Tale of the Tiger numbers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tale of the Tiger numbers

toby64 said:
49 goals in his first season straight out of the under 19s.

Imagine a rookie doing that these days.

Although he rebounded well, I still reckon he was wasted in defence.

PS. I hope his daughter Tessa's doing well with her c..... battle.

YinnarTiger said:
They've also left out 39. Jewel and Kellaway.
Can't see how they can leave those 2 out. Both were great servants of the club and Tony played in and coached a Premiership.

toby64 said:
49 goals in his first season straight out of the under 19s.

Imagine a rookie doing that these days.

Was sensational that first year, looked a champion in the making. Even his name used to evoke black & white images of early superstars for me. No idea what happened.

Tigerhealer said:
I thought that was nahas?
There is another off-season poll question. We have dominated the one-sided player category for the past 30 years, if nothing else.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Was sensational that first year, looked a champion in the making. Even his name used to evoke black & white images of early superstars for me. No idea what happened.
Yeah, along with so many of those under 19 players from that era they started off well and then disappeared.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Yeah he looked destined for stardom.

The good doctor got his claws into him, Tim Barling and Maurice at the end of 1985.

None of their careers ever reached the heights after that.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Yes, agree on James as saw him play. Could never figure out what stopped him having a top career as a forward either. But we had another similar one - Justin Murphy. Well, I think he kicked about 5 in his very first game at least. Not too sure how many for the season but only played 12 games for us after his great debut.
Then went on to have a great career at Carlscum, especially as a mid.
A wasted opportunity!

leon said:
Yes, agree on James as saw him play. Could never figure out what stopped him having a top career as a forward either. But we had another similar one - Justin Murphy. Well, I think he kicked about 5 in his very first game at least. Not too sure how many for the season but only played 12 games for us after his great debut.
Then went on to have a great career at Carlscum, especially as a mid.
A wasted opportunity!

Yep, 5 against Essendon.
We nearly won that game too.