed in other associated sheep trade in the same boat. Do you honestly think Twatt has thought about these honest down to earth Australians just to appease Tasha Petersen the teals for there lousy votes in Canberra.

Finds job the next day driving the sheep to the local abattoir instead of the docks, meanwhile his unemployed brother in law also gets a job as the abattoir needs more staff. Also, there is more meat produced from the same number of sheep as they don't die on the way to the local abattoir like they do on those ships taking them half way around the world in inhumane conditions.

Australia today.. retrenched 1998 & since then have always received a Tax return between $500.00 & $1000.00 on my two Gov Supers. Last year 2023 did not get a return & I owed the ATO $1500.00 This year I upped how much tax was taken each fortnight so I would get a return. Today did my tax return & I owe the ATO nothing & the ATO owes me nothing. So my Tax has increased from year 2022 till 2024 by just on $3000.00 under Albo & Jim. Can you enlighten me why ?.

You earned more?

Inflation?

DS