Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

“An offshore electricity industry in Australia will further strengthen our economy. …Offshore generation and transmission can deliver significant benefits to all Australians through a more secure and reliable electricity system, and create thousands of new jobs and business opportunities in regional Australia.”- Angus Taylor- then the federal energy minster.

This was the LNP's view less than 3 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
The suburban rail loop is fantastic. The modelling shows it would be the most used rail line in the city. When you look at the route it has nothing to do with who votes for who along it. It is logical in the way it links up suburban hubs along the way.

That’s doesn’t mean we can afford to build it of course.

I support it. I just think the Airport line and Metro 2.0 is a bigger priority.

I know JA put the feelers out re Metro 2.0 recently... I wonder if that was a subtle hint to Melbourne Airport authorities.

I support it. I just think the Airport line and Metro 2.0 is a bigger priority.

I know JA put the feelers out re Metro 2.0 recently... I wonder if that was a subtle hint to Melbourne Airport authorities.
How owned is the Vic govt...? Not building the airport link due to MacBank pressure (I'm guessing on this but it is the only thing that makes sense to me) and maybe the mob who owns the bus out to Tulla.

Bloody pathetic!

Independent Tasmania MP Andrew Wilkie's claim AFL players were faking injuries to avoid drug testing is totally untrue after Sports Integrity Australia (SIA) inquiry. People vote for this G.O.A.T so no wonder the place is in dire straits. He does not like the Defence Force , Gambling ,Sport Stadiums ,Tobacco companies , Vaping ,Nuclear Energy Victorians Libs Nats. He must like something ?. Got it ,those that tick his box first in Fed elections.

K3, belive me you had to live it.

Wherever you were talking to hasn't a clue. The State Bank went broke FFS

<snip>
While I was young, I did live it.

And the people I was listening to were Premiers (not as good as Tiger Premiers but still...), Snr Federal polies, Prime Ministers etc

While I was young, I did live it.

And the people I was listening to were Premiers (not as good as Tiger Premiers but still...), Snr Federal polies, Prime Ministers etc
That confirms my suspicions that the people you were talkingto didn't have a clue!

I spent a lot of time with ministers too, moreso from the late 1991 onwards. What an upity lot of dimb wit tossers they were and i'm talking about from both sides of politics. The hissy fits that Pat McNamara, dept of recourses would throw if the news papers weren't in his tray at precisely 9am. Stephen Elder, the Education Dept, who was there by family reputation alone it seemed and they were Liberals who i was voting for at the time. They were perdantic issues, but don't get me started on the documentation i pulled up as a consultant at the time to the former Cain Kirner Govt. The documents between their ministers and the State bank and Tricontinental which seemed to be to loan as much money to all their dodgy mates. David White and his deals relatingto the Gas and Fuel Corp building FMD, and i mean FMD. DAvid White and Peter Cleeland were like dumb and dumber to the point that had they been in the private sector they'd have done time for the deals they did.

I was young too at the time but i wasn't doing the work i was doing because i was stupid. I was facinated by the utter incompitence, and enjoyed the role immensly due to what we were uncovering. Unfortunately my hot head got me into a bit of strife when a public servant clerk mistook me for a temp worker and made a deogatory comment to me. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong person for him.

In later years, different role but again exposing me to state govt ministers, i was always a little worried by how John Brumby seemed to always be walking around with a couple of really young boys in suits. They all had neatly trimmed hair cuts, very petite features, it was a bit icky to me. Not suggesting anything, just looked rather odd.

One thing you learn with experience K3 is never judge a persons intelligence by the title they hold. You will be dissapointed on more than just the odd occasion.

In relation to what i did to that clerk, in reality not much, but enough to get me removed from the role. Do i regret it, yes and not just for losing the role. I try to tell myself these days that you don't know why a person is like they are without having walked in their shoes, or seen their upbringing.

Bad memory buy hey, while typing this i just got a great trade on AAPL movingoff the 200SMA

How owned is the Vic govt...? Not building the airport link due to MacBank pressure (I'm guessing on this but it is the only thing that makes sense to me) and maybe the mob who owns the bus out to Tulla.

Bloody pathetic!

mate, the airport is privately owned. they have to negotiate with the owners to get access to the land. privatisation is screwing over Victorians again. There is nothing wrong with an overground airport station. That's what Brisbane has and I don't think its an eyesore.

The problem is that the left is like a cult. Even when they know they are being lied to, they'd rather listen to more lies than hear truth. It's like a mind disease.
I don't even know what "the left" is. Everyone is being lied to by some part of the media and on social media. I see some posting on this thread complaining about group think and then spouting another version of group think.

The key to me is to understand we don't hear the truth and that's not limited to any political persuasion. In my time around the public sector I learned very early on that what was reported in the media was 95% garbage. Usually it is taking an element of truth and interpreting it in a certain way because the "journalist" actually has very little understanding of the subject. Political spin adds to the confusion and when it is reported the truth is the usual casualty.
In later years, different role but again exposing me to state govt ministers, i was always a little worried by how John Brumby seemed to always be walking around with a couple of really young boys in suits. They all had neatly trimmed hair cuts, very petite features, it was a bit icky to me. Not suggesting anything, just looked rather odd.
Back in the day I worked in a part time job whilst at university and John Brumby worked at the same place when he was a student. He was a few years ahead of me at Uni and I didn't know him well at all but suffice to say at that time of his life he was very much into the opposite sex. He also looked more like Jimmy Page than a future premier.

The thing that always surprised me is how young "Ministerial advisers" are.

Reactions: 1 users
mate, the airport is privately owned. they have to negotiate with the owners to get access to the land. privatisation is screwing over Victorians again. There is nothing wrong with an overground airport station. That's what Brisbane has and I don't think its an eyesore.
Yep.

The problem is that the left is like a cult. Even when they know they are being lied to, they'd rather listen to more lies than hear truth. It's like a mind disease.
I must admit i am always amused when those on the "right" pretend to be oh so intelligent by claiming that only those on the "left" are the gullible ones.

The evidence in America in recent years, in addition to local media like The Hun., the Daily Fail and skynews, suggest that view is just a little wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
That confirms my suspicions that the people you were talkingto didn't have a clue!

I spent a lot of time with ministers too, moreso from the late 1991 onwards. What an upity lot of dimb wit tossers they were and i'm talking about from both sides of politics. The hissy fits that Pat McNamara, dept of recourses would throw if the news papers weren't in his tray at precisely 9am. Stephen Elder, the Education Dept, who was there by family reputation alone it seemed and they were Liberals who i was voting for at the time. They were perdantic issues, but don't get me started on the documentation i pulled up as a consultant at the time to the former Cain Kirner Govt. The documents between their ministers and the State bank and Tricontinental which seemed to be to loan as much money to all their dodgy mates. David White and his deals relatingto the Gas and Fuel Corp building FMD, and i mean FMD. DAvid White and Peter Cleeland were like dumb and dumber to the point that had they been in the private sector they'd have done time for the deals they did.

I was young too at the time but i wasn't doing the work i was doing because i was stupid. I was facinated by the utter incompitence, and enjoyed the role immensly due to what we were uncovering. Unfortunately my hot head got me into a bit of strife when a public servant clerk mistook me for a temp worker and made a deogatory comment to me. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong person for him.

One thing you learn with experience K3 is never judge a persons intelligence by the title they hold. You will be dissapointed on more than just the odd occasion.

In relation to what i did to that clerk, in reality not much, but enough to get me removed from the role. Do i regret it, yes and not just for losing the role. I try to tell myself these days that you don't know why a person is like they are without having walked in their shoes, or seen their upbringing.

Bad memory buy hey, while typing this i just got a great trade on AAPL movingoff the 200SMA
Sounds like you've had some, at the least, interesting times mate. :)

And back then I didn't know better but Hawke and Keating were great to listen to!

Most seemed like a decent % were there for the money, notoriety and connections, strutting their way around the room. If anything, politicians (the major party one's that is) are probably even worse these days. At least we had the Dem's back then! :D

Last edited:
I must admit i am always amused when those on the "right" pretend to be oh so intelligent by claiming that only those on the "left" are the gullible ones.

The evidence in America in recent years, in addition to local media like The Hun., the Daily Fail and skynews, suggest that view is just a little wrong.
I'm not into any main stream media Brodders and i've said it before on here but i will say it again. We have to get the idea out of our heads that it's Labor v Liberal or Deomcrat v Republicans. The reality is that it's the Elitists v the people and a lot of what we get in society is distraction to keep our focus off what they are doing or trying to do in order to gain more control.

I occasionally see things from Sky New or CNN coming through my news feeds, but it's not my main diet of media.

I have to admit though, reading your posts on here that you do need to broaden your media appetite.

Having said all that, it wasn't Sky News that was feeding the American public the Steele Dossier and the Russia Disinformaion line on the Hunter Biden Laptop. As much as i feel Sky is beholden to Wall St, they certainly ain't at the same levels as CNN when it comes to bullshitting the voter.

If you look at the two sides talking about whose leading the polls at the moment, Sky will give a very different view to CNN as to how Biden's strategy of prosecuting his political opponent has affected things.

Worse is just what they either dead set refuse to talk about in the media, or the absolute rubbish they are feeding us on the Russia / Ukraine front. We are literally on the brink on nuclear war, with Putin having addressed his natuon on national TV, advising them to stock up on canned food etc, and that all authority has already been signed should the Ukranians hit a strategic military centre. In other words, if the cluster F*** that is the Ukraine accidentally hit the wrong target, then the response will be instant nuking of Europe who, along with the US have authorised the use of their HMARS and ATKM misiles into Russian territory.

We're all beintold how evil Putin is, when in reality we are the ones esculating the whoel conflict. With the clown show of Anthony Blinken and Jake Sullivan leading the charge, what could possibly go wrong.

The media is full of climate change clap trap driving us to extinction, but say nothing about the fact that we are on thge edge of blowing ourselves to buggery.

Where's that poster that claimed he knocked back an offer to join the world elitist cartel that run the whole world behind the scenes?

I'm not into any main stream media Brodders and i've said it before on here but i will say it again. We have to get the idea out of our heads that it's Labor v Liberal or Deomcrat v Republicans. The reality is that it's the Elitists v the people and a lot of what we get in society is distraction to keep our focus off what they are doing or trying to do in order to gain more control.

I occasionally see things from Sky New or CNN coming through my news feeds, but it's not my main diet of media.

I have to admit though, reading your posts on here that you do need to broaden your media appetite.

Having said all that, it wasn't Sky News that was feeding the American public the Steele Dossier and the Russia Disinformaion line on the Hunter Biden Laptop. As much as i feel Sky is beholden to Wall St, they certainly ain't at the same levels as CNN when it comes to bullshitting the voter.

If you look at the two sides talking about whose leading the polls at the moment, Sky will give a very different view to CNN as to how Biden's strategy of prosecuting his political opponent has affected things.

Worse is just what they either dead set refuse to talk about in the media, or the absolute rubbish they are feeding us on the Russia / Ukraine front. We are literally on the brink on nuclear war, with Putin having addressed his natuon on national TV, advising them to stock up on canned food etc, and that all authority has already been signed should the Ukranians hit a strategic military centre. In other words, if the cluster F*** that is the Ukraine accidentally hit the wrong target, then the response will be instant nuking of Europe who, along with the US have authorised the use of their HMARS and ATKM misiles into Russian territory.

We're all beintold how evil Putin is, when in reality we are the ones esculating the whoel conflict. With the clown show of Anthony Blinken and Jake Sullivan leading the charge, what could possibly go wrong.

The media is full of climate change clap trap driving us to extinction, but say nothing about the fact that we are on thge edge of blowing ourselves to buggery.
As Ian says- you are the one who first mentioned the left. I usually try to put "left" and "right" in commas because they really arent accurate in describing where a lot of people sit.

You probably need to try to be a little less arogant in your posting- suggesting I need to broaden my "media appetite" when you have little idea what media I follow- other than not reading tabloids for news, or watching the nonsense commentators on Sky.

I am then confused by your view on Putin- it is the West's fault that Putin is supposedly planning to respond to particular strikes with nuclear attacks?

And finally what does "climate change clap trap" mean- you dont believe the climate is changing? or you dont believe people are responsible? or you dont believe we should try to respond?

As Ian says- you are the one who first mentioned the left. I usually try to put "left" and "right" in commas because they really arent accurate in describing where a lot of people sit.

You probably need to try to be a little less arogant in your posting- suggesting I need to broaden my "media appetite" when you have little idea what media I follow- other than not reading tabloids for news, or watching the nonsense commentators on Sky.

I am then confused by your view on Putin- it is the West's fault that Putin is supposedly planning to respond to particular strikes with nuclear attacks?

And finally what does "climate change clap trap" mean- you dont believe the climate is changing? or you dont believe people are responsible? or you dont believe we should try to respond?
The climate is changing, as it always has. Its a *smile* question for the naive so they can run around yelling "follow the science, follow the science"! Here's a little secret for you Brodders. The science says what the money tells it to say.

On Russia, yes it is the west's fault. This is a war of the west's making. In the last week or so, NATO put out a statement saying that the former USSR was never promised that NATO wouldn't expand to the east, that it is a defensive organisation bla bla bla. Russia then this week produced the signed agreement fro mthe time which states clearly in black and white that the alliance would not expand one inch towards her borders.

We didn't like the USSR moving missiles into Cuba, yet we expect them to accept the same thing. All this talk from Blinken, Sullivan, Biden and on the other side Lidsay Grahan and Nikki Haley about Russia wanting to take over Europe is so rediculous it's not funny. They aren't even set up to do anything of the sort. They move artillery by rail which changes guage at their western border. They have virtually no nazy to speak of so they can't project power. How on earth would they maintain their supply lines in such an adventure? Yet this is what we are being told by a country with bases in every corner of the world.

Remember that king of the idiots Jusitn Trudeau introducing a Ukrainain war hero to his Parliament last year, and all and sundry standing and clapping this 'hero', only for old Jews to recognise him as a full on SS Nazi. Silly Justin didn't check to see which side old Yaroslav Hunka was fighting on. As we speak, Ukrainians with "88" on their sleeves (8 being the 8th letter of the alphabet "H" ie 88 meaning HH or Heil Hitler) and going around in groups terrorizing the Ukrainain citizenship, grabbing any males they can find off the street and throwing them into the front, dare they go themselves.

Then the families get the body back with the organs cut out. The ones that come back alive are even missing kidneys. That's the sort of country we are trowing money into to fight the Russians.

Lindsay Graham some time ago made theremark that the money theUS has spent has been their best investment ever as they arfe killing Russians and it hasn't cost one US life. That's an indication of how these elitists think of life. Thi is nothing to do with the Ukranian people. They don't give a flying "F" about the Ukranian population. The US will use every single Ukranian life they can to weaken Russia. In the meantime Blackrock is in buying up Ukranian recourse rich land for next to nothing. That's why here is a panic now from the west. The invstment is starting to look bad, because the war is going disasterously wrong for the west. Lindsay Graham even let the cat out of the bag last week about "Not letting Russia get their hands on all of the Ukranian resources"!

Thats all this is about Brodders, plundering the resources of the Ukraine for our own gain. Thats all anything is about for the elitists. It's a money laundering scheme from the public purse to the mega wealthy living in Georgetown Washington. Sort of like the whole climate change tripe. Andrew Forrest, that multi billionaire is hand out asking for OUR money for his hair brained hydrogen scheme. If it's such a good idea, why doesnt he invest his own money into it?

I'll attack politicians on both sides of the isle, as i have dont in this post. I'm not blinded by idiology. We destabilized the Ukraine and now their population is paying the price.

Look at the 86 billion dollars of weapons left behind in Afghanastan. Why do you think they were left there? Now in the hends of the Taliban, eventually they will want to use these shiny new toys. And who goes in to save the day? Thats right, the US tax payer, and we'll be dragged along for the ride. History keeps playing out the same way over and over and over.

Yet you still subscribe to left vs right.
I will qualify what i mean when i say that.

People in the general public will subscribe to left and right. You can't talk politics without mentioning the labels. What i am trying to say is that we, as in you and me shouldn't look at the politicval parties in that vain as they are largely the same beast playing the same game. There are differences on the political scale between them, but thats an illusion they throw up to keep us at each others throats and our eyes of what they are doing at the top.

The climate is changing, as it always has. Its a *smile* question for the naive so they can run around yelling "follow the science, follow the science"! Here's a little secret for you Brodders. The science says what the money tells it to say.

On Russia, yes it is the west's fault. This is a war of the west's making. In the last week or so, NATO put out a statement saying that the former USSR was never promised that NATO wouldn't expand to the east, that it is a defensive organisation bla bla bla. Russia then this week produced the signed agreement fro mthe time which states clearly in black and white that the alliance would not expand one inch towards her borders.

We didn't like the USSR moving missiles into Cuba, yet we expect them to accept the same thing. All this talk from Blinken, Sullivan, Biden and on the other side Lidsay Grahan and Nikki Haley about Russia wanting to take over Europe is so rediculous it's not funny. They aren't even set up to do anything of the sort. They move artillery by rail which changes guage at their western border. They have virtually no nazy to speak of so they can't project power. How on earth would they maintain their supply lines in such an adventure? Yet this is what we are being told by a country with bases in every corner of the world.

Remember that king of the idiots Jusitn Trudeau introducing a Ukrainain war hero to his Parliament last year, and all and sundry standing and clapping this 'hero', only for old Jews to recognise him as a full on SS Nazi. Silly Justin didn't check to see which side old Yaroslav Hunka was fighting on. As we speak, Ukrainians with "88" on their sleeves (8 being the 8th letter of the alphabet "H" ie 88 meaning HH or Heil Hitler) and going around in groups terrorizing the Ukrainain citizenship, grabbing any males they can find off the street and throwing them into the front, dare they go themselves.

Then the families get the body back with the organs cut out. The ones that come back alive are even missing kidneys. That's the sort of country we are trowing money into to fight the Russians.

Lindsay Graham some time ago made theremark that the money theUS has spent has been their best investment ever as they arfe killing Russians and it hasn't cost one US life. That's an indication of how these elitists think of life. Thi is nothing to do with the Ukranian people. They don't give a flying "F" about the Ukranian population. The US will use every single Ukranian life they can to weaken Russia. In the meantime Blackrock is in buying up Ukranian recourse rich land for next to nothing. That's why here is a panic now from the west. The invstment is starting to look bad, because the war is going disasterously wrong for the west. Lindsay Graham even let the cat out of the bag last week about "Not letting Russia get their hands on all of the Ukranian resources"!

Thats all this is about Brodders, plundering the resources of the Ukraine for our own gain. Thats all anything is about for the elitists. It's a money laundering scheme from the public purse to the mega wealthy living in Georgetown Washington. Sort of like the whole climate change tripe. Andrew Forrest, that multi billionaire is hand out asking for OUR money for his hair brained hydrogen scheme. If it's such a good idea, why doesnt he invest his own money into it?

I'll attack politicians on both sides of the isle, as i have dont in this post. I'm not blinded by idiology. We destabilized the Ukraine and now their population is paying the price.

Look at the 86 billion dollars of weapons left behind in Afghanastan. Why do you think they were left there? Now in the hends of the Taliban, eventually they will want to use these shiny new toys. And who goes in to save the day? Thats right, the US tax payer, and we'll be dragged along for the ride. History keeps playing out the same way over and over and over.
You've clearly "done your research", but it looks like you are just spreading unsubstantiated propaganda.